Official JOEL IYIEGBUNIWE Thread

Ideal

Liked Posts:
According to Da Bears Bros:

"He lines up everywhere. Inside, outside, slot corner. Dude has serious range and a wide-array of skills."

Looks like a good pick based on his tackling totals and versatility.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
im guessing timu and jonathan anderson dont even make it to camp? i think both of them are emery guys

Collins77

Liked Posts:
Nickle backer/ dog role on 3rd down. Can cover and blitz.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
ditto those thoughts...

I guess Fangio isn't impressed with Kwiatkoski; whereas I saw him an up-in-coming starter.

I wanted an EDGE prospect here.

I read he's an excellent LB, does it all, so good in coverage may warrant passing package, strips a lot of balls (3 FF 2017), productive ST tacker.

Maybe this is primarily a ST pick, or strong BPA?​

Maybe Fangio isn't impressed with the guys after Kwiat in Timu and Anderson and does like Kwiat??

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
Sounds like a special team player and depth to me definitely not starting material at this point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Buzz steadily growing Bears may have a sleeper in Joel Iyiegbuniwe
Greg Cosell is the nephew of iconic commentator Howard Cosell. That’s how most normal people know him. Football experts though swear that he is now one of the best, most knowledgeable analysts in the game. His attention to detail and work on the draft is impressive and rarely misplaced. That’s why it was fascinating to see what he had to say about Iyiegbuniwe.

A player he thinks might be a steal.

“IYIEGBUNIWE HAS A LOT OF ATHLETIC AND MOVEMENT TRAITS TO WORK WITH AS YOU TRANSITION HIM TO THE NFL…

HE SHOWED THE DESIRED PLAY SPEED AND RANGE TO PLAY INSIDE OUT AND TO EFFECTIVELY NAVIGATE THE BOX IN THE RUN GAME (ALTHOUGH NEEDS WORK TO DO THAT CONSISTENTLY). THERE’S AN AGGRESSION AND COMPETITIVE TOUGHNESS TO IYIEGBUNIWE’S GAME THAT CONSISTENTLY STOOD OUT EVEN THOUGH HE WAS NOT POWERFUL

IYIEGBUNIWE HAS THE ATHLETICISM AND MOVEMENT TRAITS TO PLAY IN SUB-PACKAGES AND MATCH UP MAN-TO-MAN ON TE AND BACKS. ATHLETIC TRAITS PLUS HIGH-LEVEL COLLEGE PRODUCTION MAKE IYIEGBUNIWE A GOOD PROSPECT WITH A CHANCE TO DEVELOP INTO A STARTING STACKED LB WITH COACHING AND EXPERIENCE.”

The kid certainly pops a lot on tape. That’s one of the first things to look for. For a guy who’s around 230 lbs, he moves with surprising velocity. His final two years at Western Kentucky as a starter, he made 181 tackles, 21.5 tackles for loss and 5.5 sacks. He also deflected four passes and forced three fumbles.

This wasn’t against cupcake competition either. Against Alabama in 2016, he made 10 tackles, one tackle for loss and a sack. Big opponents don’t seem to phase him.

It’s unlikely Iyiegbuniwe sees much action outside of special teams this year. That said he looks like he can be much more than a backup. With Danny Trevathan’s injury track record, it may just be a matter of time before he’s able to not just contribute, but thrive.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Basically, we drafted Griffin, but with an extra hand....

which begs the question, if they can put a bionic hand on Shaqem...kind of like the 6 million dollar man...is that allowed or is that cheating?

Navy Orange Ninja

Liked Posts:
Ryan Pace was on SiriusXM NFL channel this afternoon talking about him. Said multiple time how excited they were to get him in the 4th and that he was a great combination of speed, athleticism, character and intelligence. Will be interesting to track his development.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Interesting Tweet from Adam Jahns

#Bears' selection of LB Joel Iyiegbuniwe seems to have everyone thinking. Here are two from me:

1. Nick Kwiatkoski could get a look at OLB. He's been disruptive with blitzes. Played outside in college some, too.

2. Are Danny Trevathan's days numbered? He was a John Fox signing.

Hicks was a John Fox signing.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Michael Okwo vibes from this guy

Okwo didn't really give a shit about football and never really seemed to learn the pro game. It certainly wasn't about his athletics.

I really haven't heard anything negative on Iyiegbuniwe's attitude towards football. He is raw with athletics like Okwo was, but Okwo didn't really care about football.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Bilal Nichols is clearly an upgrade over Hicks.