***OFFICIAL*** IGT: Bears vs Packers (#AARONITOUTISORWASBACK: Malaysian Dissuasion of Caucasian Perversion Pervasion Edition)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Sigh

I could easily name all the bad "higher draft picks" over the yrs.

But it's irrelevant to the fact that ........ ?read that part again

Again....
Our scouting dept. is tasked with finding the best players ( i.e. "diamonds in the rough") regardless of draft position. That's their job. TRUTH.

Doesnt matter what they are tasked with. The reality is the scouts with higher draft picks will do better all things being equal as you like to say.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Sigh

I could easily name all the bad "higher draft picks" over the yrs.

But it's irrelevant to the fact that ........ ?read that part again

Again....
Our scouting dept. is tasked with finding the best players ( i.e. "diamonds in the rough") regardless of draft position. That's their job. TRUTH.

Doesnt matter what they are tasked with. The reality is the scouts with higher draft picks will do better all things being equal as you like to say.
You contradicted yourself......You just said

remydat said:
I could name bad lower draft picks.

I said I could name all the bad "higher draft picks" over the yrs.

Then I said it's irrelevant...to the fact that Our scouting dept. is tasked with finding the best players ( i.e. "diamonds in the rough") regardless of draft position. That's their job. TRUTH.

The reality is the scouts with higher draft picks will do better all things being equal as you like to say.

What I said is.......
If our scouting dept. does their job.....it shouldn't matter where we draft ( we'll get the right guy regardless).
And all things equal..... that guy will CONTRIBUTE.

So we're back too.....

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Don't throw for the end zone Getz. Someone might be open.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You contradicted yourself......You just said

remydat said:

What I said is.......
If our scouting dept. does their job.....it shouldn't matter where we draft ( we'll get the right guy regardless).

So we're back too.....

No you are dense. The point once again is that the game changers are usually at the top of the draft. You have a better chance getting the Mannings or Donalds of the world at the top of the draft not the bottom.

Good scouting means you can still get good players but there is a difference in quality regardless of how good your scouts are.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
No you are dense. The point once again is that the game changers are usually at the top of the draft. You have a better chance getting the Mannings or Donalds of the world at the top of the draft not the bottom.

Good scouting means you can still get good players but there is a difference in quality regardless of how good your scouts are.

Nope, to u "dense" means I'm not gonna do the strawman-red herring scenario with you. Good players can be found threw out the draft and in the 1st round.

Again it goes back to .......

And.......

I'm done bumping this game thread.
Oh yeah.......go ahead, I know you gotta have the last word.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nope, to u "dense" means I'm not gonna do the strawman-red herring scenario with you. Good players can be found threw out the draft and in the 1st round.

Again it goes back to .......

And.......

I'm done bumping this game thread. Oh yeah.......go ahead, I know you gotta have the last word.

But it does matter where we draft for the reasons I said.

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i know fields had a 0 td and 2 interception passing day but like....

20 for 25 passing? over 250 yards? 0 sacks? i never thought id ever see those numbers from him and this team. so that is a positive i suppose.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You keep mentioning "better hit on the 1st round pick" and "generational talent" like we're one player away from greatness. Fact is we're the better part of a team away from greatness.

But I guess your delusions about this team is why you are so shocked at today's outcome.

It's more like better trade down every 1st round pick we get and stock up on 2nd-5th rounders is more like it. Do that and we may be able to field a competitive team next year.
You make a reasonable argument, but I respectfully disagree. Consider this perspective. When other teams are preparing for the Bears, who do they have to be concerned about when making their gameplan?

On OffenseOn Defense
Justin Fields
Cole Kmet is slowly working himself up there
Maybe the combined running back room

Now looking at all those empty spaces, if they have to be filled, the more people on both sides that opposing coordinators have to worry about, the more games your team will win. I mean taking nothing away from Sanborn, if he is an average NFL starter, teams are just going to stay in their scheme and block him just like any other 4-3 inside linebacker. But let's say that linebacker was a former safety who stood 6-4 and ran a 4.5-4.6 40- suddenly offenses have to worry about him. He can play the ball, he's tall and fills up passing lanes, can run with tight-ends, and can flow to the ball like a "Monster". People worried about Brian Urlacher. People are not yet (and perhaps not ever) worried about Sanborn, as tough and as gritty as he happens to be.

The more of those empty slots you fill up with people the other team is worried about, the better. Your argument is, we have so many needs, we need to players. Which is true. But drafting in the top-5, I want to see those picks turn into difference-makers on the field, or in other words, playmakers.
1670266694776.png

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
You make a reasonable argument, but I respectfully disagree. Consider this perspective. When other teams are preparing for the Bears, who do they have to be concerned about when making their gameplan?

On OffenseOn Defense
Justin Fields
Cole Kmet is slowly working himself up there
Maybe the combined running back room

Now looking at all those empty spaces, if they have to be filled, the more people on both sides that opposing coordinators have to worry about, the more games your team will win. I mean taking nothing away from Sanborn, if he is an average NFL starter, teams are just going to stay in their scheme and block him just like any other 4-3 inside linebacker. But let's say that linebacker was a former safety who stood 6-4 and ran a 4.5-4.6 40- suddenly offenses have to worry about him. He can play the ball, he's tall and fills up passing lanes, can run with tight-ends, and can flow to the ball like a "Monster". People worried about Brian Urlacher. People are not yet (and perhaps not ever) worried about Sanborn, as tough and as gritty as he happens to be.

The more of those empty slots you fill up with people the other team is worried about, the better. Your argument is, we have so many needs, we need to players. Which is true. But drafting in the top-5, I want to see those picks turn into difference-makers on the field, or in other words, playmakers.

Your chart is extremely biased if you can't come up with anyone on defense.
If you don't have someone on oline you've pretty much removed Fields as a threat and without Fields Kmet isn't as much of a threat. Basically we have a QB combined with the RB room.
Yes people worried about Urlacher but not too much since we didn't have an offense. Once he got flagged for "flexing his muscles and pushing the QB" the fear of defense was no longer there. People should've feared Mack who was a 5th round pick until they figured out all they had to do was blatantly hold him.
Why did we get rid of the known commodity in Mack to turn right around and do the exact same thing but 3 rounds more expensive?

If you can't get defense that is worthy of being concerned about in the mid-1st to 4th rounds you (Poles) are not only a failure you wasted our '22 draft by spending 2 - 2nd rounders on defense that nobody will ever fear because they're talentless hacks taken in the 2nd round. You knew, according to you, it's going to take at least 11 years of sucking to be in the top 10 draft picks to build a defense (again according to you).
You are also claiming it takes top 10 talent on defense to beat 7th round offense. Not only does your math not work your plan has never worked for the Bears.

Tell me when your plan has ever worked? We've been trying it for 37 years. If it worked we should have been racking up Super Bowl rings like the Patriots.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Your chart is extremely biased if you can't come up with anyone on defense.
If you don't have someone on oline you've pretty much removed Fields as a threat and without Fields Kmet isn't as much of a threat. Basically we have a QB combined with the RB room.
Yes people worried about Urlacher but not too much since we didn't have an offense. Once he got flagged for "flexing his muscles and pushing the QB" the fear of defense was no longer there. People should've feared Mack who was a 5th round pick until they figured out all they had to do was blatantly hold him.
Why did we get rid of the known commodity in Mack to turn right around and do the exact same thing but 3 rounds more expensive?

If you can't get defense that is worthy of being concerned about in the mid-1st to 4th rounds you (Poles) are not only a failure you wasted our '22 draft by spending 2 - 2nd rounders on defense that nobody will ever fear because they're talentless hacks taken in the 2nd round. You knew, according to you, it's going to take at least 11 years of sucking to be in the top 10 draft picks to build a defense (again according to you).
You are also claiming it takes top 10 talent on defense to beat 7th round offense. Not only does your math not work your plan has never worked for the Bears.

Tell me when your plan has ever worked? We've been trying it for 37 years. If it worked we should have been racking up Super Bowl rings like the Patriots.
I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying. My chart is showing who, on the current team, do other teams have to game-plan for? I'm not saying defense isn't important. I'm saying nobody on the current defense is keeping any offensive coordinators up at night.

As for why we've sucked for 37 years, there are a lot of reasons, but most of those reasons are due to absolutely terrible drafting.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying. My chart is showing who, on the current team, do other teams have to game-plan for? I'm not saying defense isn't important. I'm saying nobody on the current defense is keeping any offensive coordinators up at night.

As for why we've sucked for 37 years, there are a lot of reasons, but most of those reasons are due to absolutely terrible drafting.

Nobody on this team is keeping anyone up at night. We need a lot more than one player to do that.
On defense there's Eddie Jackson, Sanborn and the 2 rookies that are every bit the threat the offense you list is.

The #2 for #5 would give us another pick in the 2nd-5th rounds without any QB bidding inflation added. #2 to out of the top 10 has to include future picks.
We don't need a single generational talent who can be negated by a hold like Mack was. We need talent all over the place.

Tee

Beast Mode
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Houston Cougars
I still can't believe that scramble by Fields just missed that touchdown by a pinky touch out of bounds. He's Amazing man!! I can't wait till he's surrounded by more talent.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
It seems like Detroit maybe have playoff spot on the line when Bears meet them. Im so hyped right now that we really can go 3-14 and take that second place in the draft. This team is so good next season. Draft picks, 120mil salary space, Fields can run 150yards every game and throw 20/25.
This team will be bottom of the division for years.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
I still can't believe that scramble by Fields just missed that touchdown by a pinky touch out of bounds. He's Amazing man!! I can't wait till he's surrounded by more talent.

I had a prop bet he'd run for TD today so not happy about it!