*OFFICIAL* Free Agent Tampering begins 12:00pm est today

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Deep at overall defensive line yes.

However my understanding is that a really good three technique is extremely hard to find, and the ones most suited for it will be gone in the first round...
yes to your last comment.

Liked Posts:
Tough for the Bears to sign players like the Jags did this year when we didn’t have the cap space they did. That’s what next year will be for. This year we need Fields to improve with those 2nd and 3rd wave free agents.
Well, nothing really stops the Bears from overspending this year. They could've structured the contracts to hit next years books vs now, like every team does regularly, this really isn't a big deal.

Anyway, I'm glad they didn't overpay for a WR, but hoping they can get at least another solid OL soon.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Well, nothing really stops the Bears from overspending this year. They could've structured the contracts to hit next years books vs now, like every team does regularly, this really isn't a big deal.

Anyway, I'm glad they didn't overpay for a WR, but hoping they can get at least another solid OL soon.
They could have but there’s no point in restructuring older players contracts on a team that won’t compete for a SB. Jags we’re in the position to spend this year and build around their QB just like the Bears will be next year..

Liked Posts:
They could have but there’s no point in restructuring older players contracts on a team that won’t compete for a SB. Jags we’re in the position to spend this year and build around their QB just like the Bears will be next year..
I’m not talking about restructuring current contracts. I’m saying having new guaranteed contract money hit next years cap by backloading them. Having a lot of available cap next year allows you to do that.