OFFICIAL Mully is reporting unconfirmed OC is.....

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I really like the hire of Mark Helfirch.

The Kansas City Chiefs run a system that is a mashup of a ton of different systems and styles and it made them very difficult to play against. They run west coast, spread, RPO, multiple option packages.

I like the idea of having a ton of different ideas in the room and coming up with the best and most innovative system possible. The Bears have never done that. They have never been "cutting edge" offensively.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Considering that a concern with Nagy was putting together a staff our boy is getting work done.

Mitchapalooza

2017 Bears Offense:

1371606862953.jpeg

2018 Bears Offense:

the-feast-ice-cream-sundaes-04.jpg
We turned gay?

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Ross Tucker
@RossTuckerNFL
2m2 minutes ago
Matt Nagy hiring Hiestand as OL coach & Helfrich as OC from college shows he knows deal in terms of NFL teams incorporating more and more college concepts. Great early sign for Bears.

Luke

Liked Posts:
now how do we get a few quality wr's in here?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Scott Frost was the next OC at Oregon after Helfrich. When he came to UCF, he didn’t just run Chip’s offense. He did run plenty of up tempo but could slow down when the game situation called for it and he ran the ball effectively and consistently. A lot of the route combinations worked receivers open crossing between the numbers and up the seam.
They went deep often too. Helfrich and Frost are close so it will be interesting what concepts he presents that Nagy may incorporate into his version of the West Coast Offense. I would take Scott Frost in a minute so I have to like the idea of one of his mentors joining the Bears.

Yeah we're gonna miss S.Frost down here in o-town. Definitely didn't see the J.Heupel hiring coming but he did some good things at Mizzu and love that he's bringing R.Shannon with him to be his DC.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
The spread offense will be incorporated more and more in the NFL. They said that Georgia was the best defense Oklahoma had faced and would not put up the points. Yes, they lost but Oklahoma put up 48 points on an SEC defense. Believe me, NFL teams noticed that and you will start to see more and more teams move this direction.

This is going to be a Hybrid spread offense.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Yeah we're gonna miss S.Frost down here in o-town. Definitely didn't see the J.Heupel hiring coming but he did some good things at Mizzu and love that he's bringing R.Shannon with him to be his DC.

Scott Frost is a heck of a coach.

Luke

Liked Posts:

did you enjoy their "national championship"?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Odd hire to me. A HC with limited play calling experience hiring an OC with zero NFL play calling experience. That's a very green combination. Hopefully it works out.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love it...outside the box hire, will bring innovation and college experience to the staff....I friggin love this move.