Official Chicago Bears (0-0) vs Atlanta Falcons (0-0) Week 1 Game Thread

Who wins?

• Total voters

Adog06

Liked Posts:
You know, theres something that really pisses me off about haters/certain tv announcers. Why is it when Jay has an incomplete pass, like the one play where they should have thrown a pass interference flag on the Hester incomplete pass in the end zone, why is it that his incomplete passes are "ill advised throws". Matt Ryan throws a dumb INT and they don't give him shit for it? Can somebody help me out on this one? lol

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
You know, theres something that really pisses me off about haters/certain tv announcers. Why is it when Jay has an incomplete pass, like the one play where they should have thrown a pass interference flag on the Hester incomplete pass in the end zone, why is it that his incomplete passes are "ill advised throws". Matt Ryan throws a dumb INT and they don't give him shit for it? Can somebody help me out on this one? lol

Cutler just has bad rap. Cutler been farther then most QB. only 1 game away from superbowl.

Alfonso Soriano

Liked Posts:
Had pre dece seats at the Bears game today. Like 4th row from the top of the stadium but almost DEAD center so you see everything perfect. Not complaining though, I didn't pay for tickets, my friend has been a season ticket holder for a while.

395534084.jpg

395529193.jpg

USA USA USA USA USA USA

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thats because they are bias against Da Bears. Even if we win it all, they'd still bitch about something. But take someone like Farve throwing a game ending pick in the Playoffs or Peyton Mannings horrific run last year where he dished out more Ints than usual and they'll still praise them and fault something else. Media is and always will be bias. If they like them, theyre on their nuts.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you guys remember that time the Bears destroyed the team with the best record in the NFC last year?

J

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you remember that time the defending Super Bowl champion and favorite choked and missed the playoffs? I think it was 2011. That was sweet.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thats because they are bias against Da Bears. Even if we win it all, they'd still bitch about something. But take someone like Farve throwing a game ending pick in the Playoffs or Peyton Mannings horrific run last year where he dished out more Ints than usual and they'll still praise them and fault something else. Media is and always will be bias. If they like them, theyre on their nuts.

Uh Peyton Manning's team was basically injured. ;)

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Someone needs to tell Lovie to quit challenging plays on the 1 yard line ;)

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
Someone needs to tell Lovie to quit challenging plays on the 1 yard line ;)

i thought it was a TD :shrug:
so did the ex-head of officiating in the booth

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
i thought it was a T :shrug:
I guess I'd rather just score the TD instead of risking and losing a timeout :shrug:

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Lovie just wanted to reward Hester for great run. I understand what your saying though

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
i thought it was a TD :shrug:

I did too.

I guess I'd rather just score the TD instead of risking and losing a timeout :shrug:

You risk a turnover or going 4 downs without punching it in. Since to me, and the ex-ref, it looked like a TD. I would have challenged that. Yes, there are Lovie challenges that are mind boggling, but this was not one of them.

The Bears did a similar thing against the Lions in Week 1 last year where they recovered a fumble on the 1 year line, then Cutler and the offense could not punch it in that one yard on 4 straight plays.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I did too.

You risk a turnover or going 4 downs without punching it in. Since to me, and the ex-ref, it looked like a TD. I would have challenged that. Yes, there are Lovie challenges that are mind boggling, but this was not one of them.

The Bears did a similar thing against the Lions in Week 1 last year where they recovered a fumble on the 1 year line, then Cutler and the offense could not punch it in that one yard on 4 straight plays.
If the Bears couldn't have punched it in from the 1 in 4 tries, they have more problems than challenges.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If the Bears couldn't have punched it in from the 1 in 4 tries, they have more problems than challenges.

My point was you never know what is going to happen.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My point was you never know what is going to happen.
Just like how that TO would have been valuable in a close game.

The coaching staff has to have some faith in the offense to get it done from 1.

Even with uncertainty, getting it in from the one in 4 tries or less is a must in the NFL.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cutler with nice postgame interview. Tell he had good time today