Official Disc Golf Thread

IvyPickin87

Sinkin Putts ****in Butts
Donator
Liked Posts:
With no work today, and the weather being beautiful for the third day in a row i will be discing all day for the third straight day in late January. This has been the most insane winter but i have loved every minute of it. Anybody else taking advantage?

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With no work today, and the weather being beautiful for the third day in a row i will be discing all day for the third straight day in late January. This has been the most insane winter but i have loved every minute of it. Anybody else taking advantage?

I will.. just not for disc golf.. pretty muddy.

HeavyD

Liked Posts:

Nice dude! I got to go 4 straight days in early January during that little heat wave. To wet on the ground for me to go, courses in my area are all lower ground that still have baskets so i'd come home as a giant mud ball.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just went for the first time this year. A big mud fest. Probably shot +5. Just a bad day.

IvyPickin87

Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice dude! I got to go 4 straight days in early January during that little heat wave. To wet on the ground for me to go, courses in my area are all lower ground that still have baskets so i'd come home as a giant mud ball.

Just went for the first time this year. A big mud fest. Probably shot +5. Just a bad day.

Yea the course was a bit muddy, my score was affected a bit because of it. It was still a blast. We just got 6 inches of snow so i think my winter discing is over. I am just hoping that i can get back out there late March. So i can say that i have gone every single month for a straight year. We got out Feb 1st before the snow so i have a shot!

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Says the content is unavailable.

Looks like I'll have to wait til about March to play again. Snowed here last night, supposed to snow a bit in a few days too. The course needs to dry up, unless I want to carry about 10 towels with me when I play.

IvyPickin87

Donator
Liked Posts:
Says the content is unavailable.

Looks like I'll have to wait til about March to play again. Snowed here last night, supposed to snow a bit in a few days too. The course needs to dry up, unless I want to carry about 10 towels with me when I play.

Sorry it was a video he put on facebook, prolly have to be my friend or his to see it. I have no idea how to switch it over so that it will come up on this site. But people this year should if they want, if they go with someone film some shots and if you have a good one or two post em on here and we can all see them.

It would also be a cool way to check out people's form and the courses they play.

IvyPickin87

Donator
Liked Posts:
I am gonna ask for a new bag for vday from my gf.
fade.tourney.grdn__67257_zoom.jpg

This is the one I want i also am gonna get the backpack style straps. Does anyone have those and if so what kind and do you like them?

fade_disc_golf_bag_crunch_dirt_lrg.jpg

This is the bag I currently have, i love the bag. I just need something that can hold more discs and two drinks at one time. I go out for 36 holes at a time and ill crush my gatorade in 18 holes i want two at a time.

What types of bags do you have? Are you looking to get a bag for the upcoming season?

GocubsGo223

Thy dont taste like applz
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was looking at getting that same bag Ivy. My collection keeps growing, especially since I keep finding discs when I go out. Hopefully I get around to going this week. Its supposed to be 40+ degrees for most of it. FYI if anyone ever makes it to Iowa City, go disc at Turkey Creek or Sugarbottom. Peninsula is a waste of time. More often than not its flooded, and the river runs right next to some of the holes, so if you missthrow, kiss your disc goodbye forever. My favorite course here has to be Turkey Creek though. Good mixture if different styles of holes, and some challenging throws requiring different technique methods. A lot of finesse required.

IvyPickin87

Donator
Liked Posts:
I was looking at getting that same bag Ivy. My collection keeps growing, especially since I keep finding discs when I go out. Hopefully I get around to going this week. Its supposed to be 40+ degrees for most of it. FYI if anyone ever makes it to Iowa City, go disc at Turkey Creek or Sugarbottom. Peninsula is a waste of time. More often than not its flooded, and the river runs right next to some of the holes, so if you missthrow, kiss your disc goodbye forever. My favorite course here has to be Turkey Creek though. Good mixture if different styles of holes, and some challenging throws requiring different technique methods. A lot of finesse required.

I was gonna see if you wanted to buy my brown bag only one season used but, you can tell its been used. Mostly in great condition. At a very reasonable price of 10 bucks. But if you are gonna go get a ballin one like me i totally understand.:smug2:

GocubsGo223

Donator
Liked Posts:
Idk man. We will see when I get back on my birthday. Hopefully its nice out and we can go then. And do some bowling. Speaking of bowling, is there a forum on here for it?

IvyPickin87

Donator
Liked Posts:
Idk man. We will see when I get back on my birthday. Hopefully its nice out and we can go then. And do some bowling. Speaking of bowling, is there a forum on here for it?

Not sure about the bowling thread, but if there isnt you can always make one.

IvyPickin87

Donator
Liked Posts:
So ordered my bag and an X putter last night on ebay, also bid on a Nuke. I have all Aviar putters but my buddy swears by x putters so i thought i would give one a shot. Putting is the weakest part of my game so if i can find something to help it I am gonna give it a chance. I am bidding on a Nuke does anyone have one? I have heard good things about it and have seen a lot of hole in ones with Nukes on youtube.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C5NHUSQN2s]400+ ft. Disc Golf Ace. by Jonny Riegel - YouTube[/ame]

HeavyD

Liked Posts:
What does everyone here use for their main throws?

Backhand drives: star valkyrie (found this bad boy in some grass not even 10 inches high just sitting in plain view. Threw it a couple times and can see why this disc has/had a distance record
Sidearm/tomahawk: discmania dd2 driver. got a 13 speed rating and it FLIES! also use it on a few holes were I need a serious anhyzer (to the left right?) because it comes back so damn much
Mid-range: Buzz is the best midrange out there IMO, throws just like an actual frisbee just heavier. I can usually set em within 10 feet if im 150ft out with this disc.
Putter: Innova Birdie: My putting is by no means strong. Back in the day I used to put with a style I called pitching. Because if you played real golf ever it looked just like a grabbed my pitching wedge outta my bag. I basically just tried to loft them in there and it really didn't work. This thing flies straight, pretty true path as long as I don't fuck up!

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
I only throw Innovas because that's the only brand the record store on my campus sells.

Sidearm/Back hand/Tomahawk- Star Destroyer, blank white. Love this disc, it's better for side arm throws though, which is how I normally throw.

Mid-range- Wolf. This is getting pretty beat up, need to buy a new one. Not sure if I want another Wolf or not, I'm open to suggestions. The Buzz sounds good from HeavyD's post.

Putter- At the moment, nothing. I lost my putter (not on a course, just misplaced it). It was a Dart, pretty good.

IvyPickin87

Donator
Liked Posts:
What does everyone here use for their main throws?

Backhand drives: star valkyrie (found this bad boy in some grass not even 10 inches high just sitting in plain view. Threw it a couple times and can see why this disc has/had a distance record
Sidearm/tomahawk: discmania dd2 driver. got a 13 speed rating and it FLIES! also use it on a few holes were I need a serious anhyzer (to the left right?) because it comes back so damn much
Mid-range: Buzz is the best midrange out there IMO, throws just like an actual frisbee just heavier. I can usually set em within 10 feet if im 150ft out with this disc.
Putter: Innova Birdie: My putting is by no means strong. Back in the day I used to put with a style I called pitching. Because if you played real golf ever it looked just like a grabbed my pitching wedge outta my bag. I basically just tried to loft them in there and it really didn't work. This thing flies straight, pretty true path as long as I don't fuck up!

My List:
Driver: (I dont throw any other styles besides "regular") Most holes i throw my Orc.... Certain holes that require a harder hiser I use my Groove.
Midrange: Buzz by far my favorite disc!
Putter: I have my Champion Aviar, but i just bought a x putter. (My roomate swears by them) So i thought i would give a shot.

GocubsGo223

Donator
Liked Posts:
Backhand: Recently picked up a Star Archon.....love it! Damn near got my first ace with it the other day.

Fareway: Eagle. I don't know how many long 2nd shots I've put in with this disc but its faithful and easy to predict. Ivy has witnessed a few of them.

Mid Range: I throw the Mako. Its pretty steady and holds its hyser well. Also great for throwing straight at the basket.

Putter. I throw the JK Aviar. Grips the chains like a magnet. Very rarely does it bounce out.

IvyPickin87

Donator
Liked Posts:
Went discing today, baaaad day ground was sloppy and i was trying out my new x putter (doink'd a bunch of the top of the basket.) But i had a couple birdies on a few holes i dont hit very often so it was nice and just to get out and play is always good. My buddy went to scheels today bought a new Star Beast and lost it this afternoon. That is a shitty situation, buying a 20 doller disc and losing it three hours later.