Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I looked on Zillow where my medical dispensary is and where their rec dispensary was put.

Harder to say with the medical because it's been there a while. But I know they were originally in a house in the neighborhood. The prices are only going up in that area.

Where the recreational was put it looks like values dropped when we legalized. Someone panic sold and lost. After that dip they sky rocketed. Someone sold a little after a peak and made out huge from when they bought it, as in they more than doubled what they paid.
Certainly doesn't look like the dispensary is hurting home values there. Probably not the cause of the increase but not the crash SAM was claiming.

As you said there could be other reasons for the values changing, such as COVID (legalization went into effect January of that year) and generally property values always increase (because the tax man doesn't want to get less). But the house prices certainly aren't crashing around the dispensaries here.

In my city the dispensaries are in a retail only area. I don't know where they are in the other city my sister goes to that has allowed dispensaries with the expansion, I only know the grow shop there and it's downtown.

Just for fun I went to a vocally dry small town. Same dip around legalization/COVID, smaller recent peak. But that is the way of small towns and why I'm considering selling my house to move to a small town with a dispensary near where I fish. I could get my one capital gain home sale and make out like a bandit. But I'd be farther from medical.
I won't consider the dry town that has a hospital.
Again I don't need dispensaries and they can't do anything about me homegrowing, but along with that dry attitude comes stupid cops and they will find something to harass about if they don't like what you are doing.
WTF are you babbling about?

No one gives a single fuck about any of this stupid shit!

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
WTF are you babbling about?

No one gives a single fuck about any of this stupid shit!

Ignore me if you have a problem with me, dipshit.

The guy above obviously cares.
My area supports the study. Chief's experience supports the study.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My area supports the study.
Your area??????

200w.gif

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Feels bull crap to me. Most of the dispensary in SoCal are in the ghetto sectors and not areas of increasing property values. If anything it goes down due to the incoming traffic and smell.

Not to mention the unincorporated areas in San Diego county are the majority of sites.

Cities have fought to keep them out and have them on watch when they open up. Shit is real.

Soncalling BS on that and they are taking one small example and trying to make a cake
hmmm lets see, ill put aside your inherently biased/racist takes to tackle the actual issue at hand...

if these were terrible areas pre pot shops, that would tend to mean low home values there too, right??

a new industry moved in that has crazy high(pun intended) demand and that would thus increase the homes values around it.

just because the area may still not be desireable to you, does not mean that home values there have not gone up still.

lastly, pull your head out your ass on this. if you dont smoke weed, thats fine. but judging by your posting history, you arent some bastion of amazement either...so maybe you should chill on the hateful rhetoric over cannabis.

your cannabis takes are even worse than your cubs takes, somehow!

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Welcome to my troll block list.
OMG!!!!!