Official NBA Finals Thread

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I credit that to all the players taking paycuts and the backloaded nature of contracts. I find it kinda funny that because of that the big 3 are going to make about as much between the 3 of them as the whole team is this year.

Which kind of goes directly against what the reporter was saying...which Wade pointed out.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fun fact. Dirks contract is worth more in his final year than any of the Big 3's.

Not surprised. His contract this year is like 3 million more than any of them. Makes sense. He didn't have to take a pay cut. And I believe the Bird rights thing allows players that stay with their team to have bigger annual raises in salary (which I guess only really applies to Wade, but again, he took a pay cut). Joe Johnson beats all of them though. xD

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
he deserves every cent of that money

DirkDance.gif

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not surprised. His contract this year is like 3 million more than any of them. Makes sense. He didn't have to take a pay cut. And I believe the Bird rights thing allows players that stay with their team to have bigger annual raises in salary (which I guess only really applies to Wade, but again, he took a pay cut). Joe Johnson beats all of them though. xD

Technically LeBron and Bosh were sign and trades so they could get more money but they took a bit of a pay cut.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Technically LeBron and Bosh were sign and trades so they could get more money but they took a bit of a pay cut.

Ah right, forgot about that. But yes, they all took pay cuts.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
kyrie is damn good but i feel sorry for him going to cleveland..atleast he'll get derrick williams or kanter with him

Then I guess it sucks for both of them. How long until they bolt you think?

Dang...that's mean...xD

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
heard another good lebron one(its actually someone that was/used to be on this board):

Why didn't LeBron go to college?

He didn't want to show up for the finals.:troll:

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Unfortunately, the focus is on the Heat losing and not the Mavs winning. I rooted for Dirk in 2006 and I rooted for Dirk this year, though I didn't think they would win this year. This is the most satisfying Finals for me that didn't include the Bulls since 2004 when the Lakers lost to the Pistons (yes, I rooted for the Pistons...sue me).

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Unfortunately, the focus is on the Heat losing and not the Mavs winning. I rooted for Dirk in 2006 and I rooted for Dirk this year, though I didn't think they would win this year. This is the most satisfying Finals for me that didn't include the Bulls since 2004 when the Lakers lost to the Pistons (yes, I rooted for the Pistons...sue me).

may be unfortunate, but not surprising. The focus has been on Miami all season long, win or lose.

As for the finals, more people were rooting against the heat than rooting for the Mavs. So it makes sense that there would be more talk about the Heat.

Now that I think about it... I haven't been satisfied with a finals victory since the Spurs beat the Pistons... haha. [before this season]

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

ya...but when you go through the "decision" and little "not one...not two....
" party thing...and all the espn and sports network exposure...

you're pretty much asking for negative attention