Official 2023 Training Camp thread

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Might have something to do with the odds that just got worse.
Yeah. No idea what they were, but there is some risk:reward at play here. If Mahomes gets you to 1:1.5, and Fields is at 1:25 that certainly factors in.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Ball underthrown though. Don't mean to nitpick but would of been a long TD throw if not underthrown.
Into the wind…

I played golf today and it was a one club wind away from Lake Michigan. It gets windier as you go east toward Lake Forest.

That’s a nitpick.

Last edited:

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Or the defense is starting to pick up on the concepts the O has been working on....

This always happens in camp. O has specific things they are working on. After a few days, D catches on and starts anticipating. Rinse and repeat.

To quote myself and expand...

I was just remembering in the Lovie era specifically hearing about how Urlacher would pick up on what the O was working on after like 2 plays and start adjusting the D to they point where they were blowing everything up and coaches had to tell them to back the fuck off so the O could get some reps in.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Any of these reporters claiming Fields is holding the ball too long feels like a forced complaint leveled to drive an agenda. That agenda could be, being the contrarian for clicks and views. Or it could be something else. Regardless, Fields is definitely getting the ball out sooner on plays designed for him to get it out quickly -- see Fields to DJ first play of 11 on 11 for a TD.

Sure, there are plays where he holds the ball some -- see the goal line situation today.... space is limited at the goal line/the field condensed and he is waiting for a guy to break free -- this is nothing to get all bent out of shape about (see Mark Potash) but instead it can be a strength as he prefects this. This is where Patrick Mahomes shines — creativity/extending plays. Today Fields did the same for a number of TD's. Celebrate it/build on it… instead of asking the guy to chuck it at first glance when nobody is open.

When Coach Flus was asked a loaded question today by one of those knucklehead reporters… if he was happy with the speed in which Fields has been getting the ball out… Flus replied “YES” and did not bat an eye. Defensive minded or not, I think the HC knows more about football than a 50 something year old guy with mustard stains on his shirt who has likely never played organized football in his life.

Long way to go… but let’s all enjoy the ride. Fields is making clear strides and thats pretty much all we can ask at this early stage in camp.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Shepherds crook is so open I feel like it’s always windier than the others in the area. You ever hit the LF or HP courses?
Not really… I like Thunderhawk in Waukegan.

I am playing The Preserve at Oak Meadows tomorrow.

We tend to move around.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I vaguely remember Trubisky being the betting favorite to win MVP before the 2019 season. Hope this one turns out differently
Your memory must be shot because the only award he’s gotten was NVP

Edit: Nevermind just saw ESPN had him as a top ten mvp candidate