Red Sox: Werth
Angels: CC and Soriano

Who needs him?

Cubs: No money and really no interest
A's: Berkman sounds like their guy for DH
Dodgers: Money will not allow it, already spent a lot
Tigers: Signed Martine
Astros: Won't pay him, and will likely go with Brett Wallace
Texas: Depending on Lee situation, and they like the guy Moreland. DH maybe? But will V-Lad come back.
White Sox: Probably the best option, and I think he will sign with the Sox for 4 years at 45.
Mariners: Won't spend because of last offseason.
Blue Jays: Money won't allow it, and I think they have a replacement for Overbay
Orioles: Won't pay big bucks this offseason
Braves: Their could be a match, but I have not seen anything and they could be on a budget
Marlins: I don't see it
Nats: They seem to like Pena better
Mets: This also could be a match

Who does not need him:
Yankees: Tex
Red Sox: Youklis
Angels: Morales
Twins: Justin
Tigers: Martinez
Royals: Butler and a top spect is a 1B (Hosner?)
Phillies: Howard
Cardinals: Puijols
Brewers: Fielder
Pirates: Doumit and someone else
Reds: Votto
Giants: Huff
Rox: Helton
Padres: Gonzo
Diamondbacks: Someone
Dodgers: Loney for now, but I doubt for long.

My top 5:
White Sox: Will sign with them for 4 years at 45M
Rangers: It would have been for DH
Mets: Need a Lefty power bat and a 1B
Braves: Need a 1B and offense
Marlins: I still don't see it

This is how I see it.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
I still think he comes here. Just because of how much KW courted him this season. I'd rather trade for AGon if we could get the right trade and reasonable extension. But I just dont like 60 mil to a guy who just doesn't seem like a 1B to me. But i'd give him 4 years 45-50 million. I'd rather spend that chunk of money and add to it and sign crawford, maybe ditch Floyd to free up some money.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Get em' Kenny for the love of god.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
KW needs to grab his sack and pony up. he may not get the full 15 mil a year, but fuck......go get him! and do it now!

$15 MM per is pretty close to Konerko-money, I'd say (I'm guessing he would be with the Sox for 3 years at $10-13 MM per), and that being the case, you call Dunn's agent immediately with the exact contract he seeks, no questions asked.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
$15 MM per is pretty close to Konerko-money, I'd say (I'm guessing he would be with the Sox for 3 years at $10-13 MM per), and that being the case, you call Dunn's agent immediately with the exact contract he seeks, no questions asked.

yes that extra money goes to dunn, all day long. i love konerko and what he did for us in his TOS and with 2005, but it is time to move on, and im sure on the radio the idiot fans would be calling saying that konerko had a great year and brought us a championship.....its time for fans to wake up with their love fests and look at the team. dunn all day long!!!

Derkach77

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow 6 years....Cubs should just get Gonzo...Sox need Dunn I think more then the Cubs.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
I think everyone pretty much knew that it would take millions and a first-round pick to sign Dunn, but I'm fearing this will be the excuse made by KW if the Sox don't even make a legitimate offer. Of course, it will be ignored for that Konerko has declined arb and is also a Type A, so we'd get that pick right back, presumably, plus a sandwich round pick.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Adam Dunn iz serioz buzinezz

funny-pictures-captain-obvious-cat.jpg

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Yup

Adam Dunn-1B- Nationals Dec. 2 - 12:34 pm et

Jerry Crasnick of ESPN.com reports that the White Sox "have jumped in" on free agent Adam Dunn.
According to Crasnick, White Sox GM Ken Williams' interest "appears serious." Of course, Williams coveted Dunn at the trade deadline, so this isn't surprising. The White Sox may be an appealing destination for Dunn because they currently have a vacancy at first base. The slugger is reportedly seeking four years and $60 million.
Source: Jerry Crasnick on Twitter
Related: White Sox