Official Cubs Game Thread!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The season is over...these games mean nothing so that's not gonna happen now. I think I read that the Cubs have lost 25 games via their bullpen. Imagine if they had won just 8 of those games... they'd still be in the hunt. Like the old adage says, you can't win playoff spot early but you surely can lose one. Great job, Jed.
I read if they had the best save percentage it would mean 8 more. Significant. But half that would not be enough.

Get an actual star.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The season is not quite over.

The goal now is to finish ahead of the Cards. And I would love for them to be under.500 but they have a series with Colorado left.

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess if Atlanta loses out and the Cubs win out I guess the wild card is still possible?

It's kind of weird watching them play their hearts out because they are not mathematically eliminated, and trying to care about Ws and Ls when what I'd rather see is them flood the roster with all the minor league talent they could get a closer look at before next year (and shut down anyone who needs a jump start on recovering from a nagging injury).