***OFFICIAL*** IGT: Super Bowl LV (?? ??? Edition)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TL1961

Liked Posts:
In fairness, Mahomes was running for his life and threw a pass few QBs could ever throw.
He threw at least five passes while running that were absolutely terrible decisions but it’s Mahomes so we have to pretend they were good plays

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He threw at least five passes while running that were absolutely terrible decisions but it’s Mahomes so we have to pretend they were good plays

Lol and yet for the most part they made it to the WR.

It is funny the same guys that cape for 4M are pretending like they would not be blaming the OL and WRs for shitting the bed if they played like the Chiefs OL and WRs.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They were terrible decisions... A couple of them should have been caught tho. He was down 3 scores in the SB.. rather see that than run out of bounds 1 yard away from a 1st down.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They were terrible decisions... A couple of them should have been caught tho. He was down 3 scores in the SB.. rather see that than run out of bounds 1 yard away from a 1st down.

Yeah they prefer 4M giving up on the play or protecting himself rather than trying to win.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Lol and yet for the most part they made it to the WR.

It is funny the same guys that cape for 4M are pretending like they would not be blaming the OL and WRs for shitting the bed if they played like the Chiefs OL and WRs.
This has zero to do with mitch or anyone else. If you can’t see that Mahomes was bad you can’t see

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Nobody is saying he should give up. But they were terrible decisions. And he was inaccurate all night.

But some think he’s perfect and any honest critique is unfair.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This has zero to do with mitch or anyone else. If you can’t see that Mahomes was bad you can’t see

Sure it does. The same people saying he was bad make all sorts of excuses for 4M when his OL and WRs fail him.

Mahomes was by no means good but he was not as bad as you guys are claiming. Despite being pressured on 52% of drop backs which is unheard of he still put his WRs in position to make plays. They failed to do so.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Trubisky was pressured on only 25% of snaps this year. I am guessing Mahomes was closer to 50% tonight.

Revisiting the above, my speculation was correct.

And for those comparing to 4M. The high this year for 4M was 14 pressures. In fact this one game represented a 3rd of 4M's pressures on the season as he was pressured 94 times in 9.5 games. So averaged 10 pressures a game.

Really no comparison between 4M shitting the bed when pressured 25% of the time vs Mahomes being pressured 52% of the time in this game for an NFL record and 3 times as much as the average 4M game this year.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I sure do...31-9...What else ya got? More excuses?

Sure let's talk excuses.

FROM THE ARTICLE:

"This is where the game officially turned in my eyes. With 1:49 left on the clock, the Bears decided to run the ball with running back David Montgomery, getting five yards and causing the Saints to burn a timeout. The play call worked well since you gained yards and still stopped the clock, knowing the Saints could not use another timeout if they got the ball back prior to time expiring. The Bears now could dictate pace and mount a sustained drive that, at the very least, would result in a field goal to cut the deficit to 7-6. Instead, head coach Matt Nagy opted to call another run play to Montgomery that resulted in a three-yard gain. They let the clock run instead of rushing to the line and calling a play, then called a run-pass option (RPO) that saw backup running back Ryan Nall run into a wall for no gain, resulting in a fourth down. The Bears punted to end the half. This was the moment to turn the tides and make a game out of it. The Bears had plenty of time and timeouts to work with and didn't attempt one pass and let the clock run. What's worse is using your fourth string running back in a playoff game instead of Montgomery or even Cordarrelle Patterson. Nagy played scared and clearly didn't trust quarterback Mitchell Trubisky, or his offense as a whole for that matter, to drive down the field and score points in a two-minute situation"

I have to admit..When that play started in the backfield, I thought.."Oh NO...another Nagy mistake"
But you are right..That was the best throw Trubisky ever made..It was spot on, and Wims had to drop it!

Perfect Landing Spot for Trubisky.

Next years Bears!

I see a lot of excuses for 4M. Imagine trying to bash Mahomes when he was pressured 52% of the time and had 2 TDs go thru WRs hands after spending 4 years white knighting for 4M and still advocating for us retaining him next year. Hypocrite much?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Todd Bowles deserves a lot of credit. He had Mahomes and the Chiefs OL spinning with crazy blitzes early, then he backed off a little once they were rattled, bracketed Hill and didn't let anyone get over the top. The Chiefs were too stubborn to run the ball early, which would have changed the game a bunch imo.

In every super bowl where the dominant offense gets stymied it's always because of pressure, usually mostly from just rushing four.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sure let's talk excuses.

I see a lot of excuses for 4M. Imagine trying to bash Mahomes when he was pressured 52% of the time and had 2 TDs go thru WRs hands after spending 4 years white knighting for 4M and still advocating for us retaining him next year. Hypocrite much?
Go for it..I have no excuses...But youre an expert I see

Last edited:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Sure it does. The same people saying he was bad make all sorts of excuses for 4M when his OL and WRs fail him.

Mahomes was by no means good but he was not as bad as you guys are claiming. Despite being pressured on 52% of drop backs which is unheard of he still put his WRs in position to make plays. They failed to do so.
He put his WRs in position to make plays? Hill dropped one early, but for the most part he didn't get the ball to WRs all day. Kelce, Kelce, Kelce.

He missed a wide open WR early. He was inaccurate early before the pressure.

I just can't figure out why you think this is about Mitch. Everyone knows it's easier to play QB without pressure. Nobody is saying he wasn't pressured. But he handled it by running to nowhere and heaving throws up for grabs.

Meanwhile, we should be asking why wonder-coach Eric Bienemy called no delays, no draws, very few screens - absolutely nothing to counter the pressure. Very few runs while TB was playing two high safeties. Very poor gameplan and adjustments.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Sure let's talk excuses.

You keep referring to two TDs that "went through WR's hands" - one went right through the defender's hands and hit the WR in the facemask. He didn't see it because there was a defender directly in the line of the throw. You want to make this all about Mitch for some reason? What's your reaction to that throw by Mitch? That he "hit his WR"? Or that it was another almost interception? (You sound like Trumpers bringing up Hillary all the time)

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
He put his WRs in position to make plays? Hill dropped one early, but for the most part he didn't get the ball to WRs all day. Kelce, Kelce, Kelce.

He missed a wide open WR early. He was inaccurate early before the pressure.

I just can't figure out why you think this is about Mitch. Everyone knows it's easier to play QB without pressure. Nobody is saying he wasn't pressured. But he handled it by running to nowhere and heaving throws up for grabs.

Meanwhile, we should be asking why wonder-coach Eric Bienemy called no delays, no draws, very few screens - absolutely nothing to counter the pressure. Very few runs while TB was playing two high safeties. Very poor gameplan and adjustments.
I don’t know why it’s hard to say the Mahomes played terrible yesterday.and not only at the beginning but the whole game. The only time he looked like himself is when they left Kelce wide open. As good as he is he still played like shit. And why does he keep calling them TDs? They were not touchdowns..period