My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Canth

Liked Posts:

I will understand not giving Montgomery a 2nd contract. Value of the position and he is good, but not elite.

I just hope that Poles doesn't create unnecessary holes in the roster while they start to put one together. Pace often seemed to create holes in the roster with some of his cuts, then would have to spend his limited resources to fill the hole he created which meant he ignored other needs.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I will understand not giving Montgomery a 2nd contract. Value of the position and he is good, but not elite.

I just hope that Poles doesn't create unnecessary holes in the roster while they start to put one together. Pace often seemed to create holes in the roster with some of his cuts, then would have to spend his limited resources to fill the hole he created which meant he ignored other needs.
FYI: that tweet means nothing. When was the last time an RB was traded for anything of substance?

Please don't be fooled into thinking @Mighty Joe Young is interested in a discussion. He's not. He fears everyone.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

I don’t think there will be a hole at RB. You would have Herbert take over and draft another later round RB.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

I think seeing Khalil Herbert let Poles know that letting Monty walk won't make a hole there.

Canth

Liked Posts:
I don’t think there will be a hole at RB. You would have Herbert take over and draft another later round RB.

See, that's exactly what I am talking about though - at least for this year. Don't move on from Montgomery early, creating that hole that you then have to fill when there are so many other needs.

Now, next year, when they have presumably have a full set of draft picks, you let him walk and draft another guy. That makes sense to me. Just don't do that early in this offseason is all I am saying.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
i think Monty it going to surprise a lot of people with a better offensive line. The biggest knock I have against him is speed but what he lacks there, he makes up for in effort. That and Nagy was clueless on how to use him.

Nothing wrong with signing him to a 4 year deal while Herbert develops,.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
i think Monty it going to surprise a lot of people with a better offensive line. The biggest knock I have against him is speed but what he lacks there, he makes up for in effort. That and Nagy was clue on how to use him.

Nothing wrong with signing him to a 4 year deal while Herbert develops,.
I agree. I watched him go 80 yards one time without being caught from behind?????????