***OFFICAL*** Bears GM/Coaching Search News Thread

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is one of the weakest candidate pools I can remember and here we are with 8 and more on the way?

This whole thing has been so depressing why did Nagy have to such a fraud.

This reminds me of people saying the 2017 QB draft class was weak. No one really knows.
I'm actually a fan of the guy but every time I get excited and want the Bears to interview him, I remember that he was part of the staff that chose Trey Lance over Fields. I do think he's the next big offensive HC candidate though.

You saying that to suggest he may not be sold on Fields or to say you think he got it wrong?

Rise

Liked Posts:
Aren't these positions most teams allow the gm to hire people for? But bears just want the gm to do all of it?

It’s just like wanting one guy to be the president of ops + GM which hood organizations hire two people for. They are cheap! Paying players is not the same thing, can’t lump the two together.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This reminds me of people saying the 2017 QB draft class was weak. No one really knows.

You saying that to suggest he may not be sold on Fields or to say you think he got it wrong?
to say he may not be sold on Fields. Too early to tell if they got it wrong.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuck the random trade people

Jeepers...that Watson trade!

20220120_112353.jpg

If you count the trade up for Fields and Roquan Smith being a first round pick, that's five first round picks given up for player you could have just drafted yourself with one pick.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
This is so bad. 22 year old QB who has always been 1st or 2nd in every ranking prior to entering the NFL and just finished a season where his "offensive genius" head coach was fired for being terrible for multiple seasons so let's trade him for pennies on the dollar! Bears fans will love it! ?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow they really think Watson is that much better than Fields?
Or Wilson?

I mean…a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. It would almost always behoove you to take the pro-bowl QB over the “potential” but damn I like Fields and that would be hard to do.
I don’t share the delusion that my defense is anywhere near ready to make that pay off.
Houston has a high draft pick already, I’d offer Smith and a first and Montgomery or anything they want for Watson but not Fields.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Jeepers...that Watson trade!

View attachment 16975

If you count the trade up for Fields and Roquan Smith being a first round pick, that's five first round picks given up for player you could have just drafted yourself with one pick.
Ryan Pace digs this. This is the MFing way. Trade those 1sts.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ryan Pace digs this. This is the MFing way. Trade those 1sts.

The only reason I am confident that trade will never happen is because that boob is unemployed.