Passing YPG – 26th
Rushing YPG – 11th
Points Allowed – 14th
Turnovers - 13th

Bears Offensive Leaders
QBs:
7760.jpg

Jay Cutler
85.6 QB rating, 155/264 1910 yards, 11 Touchdowns, 6 Interceptions, sacked 21 times, fumbled 5 times, lost 2 fumbles

RBs:
8821.jpg

Matt Forte
148 rushes, 805 yards, 5.4 avg, 2 touchdowns, 2 fumbles lost *2nd in the league in rushing yards
41 receptions, 436 yards, 1 touchdown (leads Bears in receiving)

WRs:
9404.jpg

Johnny Knox
20 receptions, 362 yards, 0 Touchdowns

Defensive Leaders

Tackles
6404.jpg

Lance Briggs
60 Tackles

Sacks

5888.jpg

Julius Peppers
5 Sacks

Interceptions
5038.jpg

Brian Urlacher
3 Interception
*DJ Moore also has 3 Interceptions

Bears vs Lions Notes

-The Lions have yet to lose on the road this season
-The Bears have not lost to the Lions at home since the 2007 season

Injury Report:
Bears:
Devin Hester - WR (Ankle) - ?
Gabe Carimi - T (Knee) - Questionable

Lions:

Jahvid Best - RB (Concussion) - Out

CHI CITY SPORTS l #1 Chicago Sports Fan Message Board - Forum Rules register if you're a guest and dont have an account to post with!​

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I honestly think the Bears will win. Call me a homer if you'd like but the offensive line has gotten better as the new guys have learned the system. It won't be a false-start fest as it was in Detroit either.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I honestly think the Bears will win. Call me a homer if you'd like but the offensive line has gotten better as the new guys have learned the system. It won't be a false-start fest as it was in Detroit either.

And Cutler didnt play poorly against Detroit either. Matt Forte still ran the ball on Detroit, issues were penalties, protection issues and then the defense giving up huge plays. Detroit also should still have no run game, so it will be all pass pass pass. If the front four get pressure, obviously it makes Stafford less effective. Peppers must be on his A-game and the others must...do something. If the O-Line continues its streak of great play and Forte does what he has been doing, we should be able to win. But it won't surprise me if we have an off game either. If we want the 5th seed, this game is an important game (And I'd rather be 6-3 and tied with Detroit, than 5-4 and basically 3 whole games behind Detroit).

B18

Fresh Legs
Liked Posts:
Bears will win this one. If best is out again they will just have to focus on the pass game and it will be a simple win, i hope.

ZAN

Liked Posts:
Bears beat themselves in Detroit...not happening in Chicago.

MSOADE54

I ****ing love this chick
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed with everyone else, Bears pretty much beat themselves last time in Detroit, time to pad that record against the overrated Lions. There running game won't do well against us what so ever, I also see the Bears giving Matt Forte the main bulk of the carries like usual and posts yet another 100+ yard rushing day. Forte will have a big play in the screen game as well as it has worked well in the past. Also Cutler has carved up Detroit every time they have played them. This Detroit team may not be the same as the 07' team but I kinda have a feeling they might fall apart like they did before going down the stretch. They just don't seem legit imo. Their DB's are still terrible.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I just hope everyone but Ditka picks the Lions.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lions. Bears O-Line playing over their heads.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears beat themselves in Detroit...not happening in Chicago.

They got screwed last season out of one here.

So the homers need to stop sipping the kool aid & act like the Lions can't beat the Bears here.

Last edited:

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
#Bears

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
LOLions win 27-14

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

So the homers need to stop sipping the kool aid & act like the Lions can't beat the Bears here.

yup...b/c wins over the falcons, bucs and eagles is weak...

Dude, y u hate?

MSOADE54

I ****ing love this chick
Donator
Liked Posts:

lol Didn't know till recently that you were a fan of 31 NFL teams. Obviously not a Bears fan. Still shouldn't effect why the Bears aren't favored, I say Bears win with the Bears getting 31-35 points.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets

LOL at the meatball calling people homers.

Not being completely objective 24/7 doesn't make someone a homer, brah.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm rooting for the Bears!

Bears 27, Detroit 20

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
And Cutler didnt play poorly against Detroit either. Matt Forte still ran the ball on Detroit, issues were penalties, protection issues and then the defense giving up huge plays. Detroit also should still have no run game, so it will be all pass pass pass. If the front four get pressure, obviously it makes Stafford less effective. Peppers must be on his A-game and the others must...do something. If the O-Line continues its streak of great play and Forte does what he has been doing, we should be able to win. But it won't surprise me if we have an off game either. If we want the 5th seed, this game is an important game (And I'd rather be 6-3 and tied with Detroit, than 5-4 and basically 3 whole games behind Detroit).

Without reading the rest of the thread, i think this is basically spot on.

Cutler always plays great vs the Lions. Forte did run well and the OL wasnt as good then. Agree, the penalties were killer. As a side note(and admitted i havent really read this forum that much since the game) but the Bears OL didnt commit any penalties vs the Eagles did they? Maybe they had 1 or at most 2 but only offensive penalties i remember were the push off on Earl and the 12 men on the field. But being at home im sure their wont be 3 false starts on every offensive drive. The crowd is behind us.

The OL is improved but on top of that, the backs and TE are helping which they really werent vs the Lions. Luckily Jays awareness was epic that game. I think the return of Bennett, rushing by Forte and improvement of the OL will only make Jay that more confident in himself and the players around him. The offense could possibly have a really big game. If anyone forgot how well Bennett played last year vs the Lions, check out the highlights.

Defensively this should be an easier task(but still tough). Jahvid Best was the difference the last time they played. Those two huge runs were killer. One changed the momentum of the game, the other put the nail in the Bears coffin. They dont have that home run hitter RB on the depth chart anymore. They become one dimensional. Put Stafford in 3rd and long and hopefully the DL gets to him. Johnson will get his, you just have to limit him.

Bears should have won last time around. Lions got a few huge plays going which shouldnt have happened in this defense. X-Factors are safeties, Izzy and one DT. Need these guys to be frequent contributors to go with Peppers, Briggs and Url.

Winner of this game 100% makes the playoffs. Biggest game of the year. Must win.
:martz:

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Every time people proclaim somebody doesnt have a running game, that team seems to fucking rape a team on the ground. Neither team has any distinct advantage and it can go either way. With the improved OL, Fortes raping of defenses, we have a great chance to win this. But its a must win if we hope for anything this year.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

It was a bad rule, but it was a legitimate victory.

Nobody on Earth believes that the Lions can't beat the Bears so your point is moot.

The Lions aren't exactly the class of the NFL either.