Official Chicago Bears (8-3) @ Detroit Lions (2-9) Week 13 Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Week 13 Bears vs Lions, The Motor City Bear Trap | Chi City Sports l Chicago Sports News - Blog - Message Board - Fans - Rumors

Preview vs the Lions. Seems very much like a trap game. We're riding high....but then again...it's Stanton lol

Peppers was going for the strip on the youtube article link. That's why I bitched the other day about the new rules. It isn't the first time I've seen Peppers step off the gas this year, he could have knocked that ball loose and leveled Stafford.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Bears RBs Taylor, Bell separated at practice
December 3, 2010 12:21 AM
By Brad Biggs

The last time the Bears had running backs fighting in practice, at least that we know of, they reached the Super Bowl.

Four years later, the team has running backs going at it again. Chester Taylor and Kahlil Bell had to be separated during practice Thursday afternoon in the Walter Payton Center. The situation was resolved before it escalated, according to a source, who said there was a suspicion something had been brewing between the two. Practice quickly resumed.

Taylor and Bell were teammates when Bell was an undrafted free agent with the Minnesota Vikings. Bell has been inactive for the first 11 games.
Coach Lovie Smith did not mention the fight in his post-practice press conference, but did say the team has "had two good practices" inside this week.

The last reported dueling running backs was 2006 when starter Thomas Jones and first-round draft pick Cedric Benson co-existed if not so peacefully. In one instance, Jones punched Benson in the head during practice. After the Bears reached Super Bowl XLI, Jones was traded to the New York Jets to clear the deck for Benson.

Taylor, who is making $7 million of the $12.5 million, four-year contract he signed this season, carried the ball six times for minus-three yards in Sunday's win over the Philadelphia Eagles. He's rushed 38 times for 53 yards and one touchdown in the four-game winning streak. On the season, the veteran has run for 213 yards.

Taylor is a hard-nosed competitor with a history of run-ins with teammates.

He fought defensive end Erasmus James with the Vikings in 2007, a melee that required left tackle Bryant McKinnie to get stitches following some collateral damage. Taylor also reportedly threw a chair at offensive tackle Orlando Brown when they were with the Baltimore Ravens. He doesn't appear to have any fear of teammates larger than him.
Bears RBs Taylor, Bell separated at practice - Chicago Breaking Sports

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Da Bears win

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Pisa Tinoisamoa out vs. Lions

LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- Chicago Bears strongside linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa will miss Sunday's game in Detroit against the Lions.

Hampered by recurring soreness in his right knee -- a byproduct of two significant injuries in the same area last year -- Tinoisamoa missed practice on Wednesday, was limited Thursday and not on the field Friday.

Bears coach Lovie Smith expressed concern Thursday about the linebacker's availability in the minutes following the club's indoor workout at the Walter Payton Center. The club practiced indoors on Wednesday and Thursday before heading outside for the final day of preparation.

"Whenever you have a guy who isn't able to practice on Thursday, there's some concern," Smith said.

Nick Roach, a fourth-year veteran, will start in place of Tinoisamoa. Roach started during Chicago's win over the Miami Dolphins on Nov. 18, and contributed one tackle.

Roach and Tinoisamoa were embroiled in a hotly contested battle for the starting job during training camp, but a minor knee surgery in August knocked Roach out of the running.

Tinoisamoa, meanwhile, has also been a victim of various knee injuries. An eighth-year veteran, Tinoisamoa played in just two games last season -- his first with the Bears -- before going on injured reserve on Dec. 1 because of knee problems.

Chicago Bears linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa out against the Detroit Lions - ESPN Chicago

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Can't wait until Sunday to see them drop a giant L on their heads.

corkylatour

Liked Posts:
I love the die hard fans...I do agree with one post we have to start establishing a running game...We can't have Cutler running for first downs granted he shows the guts of a true Bear we can't afford to see him get hurt...I watched the Detroit game last week they were holding their own and they have a debt to settle with "Da Bears" they were not happy with the end result of our last meeting...We have to score fast and score often...keep their offense of the field. With all that said I am pretty sure we will be 9-3 at the end of the day on Sunday

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chester Taylor needs to be more effective today.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Chester Taylor needs to be more effective today.

Aint that the truth. I like him on screen plays but thats about it. He needs a good OL to run. I like Taylor and all but the guy is a waste of money. I know its an uncapped year but they paid up for a guy whos a lesser version of what we already had and he really hasnt been used to much. I would have liked to see more Bell this year. I also cant wait to see Harvey Unga next year on short yardage situations... Speaking of wasting money, they could have not signed Taylor and Brandon Manulearnhowtoblockuna and used that money on a olineman.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Bears - 27, Lions - 17

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
39 hours to go!

I think I might bring my laptop to the bar to track fantasy football, jump in the game thread with ya this week. :clap:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
this is going to be a good game. im stoked!

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets

mmmbacon

Liked Posts:
I absolutely love the way the Bears have been playing lately. It's starting to become more of a trend than a fluke. Jay Cutler finally decided to play within himself (knock on wood) and Forte has been given a nice dose of touches to balance out the O. As far as the defense goes, there are no complaints. It really does remind me of the '06 team, with a little more fire on offense but less in the ST, but not far from it.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Post stream links when you find a good one fellas!

MRN

MRNeverwearthesamething
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can't wait for kickoff. We need a blowout win to show that we are legit. Also everyone remember to sign up for the free donator status raffle. It ends as soon as the game is over.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Inactives:
Chicago at Detroit

Bears: QB Caleb Hanie, CB Joshua Moore, RB Kahlil Bell, LB Pisa Tinoisamoa, OL Edwin Williams, TE Desmond Clark, DE Barry Turner, DE Corey Wootton

Lions: QB Matthew Stafford, QB Shaun Hill, CB Tye Hill, T Jason Fox, DE Willie Young, WR Bryant Johnson, DE Kyle Vanden Bosch

Status
Not open for further replies.