Official Cubs Game Thread!

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
PCA with three outstanding catches and almost a 4th. He just missed robbing a homer earlier in the game.

2-4 at the plate with 2 RBIS.

2.4fWAR

Hitting .284 with a .792 OPS in the second half. He has been one of our best hitters with men on base and RISP.

118 wRC+

Guy is just playing.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
PCA with three outstanding catches and almost a 4th. He just missed robbing a homer earlier in the game.

2-4 at the plate with 2 RBIS.

2.4fWAR

Hitting .284 with a .792 OPS in the second half. He has been one of our best hitters with men on base and RISP.

118 wRC+

Guy is just playing.

I am just glad that he has the learning curve behind him. Bodes well for 2025.

This will most likely end up the biggest heist of Jed's Carrier as a GM/Pres.

To add: I believe that Jed was great at gathering talent. I don't see him as the guy to push them over the hump. That takes a willingness to go outside of budget and that has not been a priority for him

CSF77

Liked Posts:
So doesn’t that mean it would’ve also been a big heist for another GM if the Cubs had traded him like you wanted them too?

Depends on the return.

Javy at the end of his usefulness= heist.

But right now I see him as untouchable. He has settled in and projections are looking like a 4-6 fWAR talent. Cubs would be stupid to trade him at this point.

But at the time that I made that comment he was hitting under .200 and bunting to get on. Now he is up there as a attacker vs a overmatched flounder.

Not the same scenario.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
If anything I see NYY as dangerous in the play offs. LAD I can see getting bounced.

The series vs Phi should be interesting also.

If I had to play the odds I would have to lean on NYY at this point to win it

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Depends on the return.

Javy at the end of his usefulness= heist.

But right now I see him as untouchable. He has settled in and projections are looking like a 4-6 fWAR talent. Cubs would be stupid to trade him at this point.

But at the time that I made that comment he was hitting under .200 and bunting to get on. Now he is up there as a attacker vs a overmatched flounder.

Not the same scenario.
The point is that you made such a ridiculously hasty evaluation less than a half a season into the man’s career when everybody who watches baseball him pegged as a top prospect.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
The point is that you made such a ridiculously hasty evaluation less than a half a season into the man’s career when everybody who watches baseball him pegged as a top prospect.

No I see it as a player that was trying to bunt to get on and outclassed by MLB pitching. He was 50/50 at that point.

There have been many top prospects to crash and burn or become lesser.

Almora was a higher ranked prospect. Profar was the #1 prospect in baseball. Russell #6.

So don't give me this whole too early crap. A prospect busting is the norm. Not the exception.

If you look at the big picture he was more likely to bust.

That is why these 4+ WAR players roll 30+M.

Keep off the Blue Kool ade.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
If anything I see NYY as dangerous in the play offs. LAD I can see getting bounced.

The series vs Phi should be interesting also.

If I had to play the odds I would have to lean on NYY at this point to win it
So you are deciding the WS winner off who played best against the cubs in September out of 3 playoff teams?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
No I see it as a player that was trying to bunt to get on and outclassed by MLB pitching. He was 50/50 at that point.

There have been many top prospects to crash and burn or become lesser.

Almora was a higher ranked prospect. Profar was the #1 prospect in baseball. Russell #6.

So don't give me this whole too early crap. A prospect busting is the norm. Not the exception.

If you look at the big picture he was more likely to bust.

That is why these 4+ WAR players roll 30+M.

Keep off the Blue Kool ade.
maybe just maybe, you should just say you dont have a fucking clue if PCA will be successful or bust. instead, you just roll with what the flavor of the week is and continue to make yourself look like a damn fool

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
maybe just maybe, you should just say you dont have a fucking clue if PCA will be successful or bust. instead, you just roll with what the flavor of the week is and continue to make yourself look like a damn fool
I love the Cub Kool-Aid bit. Most of us post not only here but on the Bears, Bulls, Blackhawks and even the Sox Forums. He posts only here....over 18,000 useless posts and only HERE. Yet he tells other people to lay off the "Blue Kool ade".

BTW, gotta love that spelling.
Is ade even a word?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
So you are deciding the WS winner off who played best against the cubs in September out of 3 playoff teams?

Ya. Cubs were shut down 2 games. LAD was incapable of shutting them down.

Both LAD and NYY have O's that can explode on pitching staffs that are not on point.

Pitching always wins rings and all teams don't suck. So any weakness will be exploited

I see LAD as not having a top tier rotation. NY does and has a O that matches up with them.

Simple as that. The Cubs playing them both and two different results just showcases which team should go further.

The Cubs are pretty close to a play off contender. TBH out of the NL Mil has to be a dark horse. They have played far above what was expected after losing that much talent. I do not consider them a fav because of that fact. But no one can argue against them going further than expected

LAD just feel a bit inflated by their O and their staff has been haphazardly getting buy. That will not float in a series

CSF77

Liked Posts:
If Shaw or Buhler were pitching close to Glass my opinion would be different.

Yoshinobu Yamamoto is a wild card. If he pitches at a high level then it puts them in the discussion.

But 15 starts this year. He has been a small impact to this team to date. Buhler has not been the same guy post injury and pulling a show stopper from him is unlikely. Shaw is just there. He is past his prime

Glass IMO is the best they have and he can be countered by equal level starters. Even Phi has a answer to him. Then #2 starters. Edge to Phi.

After that there is Yamamoto. Phi have 2 starters in Sanchez and Suarez that are trustworthy in a series

So in a series Phi has to have the edge going in

So I'm thinking NYY vs Phi in the series and that should go 7.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Can we just pause a moment from Cubs’ Talk and appreciate the following.

Since 1920 when RBI became an official stat, only one player has achieved each of the following in any game in his entire career:

2+ stolen bases
3+ home runs
5+ extra base hits
6+ hits
10+ RBI

That player is Shohei Ohtani.

Every one of those was achieved on Thursday afternoon.

😳

Last edited:

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Can we just pause a moment from Cubs’ Talk and appreciate the following.

Since 1920 when RBI became an official stat, only one player has achieved each of the following in any game in his entire career:

2+ stolen bases
3+ home runs
5+ extra base hits
6+ hits
10+ RBI

That player is Shohei Ohtani.

Every one of those was achieved on Thursday afternoon.

😳
The GOAT that got away lol

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
counsell is such a soi boi beta....pulls Tailon after 6 innings and 80 pitches with a shutout going and cruising along

Tailon is the guy that can handle the pitch count the most.

impending bullpen blowup incoming....

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
counsell is such a soi boi beta....pulls Tailon after 6 innings and 80 pitches with a shutout going and cruising along

Tailon is the guy that can handle the pitch count the most.

impending bullpen blowup incoming....
The season is over...these games mean nothing so that's not gonna happen now. I think I read that the Cubs have lost 25 games via their bullpen. Imagine if they had won just 8 of those games... they'd still be in the hunt. Like the old adage says, you can't win playoff spot early but you surely can lose one. Great job, Jed.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
If they went 12-13 on those blown lead games they would be at 91 wins.

That is leading the division.

Jed screwed around last off-season dicking around vs getting aggressive early while teams were sitting on Otani.

Think about it. Sign Craig. Then target Hader as there was a connection in place and they had success together. After Stanek was on the board. Neris had a down year but at 9M I doubt Jed targets him after spending big on Hader

Now with the cash going to Hader and Stenek Cody would have been off of the table. The natural decision would have been keeping Tauchman in CF waiting for PCA and leading off and Happ hitting middle of the order. DH would have been the target spot on a 1 year deal and a few were on the market. Like JD Martinez. Or Belt (never signed), Gary Sanchez could have been signed vs the Crew. Gave them a DH and 3rd catcher

But Jed over paid on a set up and trusted a closer that got injured late last season and never looked the same. Then gave into the Cody chants from the fan base and spent the bank on a CF/RF/1B after he traded for a 1B and had 2 top 50 prospects at CF and RF at Iowa

It made no sense and still doesn't.Jes should be fired for making deals based off of puff deals either regarding pulling Hendricks opt on day one even though it would have made more sense to drop it and give him a 1 year at 8M which would have been a fair market deal. Then giving Cody a deal to put asses in the seats vs wins on the board which puts asses in the seats anyways