***OFFICIAL*** Bears @ 49ers (Week 16) IGT — Bay area edition

greg23

Liked Posts:
They didnt get bailed out

If the refs had called it 4 th down on the field the fg team had time to run out and kick the fg (as they were trying to do)..instead they called it a first down so the offense stayed out to spike it.

We screwed up with the shitty kick off and the poor coverage.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
No, but it's the first half of the game. There's no need for people to go full "the sky is falling" because the Bears are trailing, in a meaningless game.

People will only react to what they see, I don't understand why people always expect to see negative shit happening and not react negatively to it

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
I understand that the outcome most likely would have been the same but how the fuck did the refs conclude that was a 1st down?

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
If the refs said it was 4th down they had time to get a kick off. Nothing changed.

The complaint is why did they call it first down initially? He was clearly almost a full yard short.

It was some benefit of the doubt home call you see all the time. The problem is it wasn’t close enough to even give them the homer 50/50 decision. That’s what’s BS. They basically handed them the fg opportunity when it should have been 4th down and they would have been scrambling to get a kick off.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
If he didn't have the worst season of his career in a contract year he'd still be here. I remember him losing 2 games that year with missed kicks.

It was based off pre season and he is not here because of John Fox thinking kicking in pre season matters.

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
Bears will win, np, np at all.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
No, but it's the first half of the game. There's no need for people to go full "the sky is falling" because the Bears are trailing, in a meaningless game.

I agree with your comment about the sky falling but it is not (necessarily) a meaningless game.

BigAl1965

Liked Posts:
If he didn't have the worst season of his career in a contract year he'd still be here. I remember him losing 2 games that year with missed kicks.
^^^^Great post, sir. BigAl agrees 100%!!!

swz01

Liked Posts:
Their entire secondary besides Sherman is rookies why are we not going after them deep?

Kook

Liked Posts:

Not meaningless. If Bears win out and Rams lose one game, they got 2nd seed... if Bears lose out and Cowboys win one more game, Bears 4th seed

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
People will only react to what they see, I don't understand why people always expect to see negative shit happening and not react negatively to it

Some people watch all 60 minutes before pissing and moaning. I know, it's crazy.

BigAl1965

Liked Posts:
Can this team beat the Saints in the dome?

Probably not. What doesn't get as much attention is that the Saints have an extremely good defense also.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Not meaningless. If Bears win out and Rams lose one game, they got 2nd seed...

Bears don’t even have the 3rd seed locked up yet. If they lose this game they have to beat the Vikings.

Dallas owns the tie breaker.