***OFFICIAL*** NHL RESTART BLACKHAWKS vs. OILERS thread

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I will stop you right there, Danault is a far better player than you give him credit for. He is certainly no Hossa, but the kid can play a tremendous 2 way game, he is applauded around the NHL for his offensive and defensive awareness. Danault has helped the Habs PK and there all around defensive game since he was traded there, at times he was there number #1 centermen, he has been very good at the dot, and can pop you 20 goals per season. That was a huge loss combined with TT and we wonder why this team is almost ranked dead last in the league in there own defensive zone.

If he's a 20 goal guy, why has he never scored more than 13? A defensive/faceoff guy is a speciality player who kills penalties, as I said, an ok guy....not the star you're making him out to be. Regardless, he was better than the two stiffs they got in return.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
If he's a 20 goal guy, why has he never scored more than 13? A defensive/faceoff guy is a speciality player who kills penalties, as I said, an ok guy....not the star you're making him out to be. Regardless, he was better than the two stiffs they got in return.
He has only scored 13 because of the position he is in, he plays the same role Toews does for the Hawks. Let’s make something clear, I never said he was a star, but what I did say was, the Hawks let a very good player go that could of benefited this team for years, especially now without Hossa and we can probably add Saad to that mix since the Hawks will have to shed salary to be cap complient,
Let me ask you, does a player, who shadows Crosby, Ovi, Mcdavid, and every other top end player in the league just seem ok, if that was the case he wouldn’t get the praise he does, but then again when was the last time you saw the Canadians play.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He has only scored 13 because of the position he is in, he plays the same role Toews does for the Hawks. Let’s make something clear, I never said he was a star, but what I did say was, the Hawks let a very good player go that could of benefited this team for years, especially now without Hossa and we can probably add Saad to that mix since the Hawks will have to shed salary to be cap complient,
Let me ask you, does a player, who shadows Crosby, Ovi, Mcdavid, and every other top end player in the league just seem ok, if that was the case he wouldn’t get the praise he does, but then again when was the last time you saw the Canadians play.

First, a guy "who can pop you 20 goals a season" who has never scored more than 13.....now you're questioning why I don't keep tabs on team that is about 900 miles away, in another country and hasn't won a thing in 27 years. I mean does anyone outside of Montreal even care anymore? There was a time, maybe 40 or so years ago when the "Habs" were a thing and worthy of a hockey fan's interest, those days have long since passed.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Defensemen Connor Murphy and Olli Maatta also sat out Friday. Like Crawford, their official status is “unfit to play.” That terminology was collectively bargained by the league and the NHL Players’ Association as a blanket designation for players missing time because of COVID-19, an injury or some other ailment.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
definitely better than the stiffs, but Danault was a guy that Stan's prognosticating knew he would not be able to afford. Just seeing Kubalik get top 3 for the Calder has probably put him into this status and I sure hope he accepts a bridge deal

Granada

Liked Posts:
Defensemen Connor Murphy and Olli Maatta also sat out Friday. Like Crawford, their official status is “unfit to play.” That terminology was collectively bargained by the league and the NHL Players’ Association as a blanket designation for players missing time because of COVID-19, an injury or some other ailment.

And here I thought the "lower body" and "upper body" labels were excessively vague. Now they won't even tell us if it's a fricking injury or not.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
This seems to lower the likelihood that Crow has covid but still possible he's one of the 2 if I'm reading this right?

the other possibility would be that he tested positive before coming to camp so they're not counting him. Since may be technically he never made it there.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
The Toews thing is odd. He broke his stick at practice during the PP drills. Went to the bench, got a stick with black tape, which seemed to be not his stick, then finished the drill, took a knee, then skated off and we have not seen him since. Colliton at least confirmed that this unfit to participate was agreed upon with the league and the players union and is being used universally for injuries as well as testys.

Granada

Liked Posts:
(Post edited) Colliton just said that he expects Toews at practice.

The roster needs to be set on Sunday -- and unless any team suffers a catastrophic loss to their roster during playoffs, that is your team, period. Will be interesting to see if Crow is on there.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
When do we panic about Crawford?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Toews back. Murphy back, De Haan back, they way they are dropping out we still dont know who will make it to Canada.

I almost wonder how secretive they are going to be about who is on the plane heading for quarantine.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Crow's gonna retire and take a new position as Rise Against's manager.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Crawford had covid, but will be available to play versus Edmonton via TSN.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
If he's not listed on the roster this Sunday, I'd say.
You have to love the Oilers fans, a team that has done absolutely nothing was given five first round draft choices have the audacity after all these years of failure to think there team is the cat meow. Yes they have Connor and Dresailt, but Christ on a bike this team has done zilch. They must feel proud, what a joke it will be if our Hawks beat them, I will laugh and laugh some more.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
didnt think so, well, it was out there so guessing you can get it somewhere. Basically said the first few days were rough, the extended time was making sure there was nothing going on with his lungs or heart.