Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I’m beginning to accept Fields will never be the type of QB who consistently gets the ball out in 2.5 seconds consistently. That’s fine. That’s who he is as a player, and every one of them has strengths and weaknesses.

Knowing that, Poles needs to build a wall in front of him. Probably need to use 1 of the 1st round picks we have on a LT and address interior later or FA.
Those quick passes will still happen in the time frame needed. Roethlisberger made a career out of making quick passes when he had to, and holding onto the ball for a better route to open up when he could afford to. If it works for Fields, then we'll be just fine

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No- on this route, Herbert ran with a MAGA flag in hand and started building a wall (very poorly, for that matter) on his way to the end zone.
He must’ve worked on that this offseason. We saw none of that last year.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Is "the texas route" the wheel route?
The wheel is when the RB makes a move to the flat behind the line, like a normal dump off option, before turning up field and forcing the LB to cover closer to full speed. It's a great route for a receiving back to master, and less capable LBs will get called for interference when the back is moving past them.

Other posters showed the Texas route with picture, but what is important there is that the back and TE are giving the QB a High-Low read. I've never seen a wheel route look like it was part of the primary read (though I am also an amateur and have little clue to what I see)

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
People arent reacting to your concern over Braxton, there was plenty on the tape last year to be concerned about and people have kind of fallen over themselves to mention that in most of the posts. It was the stupid comment about what are pads going to do, weigh him down with the smug laughing emoji that caused most of the backlash since it shows a fundamental misunderstanding of OL play. Dont take posters words for it though, Eberflus himself said as much in an article a few posts above this one.

So you are saying people over reacted to a smart ass comment I made, complete with an emoji that made it clear I knew I was being a smart-ass, and you think that makes those people look better?!?

Yeah man at this point I can't help ya... ???

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
So you are saying people over reacted to a smart ass comment I made, complete with an emoji that made it clear I knew I was being a smart-ass, and you think that makes those people look better?!?

Yeah man at this point I can't help ya... ???
Please shut up and quit derailing the thread, moron.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
First it is Billings blowing up a running play now Dexter, this is something we never saw last year from our DT's. This alone will help to improve the defense.
I'm thinking much of the blame could go to Lucas Patrick who was in at RG.