Official Chicago Cubs Gameday Thread

EnjoyYourTiger

That weird bear thing.
Donator
Liked Posts:
that makes sense.
hendry has, what, two more days to get rid of lilly? that is before all the wavers come into play, right? so, my bet is that if we don't hear anything definite today, lilly, like everyone else we need to get rid of, will remain cubs.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
that makes sense.
hendry has, what, two more days to get rid of lilly? that is before all the wavers come into play, right? so, my bet is that if we don't hear anything definite today, lilly, like everyone else we need to get rid of, will remain cubs.

Right now, I say Lilly will be the only one traded. But, JH will talk the trade all the way until the deadline.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Nady will be gone too IMO. Hopefully Kosuke too, but that's unlikely.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Someone will see the upside IMO. He has proven he can be a really good player, he just needs more than 1 AB per Month, lol

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Someone will see the upside IMO. He has proven he can be a really good player, he just needs more than 1 AB per Month, lol

That's what I'm hoping for also. Because, I think if he plays on a daily basis (3-4 starts a week), his stats will improve big time and he will go back to his old form.

EnjoyYourTiger

That weird bear thing.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I haven't seen much Nady rumors as of lately.

lee has proven he's a "pretty good player," but like nady, he (and nady for that matter), are on the downward slope of their careers. sure lee will probably play solid 1B for the remainder of his career, but his bat speed is so down that he couldn't hit a 90 mph fastball with a corked bat. he's just not hitting for power anymore. and this is probably also true of nady, but perhaps like so many other players that killed us on previous teams, they come to the cubs, and suck. but one thing is for sure about nady. he's injury plagued, which is the ticking time bomb of his career.

EDIT: this was supposed to be a response to jntg4. i clicked the wrong link for some odd reason.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Same lineup today as usual.

Piniella will miss Sat, Sun and Mon games to attend Uncles funeral.

JB94

Liked Posts:
Trammel will manage those three games.

It will give us a sample of how he manages since he's one of the possible 2011 Cub manager candidates.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Cashner needs to be a SP. Also, Cashnr has 2 bad starts and it's on this road trip. He will get it back together.

The Cubs need to change signs for todays game. Because, the Rockies new what the Cubs were throwing before it left the pitchers hand. The Cubs pitchers threw good pitches but the Rox were all over it.

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
Yeah cause being a starter will help him tremendously. Even though he has been in the bullpen for 90 percent of his life.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah cause being a starter will help him tremendously. Even though he has been in the bullpen for 90 percent of his life.

I'm assuming that you are being sarcastic.

What does him being in the pen for 90 percent of his life have to do with anything? Honestly, I have no clue where you are going with this. He has starter potential and we would be stupid to not give him an opportunity as a starter. Worse case scenario, he is a studly reliever. But why go with the worse case scenario, you at least have to give the kid a chance.

JB94

Liked Posts:
The thing I worry about is that his max as a starter in the minors was only 100 innings. If they move him back to the rotation now, he's risking injury since he hasn't built up stamina to pitch 150-200 innings in the majors.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hopefully they don't give him the Samardzija treatment.

JB94

Liked Posts:
It brings me joy to look at the lineup and realize that Theriot's not in it, and never will be in it again.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Carlos Gonzalez hits for the cycle.

More impressive is that he hit the 1st pitch out in the 9th for a walk off HR.

JB94

Liked Posts:
Carlos Gonzalez hits for the cycle.

More impressive is that he hit the 1st pitch out in the 9th for a walk off HR.

Last year it was Tulo, this year Gonzalez.

But yeah, that was a bomb. Marshall sucks at Coors.