sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Hope in one hand, shit in the other...that's all anyone is saying.

You're just "hoping" Mitch gets better, the rest of us want to see it.
Well, to be honest, that is not what is happening.

Many people are hoping for a return to 2018 Trubisky, which is nothing compared to the two other QBs who could have been a Bear instead of him. This hope is happening while there is a pandemic, protests on the street and a president who has made the US the laughingstock of the world (and I should know because I have suddenly felt the need to hide due to the embarrassment I feel for being an American right now living in another country ... and, yes, they are laughing at us) while trying to become the next Hitler, using much of Hitler's playbook.

And then there is you who is NOT sitting there with a wait-and-see stance, but rather shitting on anyone's hope of a turnaround with Trubisky that might bring some excitement to the Bears in 2020. You are Mr. I-told-you-so who is telling us I-told-you-so BEFORE the season even starts. You did the same exact thing in 2019, along with your partner Tweedle Dum, BEFORE the Bears had even gotten to OTAs, and that was after Trubisky had finished the 2018 season with what should have been a game-winning drive against Philly(along with the fair 2018 season stats).

If the choice is between you waiting and seeing or you shitting on everyone's hopes, then you need to keep your opinions to yourself, take names of anyone who has a glimmer of hope for a turnaround with Trubisky's play, let the 2020 season play out, watch people's hopes come true or die a slow death and then tell everybody how you told everybody in August that Trubisky was going to do bad.

At least that way, there was a glimmer of hope for a while for some people in this really strange year.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
The Bears would rather Trubisky get better and beat Foles....That is why Foles is here. He is insurance if Trubisky cannot improve. They need to be prepared........

An improved Trubisky is plan A, Foles is plan B
In any given year, you would be right. This year, Foles is an insurance policy for if and when Trubisky is injured (normal stuff), sucks (normal stuff) or is gone for at least two weeks because of a positive corona virus result. Suddenly, Foles only has to be the following: someone who can take over for a few weeks if Truskisky is unavailable (because of suckiness, injury or virus), knows the offense and is BETTER than Chase Daniel.

A week 5 shootout between Trubisky and Brady could be bad news for the Bears. A week 5 shootout between Foles and Gabbert could be another story.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, to be honest, that is not what is happening.

Many people are hoping for a return to 2018 Trubisky, which is nothing compared to the two other QBs who could have been a Bear instead of him. This hope is happening while there is a pandemic, protests on the street and a president who has made the US the laughingstock of the world (and I should know because I have suddenly felt the need to hide due to the embarrassment I feel for being an American right now living in another country ... and, yes, they are laughing at us) while trying to become the next Hitler, using much of Hitler's playbook.

And then there is you who is NOT sitting there with a wait-and-see stance, but rather shitting on anyone's hope of a turnaround with Trubisky that might bring some excitement to the Bears in 2020. You are Mr. I-told-you-so who is telling us I-told-you-so BEFORE the season even starts. You did the same exact thing in 2019, along with your partner Tweedle Dum, BEFORE the Bears had even gotten to OTAs, and that was after Trubisky had finished the 2018 season with what should have been a game-winning drive against Philly(along with the fair 2018 season stats).

If the choice is between you waiting and seeing or you shitting on everyone's hopes, then you need to keep your opinions to yourself, take names of anyone who has a glimmer of hope for a turnaround with Trubisky's play, let the 2020 season play out, watch people's hopes come true or die a slow death and then tell everybody how you told everybody in August that Trubisky was going to do bad.

At least that way, there was a glimmer of hope for a while for some people in this really strange year.

I'm sorry if I come off as douchey, but this is how I see it.

If the organization had any reasonable hope that Mitchell was going to be the guy going forward, they would have picked up his option. They didn't pick up his option because they know it's going to take a minor miracle for him to continue with the team.

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
I'm sorry if I come off as douchey, but this is how I see it.

If the organization had any reasonable hope that Mitchell was going to be the guy going forward, they would have picked up his option. They didn't pick up his option because they know it's going to take a minor miracle for him to continue with the team.

They declined Kyle Fuller's 5th year option also. Franchise tags, 5th year options, etc. are in place for the benefit of the team who aren't decided yet on a player's future. It does not mean they've given up on a player. It means there is still hope but the player has one last chance to prove it. Hence, the signing of a guy to push the competition. I don't think they see Foles as the future either. He is just enough of a competition to still give Trubisky a chance.

And if Trubisky fails, the team will draft a QB in the first round next year and start over.

msadows

Liked Posts:
They declined Kyle Fuller's 5th year option also. Franchise tags, 5th year options, etc. are in place for the benefit of the team who aren't decided yet on a player's future. It does not mean they've given up on a player. It means there is still hope but the player has one last chance to prove it. Hence, the signing of a guy to push the competition. I don't think they see Foles as the future either. He is just enough of a competition to still give Trubisky a chance.

And if Trubisky fails, the team will draft a QB in the first round next year and start over.

aaaand then your defenses window closes....well, unless you suck enough to get trevor lawrence. He's prob the only one good enough to heavily contribute year 1.

Windy has said it 100 times, this roster was composed for mitch to be the guy. This is the last shot for this to happen, if it doesn't, we waste another half decade and elite defense on mediocrity.

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
aaaand then your defenses window closes....well, unless you suck enough to get trevor lawrence. He's prob the only one good enough to heavily contribute year 1.

Windy has said it 100 times, this roster was composed for mitch to be the guy. This is the last shot for this to happen, if it doesn't, we waste another half decade and elite defense on mediocrity.

Exactly, if Mitch is not the guy, I can see Mack, Hicks, and Jackson off the team to try to move into the top of the first round for a Top 3 QB. Nagy and Pace will be gone also. The Bears will rebuild.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If you think Pace and Nagy's career hinge strictly on Mitch, You're delusional. The O is designed to be Nagy's O regardless of who runs it. They chose Foles this offseason. Completely different skill sets. It's dramatic but dudes are just making shit up.

Last edited:

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
If you think Pace and Nagy's career hinge strictly on Mitch, You're delusional. The O is designed to be Nagy's O regardless of who runs it. The chose Foles this offseason. Completely different skill sets. It's dramatic but dudes are just making shit up.

Their careers aren't just tied to Mitch. They tied it to Foles also after the trade. So if Mitch and Foles both fail this season, Pace and Nagy are pretty much screwed. That's 2 QBs they couldn't get right.

And about that thing about dudes making shit up? Everyone's making shit up including you. Unless you work for the Bears' front office. It's called speculation.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Their careers aren't just tied to Mitch. They tied it to Foles also after the trade. So if Mitch and Foles both fail this season, Pace and Nagy are pretty much screwed. That's 2 QBs they couldn't get right.

And about that thing about dudes making shit up? Everyone's making shit up including you. Unless you work for the Bears' front office. It's called speculation.
They could suck but if we make he playoffs, it will have no bearing on them. Mitch could play well but if they go 8-8 again, it will be more significant.

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
They could suck but if we make he playoffs, it will have no bearing on them. Mitch could play well but if they go 8-8 again, it will be more significant.

I think we will make the playoffs with either QB. Especially with the expanded playoff structure in 2020.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

They declined Fuller after he had a good year/half year because they wanted him to prove he could do it again.

That is different from declining Mitch after a terrible year where he showed little improvement.

Fuller was at least trending up. Trubs is trending down.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

msadows

Liked Posts:
I assume the 9 players/coaches who tested false positive are not allowed to practice?