Official Breaking Bad Thread (Vol. Better Call Saul S5)

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree, BNB. Wifey and I felt so bad for Jesse.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jesse freaked out when the GF got shot. Thats why I think he will help Walt kill Jack and co.

FrenchieBully

Liked Posts:
I hope he can somehow bring down Gray Technologies.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'm betting that's the last you'll see of Gray Technologies. I don't think the point of that being in the episode was to reintroduce the characters. I think the point was that Walt was ready to turn himself in, saw the two of them on television basically saying he is nothing. Look at how his facial expression changed in that scene. He was more pissed that people were saying he was nothing, and his massive ego couldn't take it so he goes back to New Mexico to reclaim what is his.

Besides, what is there exactly about Gray Technologies that is to be brought down?

Reactions: BNB

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
From what I read...Grey was brought back in cause some kid with cancer contacted Gillian and asked about it...Gillian offered to tell the kid the ending, but the kid said he would see it on TV...The kid died before its airing...Gillian is dedicating the last 2 episodes to that kid. Nice gesture by Gillian

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

He already is.

That televised interview did mention that the grant they were offering was just to divert stockholders attention from sinking shares...due to their association with the now infamous Walter White.

The phone call with Walter Jr was fantastic...I knew Junior was going to just lay into him and break whatever was left of Walt's heart. I know it still seems way too obvious, but how many people have told Walt to kill himself this season? Just sayin.

Speaking of which...once again Walt is ready to just call it quits and something works him up all over again.

("So sad...my family hates me...nothing to live for...so sleepy...what?!? Former business partners belittling my contribution? HEISENBERG SMASH!!!")

Any final predictions anyone?

I give up...the only thing I still believe happens next Sunday is that Walter White will be dead by the end credits. Anything else that happens is gravy.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I started watching this series late, probably started in June with Netflix. Every time I think it's going to go one way, it goes another. No predictions for me, and not buying anything anybody says.

BrudderBear

Mr House,Mojave Wasteland
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah I was wrong on the glasses. But I didn't expect to be right, after all with this show it's hard to be right about anything.

I'm thinking 4 are likely to happen in the ending:

1. Walt kills the nazis and frees Jesse.
2. Walt kills the nazis and turns himself in.
3. The nazis kill Walt.
4. Walt sees his family and turns himself in....

But who knows with this show..

I'm so confused as to how this is show is going to end now because Walt not only has to deal with his family, he also has a plan for the Jack/Jesse situation AND now the Grey matter situation as well. I don't know how it's all gonna fit in the whole episode.

All I care about is that Jesse does not die. He's been through so much shit this whole series.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm so confused as to how this is show is going to end now because Walt not only has to deal with his family, he also has a plan for the Jack/Jesse situation AND now the Grey matter situation as well. I don't know how it's all gonna fit in the whole episode.
THIS

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:

I give up...the only thing I still believe happens next Sunday is that Walter White will be dead by the end credits. Anything else that happens is gravy.

I think the Walter White part of him is pretty much already dead. Everything Walter White related in his life is basically gone, family hates him/can't communicate with him because of the feds, he can't go out in public, and his name/reputation is gone. I think the phone call with his son was essentially the death blow to Walter White, he now is 100% Heisenberg.

Another thing I found interesting, the show led people to assume he became angry over the Grey Matter interview, but it also mentioned that his trademark blue meth had resurfaced on the streets. At this point I don't know which would make Hesienberg/Walt more angry, since the Walter White side of him is already publically shamed. The Heisenberg side of him at least still has the reputation of being the best there ever was in the Meth game, maybe that's the only reputation he has left to care about?

This episode also really drove home to me the fact that pretty much everyone whom Jesse has loved/been truly close to is now dead, or an orphan. Even though he tried to turn over a new leaf and stop being as evil as the people around him, Karma didn't give him much to show for it.

This last episode is going to be action packed, there is so much stuff that still needs closure. I would worry that the final episode would be rushed, but this show has done more than enough to earn the benefit of the doubt. I can't wait for the final episode of one of the greatest TV dramas of my time.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Blue surfacing means only 1 thing to Walter..Jesse is cookinng again and is ripping Walter off for his "patent".

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree with Prope that the Grey Matter thing was just there to jump-start Walt again. I don't think there will be enough time for them to have Walt resolve the situation with the Nazi's, his family and the money, Jesse AND Grey Matter. Or who knows, maybe he just quickly makes a stop to their house and shoots them.

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
("So sad...my family hates me...nothing to live for...so sleepy...what?!? Former business partners belittling my contribution? HEISENBERG SMASH!!!")

:lmao:

About a month ago I started a Breaking Bad marathon. I got all caught up last night, perfect timing if I do say so myself. I'm so pumped for Sundays final episode, but i'm sad that it's ending. I almost went to 7-11 to get a 40 to pour one out for Schrader.

Reactions: DC

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
Jesse deserves whatever he gets. He's been a bitch the entire series.

Virtually all of Walt's problems can be attributed to him being a little girl.

Love the character, but he needs to grow a pair.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the Walter White part of him is pretty much already dead. Everything Walter White related in his life is basically gone, family hates him/can't communicate with him because of the feds, he can't go out in public, and his name/reputation is gone. I think the phone call with his son was essentially the death blow to Walter White, he now is 100% Heisenberg.

If thats the route you want to go...Walter White died with Gus. I get what you mean (Gloria even says as much in the interview), but whatever you want to call him...I've never been able to see this series end any other way than Walt/Hinesburg dead.

Another thing I found interesting, the show led people to assume he became angry over the Grey Matter interview, but it also mentioned that his trademark blue meth had resurfaced on the streets. At this point I don't know which would make Hesienberg/Walt more angry, since the Walter White side of him is already publically shamed. The Heisenberg side of him at least still has the reputation of being the best there ever was in the Meth game, maybe that's the only reputation he has left to care about?

Walt handed the business over to Todd so I don't see him having much of a reaction to his product still being sold. No doubt it was the Grey Matter interview that set him off. It re-soured him that his legacy is nothing. Everything he did in his life is nothing. It was one last quickening of cold hard anger that took him away from letting himself die in a cabin and instead write his own last chapter in the story of Walter White.

(oh and I agree there will be no contact with the Grey Matter people...far more pressing matters at hand)

This episode also really drove home to me the fact that pretty much everyone whom Jesse has loved/been truly close to is now dead, or an orphan. Even though he tried to turn over a new leaf and stop being as evil as the people around him, Karma didn't give him much to show for it.

Jesse has had the most interesting story arc...it's almost the perfect polar opposite of Walter's, yet they are ending the same. He's another one I have a hard time seeing survive this series.

This last episode is going to be action packed, there is so much stuff that still needs closure. I would worry that the final episode would be rushed, but this show has done more than enough to earn the benefit of the doubt. I can't wait for the final episode of one of the greatest TV dramas of my time.

Closure could come in a bloodbath...don't need more than sixty seconds for that.

Seriously, the final episode is going to be epic. Any final scenes with Walter and Skyler or Walter and Jesse should be gut wrenching.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
What I've wondered about the whole time since they started the last season who is the ricin for?

Is he pulling a Gus with Jack and his team or is it strictly for himself?

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"Another thing I found interesting, the show led people to assume he became angry over the Grey Matter interview, but it also mentioned that his trademark blue meth had resurfaced on the streets. At this point I don't know which would make Hesienberg/Walt more angry, since the Walter White side of him is already publically shamed. The Heisenberg side of him at least still has the reputation of being the best there ever was in the Meth game, maybe that's the only reputation he has left to care about?

Walt handed the business over to Todd so I don't see him having much of a reaction to his product still being sold. No doubt it was the Grey Matter interview that set him off. It re-soured him that his legacy is nothing. Everything he did in his life is nothing. It was one last quickening of cold hard anger that took him away from letting himself die in a cabin and instead write his own last chapter in the story of Walter White."

IMO, the meth being blue could only have come from Jesse. Todd wasn't that experienced...I'd bet that's what stuck in Walt's mind and now he knows Jesse is cooking for Jack and the boys. Either he is going to save Jesse, or kill him for cooking "Walt's" patented meth

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What I've wondered about the whole time since they started the last season who is the ricin for?

Is he pulling a Gus with Jack and his team or is it strictly for himself?

If I had to guess it's for himself. In what context though... I don't know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4