Sacks
7037.jpg

Israel Idonije
7 Sacks

Interceptions
12429.jpg

DJ Moore
4 Interceptions, 1 Returned Touchdown

Fun Fact: The Bears are 7-0 when the defense gives up less than 100 yards rushing. 1-3 when they give up more than 100 yards rushing.​

Watch the game online!
www.atdhe.net/30001/watch-chicago-bears-vs-detroit-lions

This should work around kickoff, or very shortly after.

CHI CITY SPORTS l #1 Chicago Sports Fan Message Board - Forum Rules register if you're a guest and dont have an account to post with!

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Update: Shaun Hill's season in jeopardy
We're starting to get some clarity on the Detroit Lions' quarterback situation, courtesy of Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press.

According to Birkett, Shaun Hill could miss the rest of the season because of a broken right index finger. He almost certainly won't start Sunday against the Chicago Bears, meaning No. 3 quarterback Drew Stanton will get his second career start.

Hill apparently suffered the injury during the Lions' 45-24 Thanksgiving Day loss to the New England Patriots. The team reconvened for practice Tuesday, but Stanton took all of the first-team repetitions. Coach Jim Schwartz would not discuss the injury with reporters.

Stanton's backup Sunday is likely to be rookie Zac Robinson, whom the Lions claimed on waivers three weeks ago.

NFC North Blog - ESPN

Bears may luck out again lol.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Lions fans are giving this up as a win already. Apparently they are too keen on the skills of Drew Stanton and are surprised at how he's managed to keep a roster spot for so many years.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah we lucked out because we didnt face the always awesome, clutch and game winning Shawn Hill. LMFAO! We have an elite defense, Hill wasnt going to win this game for them. This just further puts the nail in the Detroit Lion coffin. Hill wont stop our offense from scoring against a horrid Det defense. He wont stop our special teams. It doesnt fn matter.

If Frank Omiyale went down with an injury, the other team isnt lucking out. Fn comical

I'll take that luck and laugh st the end of the night when the Bears are 9-3 and the Lions are picking in the top 5 yet again.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Lion fans are just like every other team we play...They can't believe we're 8-3 and are very beatable. Some at ESPN thought Thigpen was the seconding coming of Tom Brady/Tony Romo...One of my co-workers thought Thigpen would decimate the Bears D...look at how that turned out for them...I see something similar happening if people start making these predictions with the Bears..though I have yet to see much talk on this game (Probably because its the Lions). I honestly expect most ESPN analyst to pick the Bears this week, and would be shocked if anyone at all picked the Lions.

Dr. KickurButkus

Liked Posts:
I really don't want to bring this up, but this could be a potential trap game for the Bears. The Lions do still have some talent and no doubt want revenge for the "no catch" game earlier in the season. No doubt Megatron will be out for blood and the Bears have the temptation to be looking forward to the matchup with the Pats next week. With all that being said at least for the last three weeks this Bears team is completely different from earlier this season.

Please Mad Mike...Please...run the ball and have balance. And please don't let Jay drop seven steps back otherwise Kong Sue may break him in half.

IronMike

Liked Posts:
The Lions are a good team. I feel bad for Lions fans. Stafford and Hill seem to be pretty good QB's but there's a revolving door on IR for them. I was more confident that the Bears could beat the Eagles than I am about this game. Definitely a trap game if there ever was one and the Lions did beat the Bears once this season already.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Wow. That's actually pretty frickin' horrible...

Thats a usual Bears offense. Games like the one against New York and the one against Carolina really harmed our passing numbers...rushing numbers have been awful in several games this year..and until this past week..we didnt put up more than 27 points in a game.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The Lions are a good team. I feel bad for Lions fans. Stafford and Hill seem to be pretty good QB's but there's a revolving door on IR for them. I was more confident that the Bears could beat the Eagles than I am about this game. Definitely a trap game if there ever was one and the Lions did beat the Bears once this season already.

They did? I recall the Bears winning that game 20-14.

Reactions: Pre

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Nate Burleson guarantees the Lions win this weekend over the Bears. lmao

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They should've beaten us here. Don't take the Kitties lightly.

IronMike

Liked Posts:
They did? I recall the Bears winning that game 20-14.

That was a catch in the endzone there's no denying it. Worst call of the season and the rule is going to change because of it. He placed the ball on the ground to celebrate. Hey, I'll take the W if it means winning the division but I'm not proud of it.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
I have a bad feeling about this game.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Im sick of seeing how they should have beaten us. We put up about 450 yards of offense and they didnt even hit 200. Forte and Olsen had dumb fumbles that resulted in TDs instead of Bears points. Their offense only got 20 yards rushing. 20 YARDS RUSHING! We won the TOP battle too. This game never should have been the Lions and like ive mentioned a million times, with 24 seconds, 2 or 3 time outs left and great STs, i would fully expect us to get into FG range and win. No doubt in my mind. They are using a 3rd string QB, RB and their defense completely sucks and is beat up. The Bears will win.

IronMike

Liked Posts:
You really don't think the Bears would have gotten into FG range in 23 seconds do you? At the time they couldn't convert a 3rd down to save their lives. Nope Lions scored a TD and won that game. The refs gave it to the Bears.

They won every other game fair and square though so at worst the Bears would be tied with the Packers right now and have 1 divisional loss.

Regardless the Bears can really only afford to lose 2 games at most for the rest of the season. I think they can win them all if they keep playing the way they have. They improve every week.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You really don't think the Bears would have gotten into FG range in 23 seconds do you? At the time they couldn't convert a 3rd down to save their lives. Nope Lions scored a TD and won that game. The refs gave it to the Bears.

They won every other game fair and square though so at worst the Bears would be tied with the Packers right now and have 1 divisional loss.

Regardless the Bears can really only afford to lose 2 games at most for the rest of the season. I think they can win them all if they keep playing the way they have. They improve every week.

Considering they racked up over 450 yards on offense and had a third down conversion rate of 42%, yes i do believe that. When the Bears are playing with the lead, they really struggle converting. If Detroit takes that lead back, i honestly believe the come back with a FG.

That last drive the Bears convered a critical 3rd and 2 and ended that drive with a TD. Again,i have no reason to believe that a team that actually dominated the detroit defense couldnt gain 30-40 yards in almost 30 seconds with 2TOs.

IronMike

Liked Posts:
Wait, there wasn't any time left after that catch was there?

Status
Not open for further replies.