Official 2011-12 NBA Rumors/News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawnders

Liked Posts:
Dwight needs to go to a team where he isn't the strongest player on the team(physically). He needs to get punked down or something. All he can do is stand by the goal.

Utahbullsfan

Liked Posts:
KCJHoop Brian Scalabrine has left Benetton Treviso in Italy and returned to the States. As reported yesterday, he hopes to re-sign with #Bulls.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Scal re-signing=winnings

Chi-Town Brahma

Liked Posts:
KCJHoop Brian Scalabrine has left Benetton Treviso in Italy and returned to the States. As reported yesterday, he hopes to re-sign with #Bulls.

Maybe he'll get a major deal from the Lakers. He's the guy they need to succeed! :D

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Rumor has it Bosh might play C. He bulked up a bit. Expect him to get injured at some point of the season.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dwight needs to go to a team where he isn't the strongest player on the team(physically). .
Good luck finding that team............................

Bosh playing C is music to Magic fans' ears.

While true, and while I'm really not sure how smar tof a coach Spoelstra is I'm sure given certain matchups he rotates someone else into the starting 5 spot against Orlando.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dwight needs to go to a team where he isn't the strongest player on the team(physically). He needs to get punked down or something. All he can do is stand by the goal.

Dwight needs somebody at the 4 who is tough and able to make hustle plays (i.e. Nick Collison, Anderson Varejao, Taj Gibson, Kris Humphries) so he can stay away from getting the whistle blown against him.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Instead of Battier, if OKC could somehow squeeze David West or Nene under their cap then I don't think any team in the NBA would be able to stop them next season.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
While true, and while I'm really not sure how smar tof a coach Spoelstra is I'm sure given certain matchups he rotates someone else into the starting 5 spot against Orlando.

Not very smart as all. There was a point last season where Riley was laying out gameplans for him. Just sounds like hes trying to get his 5 best guys on the floor with Haslem at the 4.

Like you said, given the matchups it would make sense. But i saw a pick of Bosh at practice yesterday and he really didnt look all too big. Looks like he put on some muscle but still a bit lanky. Hes just not tough enough to play a full time role at C.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not very smart as all. There was a point last season where Riley was laying out gameplans for him. Just sounds like hes trying to get his 5 best guys on the floor with Haslem at the 4.

Another :obama: moment was when Rondo was playing with one arm and Spoelstra wasn't: 1. Pressuring the fuck out of him and 2. Forcing him to the side that had the dislocated elbow.

I was watching the game on TV flabbergasted at that idiocy.

You have a guy playing with pretty much one arm and not only are you playing off of him 15 feet, you're allowing him to go to his one good arm that remains.

W.

T.

F.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Another :obama: moment was when Rondo was playing with one arm and Spoelstra wasn't: 1. Pressuring the fuck out of him and 2. Forcing him to the side that had the dislocated elbow.

I was watching the game on TV flabbergasted at that idiocy.

You have a guy playing with pretty much one arm and not only are you playing off of him 15 feet, you're allowing him to go to his one good arm that remains.

W.

T.

F.

Ha i almost forgot about that. I guess the thinking was, when you have this much talent, who needs coaching?

DCguy

Liked Posts:
Dan Wolken: Heard from a source the Pacers could be making a huge play for Marc Gasol. Could put Griz in tough spot.

Utahbullsfan

Liked Posts:
Dan Wolken: Heard from a source the Pacers could be making a huge play for Marc Gasol. Could put Griz in tough spot.

Gar/Pax Should be calling them and offering to take Mayo of their hands for cap space so that they can keep him!

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Then what do we do when Mayo wants a contract extension?

DCguy

Liked Posts:
Then what do we do when Mayo wants a contract extension?

That's probably the hold up of really pushing hard to trade for him. I know he wants to get paid.

DCguy

Liked Posts:
Gar/Pax Should be calling them and offering to take Mayo of their hands for cap space so that they can keep him!

The Bulls probably would do it if they knew they can keep Mayo for a cheap price since he is up for a big contract in the summer.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
We wont have any money for him, not the money he wants at least. The only SG we're getting is one of the older vets who will take less to win. Thats if we dont move some pieces around. Thats why getting Korver off the books is so critical.

Utahbullsfan

Liked Posts:
That's probably the hold up of really pushing hard to trade for him. I know he wants to get paid.

I think you are right! I think that's why we didn't want to give too much for him. But if we could get him less he'd be worth the risk. If he lives up to his potential then he'd be worth going into the tax for, if he doesn't cut our losses.

But after typing all that I just remembered hes on his rookie deal so I dont know how much cap space it would actually give them...

Status
Not open for further replies.