Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Scoot is correct, plus 2 time outs.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Megatron had a TD robbed from him. Don't be silly.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
He robbed himself by trying to celebrate

Cover3

wat
Liked Posts:
Lion fans are just like every other team we play...They can't believe we're 8-3 and are very beatable. Some at ESPN thought Thigpen was the seconding coming of Tom Brady/Tony Romo...One of my co-workers thought Thigpen would decimate the Bears D...look at how that turned out for them...I see something similar happening if people start making these predictions with the Bears..though I have yet to see much talk on this game (Probably because its the Lions). I honestly expect most ESPN analyst to pick the Bears this week, and would be shocked if anyone at all picked the Lions.

Vick? lol

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils

No.

Is it a catch by normal football standards? Yes. Is it a catch by NFL Rule Standards? No.

It's a dumb rule...however by RULE....he did not complete the catch. The most you can do is FOLLOW the rules.

Cover3

wat
Liked Posts:
That was a catch in the endzone there's no denying it. Worst call of the season and the rule is going to change because of it. He placed the ball on the ground to celebrate. Hey, I'll take the W if it means winning the division but I'm not proud of it.

point taken.. I just don't understand your logic that because they've ''beaten'' us in the first game of the season they should win this one too.. especially considering the fact that the team has grown so much since, and that the D is playing at an elite level, sure it could be a trap game, but stating that it's a sure win for them is just plain ridiculous imo.

IronMike

Liked Posts:
I'm not saying they're gonna win. Of course I think the Bears can beat the Lions but as was already mentioned the Lions are a dangerous team if you start looking past them. They're like a wounded animal and wounded lions are the friggen worst. If you spent any time in Africa you'd know this.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

That doesn't mean they would have won. The bears lost with 11 seconds on the clock against the falcons in 08. I'm sorry but 24 seconds is too much time for me count out the bears against the lions. The bears actually had one of the top offenses the first couple weeks of the season.

Cover3

wat
Liked Posts:
I'm not saying they're gonna win. Of course I think the Bears can beat the Lions but as was already mentioned the Lions are a dangerous team if you start looking past them. They're like a wounded animal and wounded lions are the friggen worst. If you spent any time in Africa you'd know this.

things to do:

*go back in the 80's to see how walter payton is so much better than forte
*go to africa to see how wounded lions are so dangerous

It would be a huge mistake to look past them indeed, but who is really?.. in addition to this, if the defense can't contain shaun hill, it'd be an utter embarrassment, let alone if they lose the game.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
You really don't think the Bears would have gotten into FG range in 23 seconds do you? At the time they couldn't convert a 3rd down to save their lives. Nope Lions scored a TD and won that game. The refs gave it to the Bears.

The Lions couldn't convert a 1st down most of that second half until that final drive... when you have to throw the ball downfield in a hurry in a 2 minute offense and the teams opposing are playing off you can make some plays from time to time.

Not to mention the Lions were going to have to kick off to a dangerous return team... who's to say they couldn't do something like Atlanta and run the ball up near the 40-50. Get a quick play or 2 of 20 yards. Had time outs so the middle was open, and were able to have Robbie Gould kick a field goal.

The Lions didn't win nor did the Ref's cost them the game or hand it to the Bears. The Lions also had 23 seconds, and it was only 3rd and 10 where they could of tried to make a play to get the 1st down and try that but failed with 2 quick endzone strikes.

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
That was a catch in the endzone there's no denying it. Worst call of the season and the rule is going to change because of it. He placed the ball on the ground to celebrate. Hey, I'll take the W if it means winning the division but I'm not proud of it.

I don't know how to tell you this or if you will even understand what I am about to say. A win is win doesn't matter how you get it, it is still a damn win and rules are rules and that is why we have them.

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
things to do:
It would be a huge mistake to look past them indeed, but who is really?.. in addition to this, if the defense can't contain shaun hill, it'd be an utter embarrassment, let alone if they lose the game.

Wait ... What?!

I thought Hill was out with a broken finger and Stanton would be starting. Has that changed?

If Hill was starting and his finger wasn't broken, this could be a trap game. But the Bears have had good luck with 3rd string QBs.

IronMike

Liked Posts:
I don't know how to tell you this or if you will even understand what I am about to say. A win is win doesn't matter how you get it, it is still a damn win and rules are rules and that is why we have them.

I hear ya. But that is a completely asinine rule that won't exist next season. If he hadn't placed the ball on the ground the Lions win.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I hear ya. But that is a completely asinine rule that won't exist next season. If he hadn't placed the ball on the ground the Lions win.

Not asinine rule which wont be switched at all because it is a good solid LOGICAL rule that takes JUDGMENT out of the equation.

It's people judgment that it's common sense and a catch because how they perceive the rules.

The only changes they could make are going to help the offense which is ridiculous to do further.. If the rule had been made what fans call a catch, just two feet and control at that moment regardless of process when your in the endzone, Greg Olsen would of had like 5 more undeserving TDs in his career because defenders popped out passes from him a second or so after the catch. Going to the ground is the same and a rule that ought to be enforced as effective as it was.

This rule has exist 7 years and this isn't the first time fans have whined about it not being understood over key plays in games. Even the teams who's owners are heads in the commission committee like the Colts didn't demand rule changes when issues happened to them in the past years on this rule.

There is no guarantee the Lions would of won that game... No denying the Bears had 2 time outs and an elite special teams unit or the help of their speedy players to get in one of the most accurate kickers currently, Robbie Gould's, field goal range.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Luck favors the better prepared. After all, all luck is, is how you handle adversity.

Status
Not open for further replies.