Official Chicago Bears (5-3) vs Detroit Lions (6-2) Week 10 Game Thread

Who wins?

• Total voters

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The Lions should have had that TD last year but there was still time on the clock for the Bears to get into FG range. Considering how many yards our offense put up that game, i see no reason why they couldnt have come back. They also had 2 time outs(i think).

The Lions should have never even been in that game. We basically gave that game away early with the red zone fumbles.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The Lions should have had that TD last year but there was still time on the clock for the Bears to get into FG range. Considering how many yards our offense put up that game, i see no reason why they couldnt have come back. They also had 2 time outs(i think).

The Lions should have never even been in that game. We basically gave that game away early with the red zone fumbles.

Well looking at that game...

-Opening drive we drove to the 1 yard line, couldn't punch it in, settled for 3
-Next drive Cutler threw an interception; Detroit scored on their following drive
-Olsen fumbled at the DET 12 on the next drive
-A 3 and out
-Forte fumbled in Detroit territory; Detroit scored on the next drive making it 14-3
-Cutler threw an 89 yard screen pass to Forte; Stafford got sacked and fumbled and got knocked out of the game; Bears kick field goal make it 14-13
-A whole lot of nothing happened in the 3rd quarter, Cutler fumbled, Tillman intercepted it back, we failed to captalize on any turnovers.
-Shaun Hill fumbles at the DET 1 yard line, Briggs recovers it, Bears try 4 times to get into the end zone, and fail, Detroit gets the ball back at the 1 yard line.
-After a couple of more 3 and outs, the Bears finally put together a drive and score to take the lead 19-14, the two point conversion fails.

So in reality, we should have been able to put up many more points but the execution was awful in that game.

If Johnson's TD reception had counted, we would have 31 seconds and two timeouts to do something with it. So it was still possible to win that game.

MSOADE54

I ****ing love this chick
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well looking at that game...

-Opening drive we drove to the 1 yard line, couldn't punch it in, settled for 3
-Next drive Cutler threw an interception; Detroit scored on their following drive
-Olsen fumbled at the DET 12 on the next drive
-A 3 and out
-Forte fumbled in Detroit territory; Detroit scored on the next drive making it 14-3
-Cutler threw an 89 yard screen pass to Forte; Stafford got sacked and fumbled and got knocked out of the game; Bears kick field goal make it 14-13
-A whole lot of nothing happened in the 3rd quarter, Cutler fumbled, Tillman intercepted it back, we failed to captalize on any turnovers.
-Shaun Hill fumbles at the DET 1 yard line, Briggs recovers it, Bears try 4 times to get into the end zone, and fail, Detroit gets the ball back at the 1 yard line.
-After a couple of more 3 and outs, the Bears finally put together a drive and score to take the lead 19-14, the two point conversion fails.

So in reality, we should have been able to put up many more points but the execution was awful in that game.

If Johnson's TD reception had counted, we would have 31 seconds and two timeouts to do something with it. So it was still possible to win that game.
Add in the fact that our kicker is good as Gould. I think that we would have won the game any ways BUT does any one remember back in like 2004 when Berrian CLEARLY had the TD but they called it back? What about the fake on 4th down against NO in Chicago in 2008? Peterson CLEARLY had the catch but they called it back for some unknown reason. This has happened to us before so making it seem like Detroit deserved that game is insane.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Add in the fact that our kicker is good as Gould. I think that we would have won the game any ways BUT does any one remember back in like 2004 when Berrian CLEARLY had the TD but they called it back? What about the fake on 4th down against NO in Chicago in 2008? Peterson CLEARLY had the catch but they called it back for some unknown reason. This has happened to us before so making it seem like Detroit deserved that game is insane.

If your talking about the fake punt by Maynard to Adrian(Greatest collegefootball run not for a touchdown) Peterson that was ruled incomplete. It was because he didn't possess the ball going to the ground during the proccess of the catch. This was a case of it also being used right but it was even less known at that point to the fans. Detroit doesn't think the shoe fits on the other side though.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Must win game. We have to tie for 2nd in the division this Sunday.

MSOADE54

Donator
Liked Posts:
^ We have the opportunity to go on a nasty streak like last year. I think we win though... just don't see why not. We can and should sweep the AFC West. The Seahawks don't seem to be much of a threat and I don't get why people think that the Packers are invincible. We can beat them as much as people don't like to admit it. We are one of the few teams that give the Fudge Packers problems. I say we can beat them and the Vikings, it depends if we are able to keep us from a shit load of false starts.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
They got screwed last season out of one here.

So the homers need to stop sipping the kool aid & act like the Lions can't beat the Bears here.

They also lost at home to Chicago last year. Payback time on Sunday for the Bears.

I guess I forgot the Lions are an all-star team. May as well crown their asses right now then. :rolleyes:

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
:dennis:

RPrevidi

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Big game. But that's already stated in here. I think the Bears can win, but it's going to be tough. We must get pressure on Stafford. Unlike last game in Detroit. We had one sack on Stafford, and let him have plenty of time to find the open receiver. That cant happen.

As much as everyone might think our offense is the key to the game, I really believe our defense has to show up and play very well.

MSOADE54

Donator
Liked Posts:
OK, so I was checking out the expert picks because I just knew everyone was going to pick against us yet again...

At first, I came across the NFL Playbook video and I was for the most part right... I then posted my own opinion of the game and the experts in comments...

NFL Videos: Playbook: Lions vs. Bears

Then I check out what the ESPN experts had to say and I was fucking stunned...

NFL Picks and Predictions for Week 10 - National Football League - ESPN

The Bears WILL win this game.

They have never really picked the Bears to win like this, not even when we played the Lions that were win less.... ESPN can't be serious, they must be bluffing imo. I really really really don't believe it.

RPrevidi

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They have never really picked the Bears to win like this, not even when we played the Lions that were win less.... ESPN can't be serious, they must be bluffing imo. I really really really don't believe it.

Ya... completely blew me away. Is it their attempt to jinx us? It's some kind of conspiracy orchestrated by Schlereth I just know it.

MSOADE54

Donator
Liked Posts:
Ya... completely blew me away. Is it their attempt to jinx us? It's some kind of conspiracy orchestrated by Schlereth I just know it.

Or Jawarski..... or Dilfer

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
No one should sleep on the Lions in this game. They have an extremely talented defense that leads the league in takeaways, but I think the Bears win this. The Lions have had a cake walk of a schedule thus far. I believe they'll struggle in the 2nd half of the season, facing us, the Saints, & then the Pack twice.

MSOADE54

Donator
Liked Posts:
No one should sleep on the Lions in this game. They have an extremely talented defense that leads the league in takeaways, but I think the Bears win this. The Lions have had a cake walk of a schedule thus far. I believe they'll struggle in the 2nd half of the season, facing us, the Saints, & then the Pack twice.

I don't think any one is sleeping on those Detroit Kitties.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thats because Ditka made em look like idiots when everyone but him picked the Eagles :D

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lions. Bears O-Line playing over their heads.

They got screwed last season out of one here.

So the homers need to stop sipping the kool aid & act like the Lions can't beat the Bears here.

Seriously though, are we ever allowed to root for our team(s), or does that automatically make us homers? Better yet, do you ever root for the teams you supposedly like?

I guess I'm just trying to get the rules straight. :dunno:

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Without reading the rest of the thread, i think this is basically spot on.

Cutler always plays great vs the Lions. Forte did run well and the OL wasnt as good then. Agree, the penalties were killer. As a side note(and admitted i havent really read this forum that much since the game) but the Bears OL didnt commit any penalties vs the Eagles did they? Maybe they had 1 or at most 2 but only offensive penalties i remember were the push off on Earl and the 12 men on the field. But being at home im sure their wont be 3 false starts on every offensive drive. The crowd is behind us.

The OL is improved but on top of that, the backs and TE are helping which they really werent vs the Lions. Luckily Jays awareness was epic that game. I think the return of Bennett, rushing by Forte and improvement of the OL will only make Jay that more confident in himself and the players around him. The offense could possibly have a really big game. If anyone forgot how well Bennett played last year vs the Lions, check out the highlights.

Defensively this should be an easier task(but still tough). Jahvid Best was the difference the last time they played. Those two huge runs were killer. One changed the momentum of the game, the other put the nail in the Bears coffin. They dont have that home run hitter RB on the depth chart anymore. They become one dimensional. Put Stafford in 3rd and long and hopefully the DL gets to him. Johnson will get his, you just have to limit him.

Bears should have won last time around. Lions got a few huge plays going which shouldnt have happened in this defense. X-Factors are safeties, Izzy and one DT. Need these guys to be frequent contributors to go with Peppers, Briggs and Url.

Winner of this game 100% makes the playoffs. Biggest game of the year. Must win.
:martz:

:yeah:

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
lol...doesn't matter what all the espn "experts" say...every single damn one of this is currently 0-1 on the week.