***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That’s where I’m hoping it’s different from last year.
They have a few guys who can play the position if he flakes out. So hopefully it’s a different scenario than last year. That being said…. With his salary he obviously will get every chance to justify it.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Why? There’s actual tweets of Amigadije in game rooting for the Bears. I may be wrong but I think TJ grew up a Bears fan.
I always enjoy when George Kittle points out that he still loves the bears. Can't wait until he's washed up and signs with the bears for a year or two. The meatballs will love it

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Watched the CHGO podcast yesterday and seen someone in here giving a shout out to CCS and saying BlackRainbow sucked. They had no idea what you were talking about but I did! Also seen you gave $100 to their cause, I watch them most days it’s always insightful and entertaining.
@DC

Reactions: DC

napo55

Liked Posts:
I always enjoy when George Kittle points out that he still loves the bears. Can't wait until he's washed up and signs with the bears for a year or two. The meatballs will love it
Interesting Bears connection with Kittle is that he was picked in the 5th round of the 2017 draft. The Bears could have had him but chose to draft TE Adam Shaheen in the 2nd round.

Just goes to show the importance of scouting and making key picks in later rounds. Most teams manage to do ok in the early rounds, but the really good teams find gems in the later rounds. Remember, Richard Dent was picked in the 8th round and you could argue the 85 Bears would not have been the same team without their defensive MVP..

So the real test of a GM, including Ryan Poles, will be whether he can jump ahead of the opposition by acing the draft in the mid and later rounds. Stay tuned... .

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watched the CHGO podcast yesterday and seen someone in here giving a shout out to CCS and saying BlackRainbow sucked. They had no idea what you were talking about but I did! Also seen you gave $100 to their cause, I watch them most days it’s always insightful and entertaining.
I do watch it on the regular and felt like I owed them a one time thank you, just like I’ve done on CCS. Happy to donate to @Chief Walking Stick for more Cameo videos though in the future bc he simply does it so much better.

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
No thank you on Edwards becoming expendable. I love TJ and he loves the Bears and being a Bear and he's our best LBer on a great deal.
My guess is the same 3 starting LBers from last season, start this season. Obviously, not a bold prediction. It's just that the 3 of them did well together. Particularly in the 2nd half of last season. I'm thinking that's going to carry over into this season.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Interesting Bears connection with Kittle is that he was picked in the 5th round of the 2017 draft. The Bears could have had him but chose to draft TE Adam Shaheen in the 2nd round.

Just goes to show the importance of scouting and making key picks in later rounds. Most teams manage to do ok in the early rounds, but the really good teams find gems in the later rounds. Remember, Richard Dent was picked in the 8th round and you could argue the 85 Bears would not have been the same team without their defensive MVP..

So the real test of a GM, including Ryan Poles, will be whether he can jump ahead of the opposition by acing the draft in the mid and later rounds. Stay tuned... .
Crossing fingers...............Tory Taylor, Austin Booker.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

I’m getting excited!
I fucking love DJ. He seems like such a likeable goofball. Allen still looks like a fucking stud in his 30s.

Also Hard Knocks (love it or hate it) should make for some interesting conversations around here. So you all can stop talking about fish fucking, or whatever you've been on about for the last few months.