Official Disc Golf Thread

HeavyD

Liked Posts:
Went discing today, baaaad day ground was sloppy and i was trying out my new x putter (doink'd a bunch of the top of the basket.) But i had a couple birdies on a few holes i dont hit very often so it was nice and just to get out and play is always good. My buddy went to scheels today bought a new Star Beast and lost it this afternoon. That is a shitty situation, buying a 20 doller disc and losing it three hours later.

Got a buddy of mine to give in and go Frolfing today as well. prolly going again in about 12 hours. The course was pretty muddy in places but what do i care? its 40+ fucking degrees in February and I'm addicted to this damn game!

HeavyD

Liked Posts:
4 rounds played today with a buddy, went 3-0 after losing the first round to him. Was a rough day but shot a couple rounds of -3 which is something I usually average in the middle of the summer.

IvyPickin87

Sinkin Putts ****in Butts
Donator
Liked Posts:
4 rounds played today with a buddy, went 3-0 after losing the first round to him. Was a rough day but shot a couple rounds of -3 which is something I usually average in the middle of the summer.

No complaints when ya can go in Feb... I didnt get out today the weather didnt allow it and i doubt ill be able to tomorrow either but maybe wens I am hoping so. I hope by Wens i will have my sweet new bag.

GocubsGo223

Thy dont taste like applz
Donator
Liked Posts:
Unfortunately work and school have kept me off the course. Hoping to get out this weekend back home if the weather permits.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I gotta get some of this shit going ASAP.

GocubsGo223

Donator
Liked Posts:
well its snowing here in IC, so Ivy, I'm assuming its snowing or already snowed in DSM. Hopefully its nice tomorrow or saturday....maybe even sunday. Cause I want to play Grandview again. And maybe Ewing

IvyPickin87

Donator
Liked Posts:
well its snowing here in IC, so Ivy, I'm assuming its snowing or already snowed in DSM. Hopefully its nice tomorrow or saturday....maybe even sunday. Cause I want to play Grandview again. And maybe Ewing

Its gonna be more of the same tomorrow here snowy and rain mix. Our best shot would be sunday but dont hold your breath. Talks of 2-5 inches of the white. Maybe we will get out.

IvyPickin87

Donator
Liked Posts:
Got my new straps for my bag. Love em, so much more comfortable then the one strap. I also got out and tried my Nuke, like most discs it takes a little getting used to. But there were a couple throws that were beauties. I can see myself really liking the disc in the future.

dga_disc_golf_gel_strapz_diagram640x480.jpg

These are the straps i bought. If you are considering going to the backpack style I recommend these highly.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you guys customize your discs with any decals or stickers? My Star Destroyer is blank white and wanted to put something on it but didn't know if you could just put any sticker on there or do you have to get a certain kind of sticker for it? Didn't know if putting any normal sticker on it would change how the disc flew or anything like that.

IvyPickin87

Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you guys customize your discs with any decals or stickers? My Star Destroyer is blank white and wanted to put something on it but didn't know if you could just put any sticker on there or do you have to get a certain kind of sticker for it? Didn't know if putting any normal sticker on it would change how the disc flew or anything like that.

I dont believe that a sticker would throw off any flight pattern to the disc. The only thing i think it would do is make it the slightest bit heavier. I have not personally ever put one on my disc, but i dont think it will hurt it any. My buddy has drawn on his discs to make them more visually appealing, but that is it when it comes changing the appearance of discs to my knowledge.

GocubsGo223

Donator
Liked Posts:
Went out and got 9 holes in after class. Played them to par. Happy with that.

IvyPickin87

Donator
Liked Posts:
Played the last couple days... loving my new bag and discs just gotta workt the kinks out could be a very nice summer score wise.

HeavyD

Liked Posts:
Played almost 4 rounds yesterday. Got 1/2 a hole in one! its a damn 110 foot hole on course that didn't have much room to fit it all in. My friends and I decided it only counts for a full ace when you get 2!

110ft of hell, by hell i mean completely wide open like a putt giving myself so many ways to try and putt that it took far far far to long to get an ace. Prolly played that hole 500 times.

My drives were sick yesterday. Overshot a 300ft hole by about 50 feet which I couldn't do last year. A 280 feet uphill dogleg right I drove it to the basket each time but only made 1 putt :(

IvyPickin87

Donator
Liked Posts:
WOOOOOO!!! Lifetime ace number 6 today! Blind tomahawk throw! about 180 feet.

Nice man!!! I have come close a couple times this spring so far, but have not gotten one to stay home.

I went and played a course that i used to live 5 mins from but never played :obama: :turrible: It was the coolest 9 hole course i have ever played. GCG223 ill have to take ya next time you come back to town. I was talking to a chick who plays professionally and she said Davenport
has an incredible course, you should buzz over there and see before you move back home.

Last edited:

IvyPickin87

Donator
Liked Posts:
Just got done tying my personal best on my home course of -6. And almost got Ace number 4 on the career. It was on the same basket i hit my 2nd one. But i have been struggling so far this year. It was nice to go out and finally play like i know i can. Lost another Orc. I put it on top of a Park Shelter. It was too high off the ground to get my buddy or I up there. I called the Park office they were gonna come Monday and get it (happened on a Friday) was up there all weekend but come Monday mourning GONE!! I hate losing discs!!!!

HeavyD

Liked Posts:
I had the most disappointing round of frolf in a while. course record is -6. On hole 7 I missed a 10 foot putt that would have put me at -6. Hole 8 I birdied which had I not fucked up that last putt would have given me the course record. -7 on a 9 hole course...Fuck me! imma do it this year though!

IvyPickin87

Donator
Liked Posts:
Went out with 3 of my buddies and played doubles best shot. My team won put up a -8. Had a very nice day and two straight day hit a basket but didnt make the shot! I am gonna get an ace very soon!

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Went today for the first time this year in warm weather. I've apparently acquire new found strength on my throws. Somehow I throw 50 feet further than I did last fall. Can't explain it. Me and two buddies went to the EIU campus course after class and I kept teeing off on hole 7 which is a 186 in distance, but the hole is directly behind a tree, and there's a tree directly in front of the tee. Just kept going for hole in ones on that most of the afternoon. Got so close three times, one hitting the base of the hole, one hitting a branch and almost falling directly in, and another hitting a branch and just missing by about a foot. Got a video of one attempt but it's a facebook video so you guys wouldn't be able to see it. But damn that was fun today. This is going to be a fun season now that I can throw further somehow.