Official 2023 Training Camp thread

joec231

Liked Posts:
I hope you're right, but so far statistically that's not true.. Jones played like crap last year.. but Jones playing like crap still outplayed Fields as a passer so maybe you should wait for Fields to actually improve in that department before trying a call out post?
1692303400274.png

1692303433710.png

I see improvement in the "passing department" for one of these QBs.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I hope you're right, but so far statistically that's not true.. Jones played like crap last year.. but Jones playing like crap still outplayed Fields as a passer so maybe you should wait for Fields to actually improve in that department before trying a call out post?
Well actually I go by the most recent year, and in 2022 Fields was the better QB—both by the traditional QB rating and QBR. And by DVOA as well. So sit down and shut up.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
He shouldn’t be coming in low like that in practice. Agreed it wasn’t malicious, but he should know better.
Tough one because he may have been expecting contact but since it was a screen, the OL just let him go through.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Well actually I go by the most recent year, and in 2022 Fields was the better QB—both by the traditional QB rating and QBR. And by DVOA as well. So sit down and shut up.

b...b...b...but the passing yards! /s

What does it matter that fields scored more points if he threw for less yards?!?

Fat Mac will be a backup by the end of the year while fields will be going to the probowls.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Well hell, I guess there is no point to even the regular season then. Although I guess they probably have to show up and go through the motions due to TV contracts? I wonder if people would still watch a 3 hour or so scripted walk through?
Has @zabavka ever watched an actual Bears game, seeing that they are all scripted?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Real OGs use AOL, or even Compuserve. That's all I got (and yes, completely validating that I'm officially an old fart, I used both of those). (edit I guess there were Internet Newsgroups even before that *sigh*).
Omelepants used to use stone tablets, so you are not THAT old.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Its called a screen, just ask that weirdo @Mighty Joe Young about them.

Really unfortunate that the DT got rag dolled into fields leg, but that def was not on the dlineman.

If your screen design gets your QB killed, you might want to change how you draw it up.

This was the same play I saw on Saturday. Then, I thought it was on Cody for a weak block.

Here, seeing it again, its as you guys said - its intentional, because Cody flat runs and doesn't even block the guy coming up the middle, which leaves the defender wide open to take a shot at Justin.

And I'm sorry - to all the "its called a screen idiot, der, you don't know football!" crowd - why is it when I see other teams run screens, they don't get their quarterback killed?

Like honest, its damn rare to see a screen that lets the defender straight up the middle - usually they let pressure in from between the guard and tackle, and in the cases of it being between the center and the guard, why isn't the design to have fields roll out some in the direction the play is going to keep the defender off of him and buy him that extra second to let the play develop?

This is beyond Whitehair now - what the fuck is up with that shit ass screen Getsy....

msadows

Liked Posts:
If your screen design gets your QB killed, you might want to change how you draw it up.

This was the same play I saw on Saturday. Then, I thought it was on Cody for a weak block.

Here, seeing it again, its as you guys said - its intentional, because Cody flat runs and doesn't even block the guy coming up the middle, which leaves the defender wide open to take a shot at Justin.

And I'm sorry - to all the "its called a screen idiot, der, you don't know football!" crowd - why is it when I see other teams run screens, they don't get their quarterback killed?

Like honest, its damn rare to see a screen that lets the defender straight up the middle - usually they let pressure in from between the guard and tackle, and in the cases of it being between the center and the guard, why isn't the design to have fields roll out some in the direction the play is going to keep the defender off of him and buy him that extra second to let the play develop?

This is beyond Whitehair now - what the fuck is up with that shit ass screen Getsy....

Calm down, I was not serious.

No one wants your fucking opinion or thoughts on the screen game.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I use AOL and Facebook daily.

I also use letters..... with stamps..... :oops:
Every now and then, people ask me after giving them my email "Yahoo is still a thing." I'm like Bitch, their email is flawless and they have the best finance page on the internet!

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Come on, diving at the ankles in a practice is bush league.
Not confirming nor denying that it was a dive (I haven't watched the video on a full-screen), but a dive at the knees is how TB12 got injured a few years ago.