?OFFICIAL? NFL Week 1 IGT ???

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Arizona had to punt there. They were losing the whole game and a tie is better than a loss. They were playing the percentages.

Detroit was so fucking stupid though after Stafford got sacked. You have to just run the clock out there.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
OK, be honest.

If the Bears had first and goal in OT to win it and walked away with a tie, wouldn't the QB get lambasted?

As good as that fourth quarter was - and OT - that sequence was poor.
That is inexcusable across the board.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
OK, be honest.

If the Bears had first and goal in OT to win it and walked away with a tie, wouldn't the QB get lambasted?

As good as that fourth quarter was - and OT - that sequence was poor.
So you think that was on Stafford? LOL.
Now, coaching most definitely.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Arizona had to punt there. They were losing the whole game and a tie is better than a loss. They were playing the percentages.

Detroit was so fucking stupid though after Stafford got sacked. You have to just run the clock out there.
Deep middle jump ball is as good as a punt.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
You said he was playing well at that point. I said he wasn't. If you had said he looks like he could play well, then maybe that would have been foresight. But as it was what you said was just wrong. And you're only butthurt about this because you somehow think that him playing well has some relation to your opinion on Trubisky.

LOL!

That's a sad attempt to backpedal, Nostradamus.

I'll stop now because you don't seem like you know when to cut bait.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The most gutless end was the failure of Arizona to go for 4th and 7. That was weak.

If they didn't make the Lions are a play or two from FG range.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

AZ got a hand on Stafford in the end zone. That would have been a great way to end it - sack in the end zone. Crazy that Detroit allowed that possibility when they had no chance to win.

You can call it gutless, but when they could lose, but could not win, a tie is the best alternative and you need to face that fact.

Like that last heave - what were you hoping to accomplish on a "hail mary" on the last play 30 yards from the end zone?

Wasn't that more of a "testosterone play"? i.e. We can't look like we're settling for a tie?

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Zero risk of a return td.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
AZ got a hand on Stafford in the end zone. That would have been a great way to end it - sack in the end zone. Crazy that Detroit allowed that possibility when they had no chance to win.

You can call it gutless, but when they could lose, but could not win, a tie is the best alternative and you need to face that fact.

Like that last heave - what were you hoping to accomplish on a "hail mary" on the last play 30 yards from the end zone?

Wasn't that more of a "testosterone play"? i.e. We can't look like we're settling for a tie?

My take on that throw was Stafford threw it as high in the air as he could to ensure there would be no time on the clock when it came down, not sure it was a real hail mary.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
LOL!

Murray was bad for three quarters.

The former NFL player in the booth said he was worse than garbage.

He was good afterward, and nobody has said otherwise.

But you are determined to die on the "Murray had a great game from the start" hill.

Objectivity is not your thing.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
LOL!

So if Trubisky had those numbers and I said he was playing pretty well, you'd agree?

You should learn what 'playing well' means, possibly in relation to something like "looks good' or 'has a nice release' or 'looks like he could be good.'

TL1961

Liked Posts:
My take on that throw was Stafford threw it as high in the air as he could to ensure there would be no time on the clock when it came down, not sure it was a real hail mary.
Agreed.
But what is the point?

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No it's not. If it's incomplete then Detroit gets it at midfield...

I would have zero faith in the lions dbs playing smart and knocking it down. My money would be on them jumping for the pick and sports center highlite.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:

The stupidest part was before the delay of game with 5 seconds left, they tried a quick screen. If the receiver drops that, then Arizona gets it at the 15 yard line.