Official Chicago Cubs General Discussion Version 1.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

IvyPickin87

Sinkin Putts ****in Butts
Donator
Liked Posts:
i dont see pujols in anything but red.

the question is, is fielder obtainable? and is he going to cost 20-25 million?

I actually like fielder more cause of his age, and there is no way pooholes will leave st louis. Prince i think has a better shot of getting to the open market cause mil cant afford him and you know he is going to want to get paid.

IvyPickin87

Sinkin Putts ****in Butts
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Fielder will be traded at the deadline and sign an extension with that team. However, what teams will trade for him? A lot of teams that are going to contend, have a good 1B already.

I didnt think of that, yea i can deff see him being dealt because mil will want to get something out of him... Even if the cubs are not contending next year i hope they make a strong package for him so they have the chance to keep him for next season.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know if this was brought up already, but the Cubs need to trade Kosuke NOW! Quade has said Kosuke is the starting RF over Colvin right now and will be in RF to start '11. Complete BS!

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
I didnt think of that, yea i can deff see him being dealt because mil will want to get something out of him... Even if the cubs are not contending next year i hope they make a strong package for him so they have the chance to keep him for next season.

I thinkt they could, BUT Mil will ask for more from the Cubs, for being a rival. However, if there's no interest in him, they will have to accept the Cubs offer. Because they don't want to lose him for nothing. Like CC (both), etc.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Fielder will be traded at the deadline and sign an extension with that team. However, what teams will trade for him? A lot of teams that are going to contend, have a good 1B already.

big market teams with 1b:

Yankees
Red Sox
White Sox

Teams With money:
Angels...morales to DH
Dodgers: even though the mcourts say otherwise
cubs: will in 2012

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
big market teams with 1b:

Yankees
Red Sox
White Sox

Teams With money:
Angels...morales to DH
Dodgers: even though the mcourts say otherwise
cubs: will in 2012

Yep...

However, isn't Morales a pretty good defender? Also, it all depends what the Angels do this winter and will they have money for 20-25M a year. I'm just saying because they could sign Rafael Soriano to 6M+ a year for 2+ years and Beltre to a big contract. The Dodgers have talked to the Brewers numerous times, but right now, there's no match. And the Cubs...you know...haha.

AddisonStation

YamaHama it's fright nite
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know if this was brought up already, but the Cubs need to trade Kosuke NOW! Quade has said Kosuke is the starting RF over Colvin right now and will be in RF to start '11. Complete BS!

Whats with the hate fest on Fukudome?

Good defense in RF and gets on base.

EDIT: However I probably would not be opposed to a trade....

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Whats with the hate fest on Fukudome?

Good defense in RF and gets on base.

EDIT: However I probably would not be opposed to a trade....

Not much....but I'm in more favor of Colvin starting. I'm fine with Kosuke as a 4th OF, but too expensive.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Cardinals trade SS Brendan Ryan to the M's for RHP Mikael Cleto. Theriot is now officially their starting SS...LOL. Good luck Cardinal fans!!

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
so when are the cubs looking to mod the stadium?

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Kerry Wood is willing to take pay cut to re-join Cubs. Will post a thread later, if no one else does.

Status
Not open for further replies.