OFFICIAL Mully is reporting unconfirmed OC is.....

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I know nothing about this guy if he's the hire....

But if he gets rid of the Run Run Pass Punt format we used last year then I'm on board.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No more run run pass punt BS offense we have been seeing.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I know nothing about this guy if he's the hire....

But if he gets rid of the Run Run Pass Punt format we used last year then I'm on board.

He would bring lots of experience in the RPO system, and uptempo. It would be the ultimate spread college offense, meets the West Coast NFL offense. It would be a Hybrid Spread WC. Be one hell of an offense to watch

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
He would bring lots of experience in the RPO system, and uptempo. It would be the ultimate spread college offense, meets the West Coast NFL offense. It would be a Hybrid Spread WC. Be one hell of an offense to watch

This^

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
The offense is going to be a complete 360 of what was run last year.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Scott Frost was the next OC at Oregon after Helfrich. When he came to UCF, he didn’t just run Chip’s offense. He did run plenty of up tempo but could slow down when the game situation called for it and he ran the ball effectively and consistently. A lot of the route combinations worked receivers open crossing between the numbers and up the seam.
They went deep often too. Helfrich and Frost are close so it will be interesting what concepts he presents that Nagy may incorporate into his version of the West Coast Offense. I would take Scott Frost in a minute so I have to like the idea of one of his mentors joining the Bears.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He's the OC with an offensive minded head coach. If Nagy is respected, Helfrich will be, too.

That isn't necessarily true though, sometimes these college guys that have never coached in the NFL don't know how to speak to the pro players. They're so used to being the authority and yelling and screaming at the college kids that they think they can get away with it in the NFL. There's been plenty of cases of this happening but of course i have no idea if he'll do it. All i'm saying is it could happen but hopefully he's mindful of it and it won't.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Surprised Mark Helfrich isn't looking at the Titans to work with Marcus Mariota again.

That isn't necessarily true though, sometimes these college guys that have never coached in the NFL don't know how to speak to the pro players. They're so used to being the authority and yelling and screaming at the college kids that they think they can get away with it in the NFL. There's been plenty of cases of this happening but of course i have no idea if he'll do it. All i'm saying is it could happen but hopefully he's mindful of it and it won't.

Matt Nagy is the boss not Mark Helfrich so if he sees him acting out of line it should be put to a halt pretty quick.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Sounds good as long as it isn't too gimmicky.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

This sounds like a boner compared to what we've been watching the past 3 years.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
2017 Bears Offense:

1371606862953.jpeg

2018 Bears Offense:

the-feast-ice-cream-sundaes-04.jpg

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Him never having coached in the NFL doesn't bug me really at all. He's coached under Chip Kelly (a very good NFL coach till he wanted control of roster) and Dirk Koetter (a respected NFL coordinator). He'll bring wrinkles to the offensive development that make this fun and innovative.

Remember Nagy played in the arena league, coached a more west coast-ish style offense under Andy Reid and now he's getting a spread option coordinator. This is going to be an offense that can play w/ tempo from time to time but will be creative because of both of their background. Kind of like a "spread-coast" system. I'm really impressed so far with who he is hiring.

So the Bears could actually have a offense that's fun to watch....yes please. There's good and some bad that can come with having coaches that like to take chances and go for it on plays where a lot of veteran coaches won't.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Surprised Mark Helfrich isn't looking at the Titans to work with Marcus Mariota again.

Titans may not be looking at him....I have only heard his name come up for the Bears and UCLA

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
9s9 seconds ago
Ian Rapoport Retweeted Mully And Hanley
There definitely have been talks. Sounds like Helfrich has to choose between #Bears OC and pursuing University of Arizona HC job.