***OFFICIAL*** Is Jordan Howards regressing? IGT thread

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If I was a sociology professor, I would probably use this board as my study system and unleash my grad students to run experiments on here. I think it would be fascinating work.
There's one glaring weakness on this team.. and it's the o-line as a unit. Trubinsky is a question mark, but the only true definite weakness of this team is the o-line.

Why do I feel like I'm the only one concerned about that, still? Last I checked, championships were won in the trenches... Mack has the ship sailing pretty on one side of the trench, meanwhile captain Long and co is getting Howard and Mitch bitch-smacked on the other side.

But these bozos are way too concerned about nailing trubs #calledits to notice!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm afraid this is a bogus Novaks thread. Line has been miserable on runs between the tackles. Howard getting hit behind the line way more than in the past.

He'll be fine. His long term future with the team may be in question, but his skills aren't.

This and why Daniels will help. Kid is good at driving people. Creates vertical holes for backs to slide through without losing momentum.

Silverwulf

Liked Posts:
Sometimes I feel like the OLine needs to get in a rhythm when it comes to run blocking.
So far I really haven't seen that from them.
Maybe it has more to do with our new offense making that more difficult to accomplish.
But it definitely feels a little off so far this year.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
With the lack of draft picks in the upcoming draft, trading Howard in a contract year is the right move by Pace. Ajayi fetched a 4th rounder and that's probably the best deal Pace will get for Howard. Nonetheless, you have to take it and draft a RB late again to churn the rookie contract RB carousel. Right now all Pace has in the 2019 draft is a 3rd, 4th, 5th, and possibly 2, 7th's. Adding another 4th would be a good bet even if it is just to draft another RB to replace Howard.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
no he isn't regressing

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
His YPC has went down a full yard for consecutive years. This is what happens with a ground and pound style.

Yes, he’s regressing.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
There's one glaring weakness on this team.. and it's the o-line as a unit. Trubinsky is a question mark, but the only true definite weakness of this team is the o-line.

Why do I feel like I'm the only one concerned about that, still? Last I checked, championships were won in the trenches... Mack has the ship sailing pretty on one side of the trench, meanwhile captain Long and co is getting Howard and Mitch bitch-smacked on the other side.

But these bozos are way too concerned about nailing trubs #calledits to notice!

Is Mitch getting bitch smacked? I think we're on the low in our QB getting sacked but don't know the exact numbers and don't care to look it up.

Hi everybody

Liked Posts:
The explanation for the "Howard Paradox" of how he has been getting as many touches as ever statistically but feeling much less the focal point of the offense is actually quite simple.

For one, saying he on pace to have the second most touches of any season he has played is a misleading distinction because Howard has only played in two seasons before this one and as a rookie he didn't start right away.

BUT the real reason you would not guess Howard's usage has overall remained steady is because Bears drives are lasting more than one or two series now so the total number of plays being run by the offense is way up. Howard is just accounting for a lesser percentage of the offense, but his contribution to the offense have been way more effective since he taught himself to catch. He is probably better than he has ever been and the offense is doing better as a result. Also, he is a bit of a mudder so when the weather gets nasty expect these stats to pick up a bit.

His fahder was a mudder
His muhder was a mudder

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Jordan Howard

We all love him

We all don't love Kyle Long, but I digress...

This is a subject most of you wont want to discuss (hey, CCS stuffs).

Jordan Howard is on pace for 256 rush attempts for 812 rushing yard with just 4 TDs.. One mantra i see pushed around here quite often is "he's not being fed the ball by Nagy" but that's simply not true.. He's on pace for 4 more carries than 2016. Just 20 less carries than last year. Simply put: he's been underwhelming through 4 games. So who're you blaming? Still Nagy, because derp? O-line, because trashboats? Howard, because he suddenly forgot how to run with a ball?

Positive: He's on pace to finish with 40 receptions, which would easily be his best season yet in that regard. He is improving as a pass catcher - that is for certain.

Reminder: He's on pace for literally the 2nd most touches he's seen in his career.. By 3 touches.

Genuinely interested in opinions here. Let's bye week it up
I think Long is tanking on his run plays. He clearly likes Cohen more.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I’ve never seen a player bring so much to the table and get shit talked about him as much as Howard lol. Last offseason we need to trade him he can’t catch and he has disproved that. Now it’s is he regressing lmfao.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
If I was a sociology professor, I would probably use this board as my study system and unleash my grad students to run experiments on here. I think it would be fascinating work.

I think people have ptsd from all the sucks from prior years it’s the only way to explain some of this crap

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Howard is learning a completely new offense. By CCS logic, this means he is a rookie again and has only played four games that count, so it's still too early to judge.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Howard will beast out against Miami. Book it!

He’s a Bama boy born and raised. The heat and humidity in Miami will be a small thing to a giant. Miami’s 19th ranked rush D is going to get ran roughshod over. It’s going to be bad, because not only aren’t they very good, but they have yet to face a top tier back on Howard’s level this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can you break down in detail why you think this? What is different about this blocking scheme as opposed to the previous one that makes it more difficult for Howard to find head room?

Not disagreeing with you, just looking for a less vague opinion

It's not that he is getting less touches... it's the scheme of the runs he had. It's a lot of lateral type runs. He doesn't have speed to hit edges and it takes away from his best asset..strength...he is a power runner that needs a head of steam going forward. I was observing this in last game thread, saying that I dont want him gone, but they didnt seem to use him correctly. A lot was predictable when he entered or used as a decoy.

I hate to say it, but they should trade him to the colts or unless they can afford too...the Steelers Bell