OFFICIAL Mully is reporting unconfirmed OC is.....

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mark Helfrich is the new OC. Former Head coach of the Ducks 2013 - 2016
It has not been announced by the Bears. Mully stating he received a tip from an undisclosed source.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Heard this last night. He would definitely give an interesting insight. I just hope they know how to work with what they have instead of forcing a system on them.

BearDownZZ

Liked Posts:
This would be an incredible hire if true. I wasn't all that worried about his OC because the offense is clearly Nagy's style of WCO and he's calling play. But adding a coach who ran a unique, high powered offense, is a great idea. You know he'll bring a lot to the table in terms of innovation, especially with tempo.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I hope elements of the Oregon offense are use, but I DO NOT want a Chip Kelley offense, not that I think Nagy will allow this to happen.

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I hope elements of the Oregon offense are use, but I DO NOT want a Chip Kelley offense, not that I think Nagy will allow this to happen.

I'm sure Chip's unsuccessful stint in the NFL has clued in Nagy et al that Chip's hurry up doesn't work in the NFL

CubbyBear2290

Graham Dougie=UNBEATABLE!
Liked Posts:
Him never having coached in the NFL doesn't bug me really at all. He's coached under Chip Kelly (a very good NFL coach till he wanted control of roster) and Dirk Koetter (a respected NFL coordinator). He'll bring wrinkles to the offensive development that make this fun and innovative.

Remember Nagy played in the arena league, coached a more west coast-ish style offense under Andy Reid and now he's getting a spread option coordinator. This is going to be an offense that can play w/ tempo from time to time but will be creative because of both of their background. Kind of like a "spread-coast" system. I'm really impressed so far with who he is hiring.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I see what Nagy is going for here. He wants innovation; not the standard NFL fare. I hope it is not going to be gimmickry; something that is easily figured out after half a season or so.

As long as these guys can continue to evolve their game and stay ahead of the curve it'll be a good thing.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Also, having been a HC prior and having run a program, there should be no issues with the increased responsibilities of OC that would be a potential issue going from position coach to coordinator. I think some good coaches Peter Principle out based on the work not related to actual coaching players that they aren't always prepared for.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I see what Nagy is going for here. He wants innovation; not the standard NFL fare. I hope it is not going to be gimmickry; something that is easily figured out after half a season or so.

As long as these guys can continue to evolve their game and stay ahead of the curve it'll be a good thing.

I’m with ya. The gimmicky part could be real with the pressure to be opposite of Fox/Loggians, coaching under Chip Kelly and now bringing in Helfrich. The only positive is the current roster, which will change but not totally, doesn’t have the skill set outside of Cohen.

It’s going to be interesting. #cantwaittillseptember

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m with ya. The gimmicky part could be real with the pressure to be opposite of Fox/Loggians, coaching under Chip Kelly and now bringing in Helfrich. The only positive is the current roster, which will change but not totally, doesn’t have the skill set outside of Cohen.

It’s going to be interesting. #cantwaittillseptember

I think the offense has the skill set sans wide receiver and Trubisky's experience.....I think both Howard and Cohen can thrive, although both are limiting a bit in specific areas. If Howard can learn to catch he would be very difficult to game plan against. I remember several plays where Cohen would go in motion and two guys would have to cover him. You can't rely on one guy to always tackle him. Loggains rarely took advantage of this.

The Bears need a game plan that can get the WR open a bit more.....Nagy can do that

Luke

Liked Posts:
I heard ZZ and Biggs with M&H this morning. I found it interesting that Negs and Helfrich both have Trace Armstrong as their agent. He was drafted right after Woolford and were both good players for the bears. ZZ mentioned that coaches in the chiefs room would all throw up plays on the board and used the best ones in addition to the base WCO. Helfrich will be another offensive mind who will contribute to this process. This is not going to be your fathers bears offense that's for sure. ZZ was more optimistic about Fangio returning, Biggs seemed more 60/40 and didnt know what the hold up was for. When asked about Bettcher, Biggs said Floyd could play DE whie trevathan could play wlb like he did in Denver if they played 4-3.