*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Maybe Houston was looking for something different in their next HC than YOU as a fan thinks is needed? Maybe they are just a different kind of idiot than you?

Just because it doesn’t make sense to you, or any of us, doesn’t mean it’s racist. That’s just stupid. But this is ccs, so there’s a lot of that to go around…

Racist and privilege are two different things. Just because you don't want it to be racist or privileged doesn't mean it isn't.

How about you continue to believe it isn't racist or privileged and Pride and I can think it is possibly racist or privileged. To each his own right?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I feel bad for Lovie. He deserves a better team
Why?

Have you forgotten that Lovie specifically said that Illinois was his final coaching gig? Well, he used other words, but he said that.

So why should a liar deserve a better team?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
1. Sure when you prove that they weren't going to hire him. Otherwise what we are left with is the fact there is more evidence they were going to hire him than there is to the contrary.

2. I already answered this question. I think it is clear Lovie was not the choice until after the lawsuit. There is evidence they would have hired McCown and there is evidence they would have hired Flores as both were reported as finalists prior to the lawsuit. The 3rd guy was Gannon. The distinction here is that while I may believe more in the story that McCown was the choice, Flores is under no such obligation and he has info regarding his conversations that I do not have. So either position is supportable hence why I always said my claim was the lawsuit drove the Texans to hire Lovie. I have never claimed Flores as 100% the choice or McCown as 100% the choice. I have seen no credible evidence that Lovie was a serious contender prior to the lawsuit and you have provided no such evidence.

P.S. Before you say it, Caserio is not a credible source because given the pending lawsuit he would put the Texans and the NFL in legal jeopardy if he admitted he only hired Lovie because of the lawsuit. So the only way we get to the truth is if Flores' case makes it to discovery and he can request all the Texans documents related to the job search.
I don't you need to prove because I never claimed McCown wasn't a candidate.

You said Flore was correct. Flores said he would have won the job if it wasn't for the lawsuit.

That second part is what I was claiming as bullshit. There was no guarantee that Flores would have gotten it, and Flores was an asshole for claiming as such and throwing Lovie under the bus.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why?

Have you forgotten that Lovie specifically said that Illinois was his final coaching gig? Well, he used other words, but he said that.

So why should a liar deserve a better team?

Say what now? I presume he said it was his last job because he would have been content to remain there but in the end he was fired.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
No, they should not hire him because he hasn't fucking coached in the NFL before. You were the same dude claiming you didn't want Leftwich because he had only been an OC 3 years most of that with Brady and now you are defending a dude being a HC with zero actual Head Coach experience. Dude hasn't even been a high school HC.

No one spoke on Deion because no one here probably gives a fuck about whatever college he is HC of. I don't even know their name nor do I care.
Well, I only care where Deion Sanders coaches because it is where Walter Payton played, Jackson State.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Say what now? I presume he said it was his last job because he would have been content to remain there but in the end he was fired.
He was saying that he was going to hang up the spurs and go to pasture after Illinois, again not in those words, but the idea was there.

He should have been a man of his word and stayed out of football after sucking at Illinois.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't you need to prove because I never claimed McCown wasn't a candidate.

You said Flore was correct. Flores said he would have won the job if it wasn't for the lawsuit.

That second part is what I was claiming as bullshit. There was no guarantee that Flores would have gotten it, and Flores was an asshole for claiming as such and throwing Lovie under the bus.

You claimed McCown was not a top candidate. Where is your evidence for that?

Flores belief is that the lawsuit changed who they would hire. That is what I said is correct. I then made it clear that my belief was that they would have hired Flores or McCown not Lovie. That is where I differed for Flores

Also by your own logic, you can't claim what he said is BS because you don't know what the Texans told him behind closed doors. If you are going to claim not everything is made public and reported, you have to allow for the possibility that Flores was all but assured the job until the lawsuit. So you are cherry picking when you want to apply the logic of not all info is made public. On one hand you want to speculate that Lovie was interviewed in secret but on the other hand you don't want to allow for the speculation that Flores was all but assured he was the choice. How do you know what they told Flores?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Racist and privilege are two different things. Just because you don't want it to be racist or privileged doesn't mean it isn't.

How about you continue to believe it isn't racist or privileged and Pride and I can think it is possibly racist or privileged. To each his own right?
So we just assume people are racist until proven otherwise?

How racist of you…

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He was saying that he was going to hang up the spurs and go to pasture after Illinois, again not in those words, but the idea was there.

He should have been a man of his word and stayed out of football after sucking at Illinois.

Again was he saying that expecting he would be coaching at Illinois for much longer than 2020. If he thought he would be the coach their until 2030 and was fired then it is quite silly to pretend his statement was under the expectation that he would end his career in 2020.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
No but you should have some noteworthy on your resume. Y’all keep crying that the Rooney Rule was unfair because the most qualified people should get the position but Mccown has nothing. His only qualifications was being white at the right time
Madden had zero coaching experience when he became the Raiders head coach. Al Davis saw something in him the very first time he met him and eventually, he made Madden the Raiders HC.

Maybe McCown has the IT factor to be a successful HC like Madden was? Probably not, but maybe?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Again was he saying that expecting he would be coaching at Illinois for much longer than 2020. If he thought he would be the coach their until 2030 and was fired then it is quite silly to pretend his statement was under the expectation that he would end his career in 2020.
You are making assumptions like I am.

Since he did not follow his own words and because he sucked as at Illinois, I choose to call him a liar and believe that he does not deserve a better team than the Texans, seeing that he shouldn't deserve being the HC for the Texans either.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So we just assume people are racist until proven otherwise?

How racist of you…

Where do you see where I claimed something was racist? I specifically used the words privileged when discussing my actual beliefs. I allowed for the possibility that people are free to consider it racist or privileged when an unqualified white man gets the job over a qualified black man. That was a hypothetical not my actual belief because my actual belief is that he is privileged hence why I sued that term.

It is also weird that when I used the word privilege you immediately assumed racism. You will not note I did not use the term white privilege. I simply said privileged. That was intentional. I did so because there has never been someone previous to McCown in modern NFL history that has gotten HC interviews in successive years despite never actually coaching above the HS level. So by definition he is extremely privileged to be afforded such a one of a kind opportunity. The fact you appeared to have assumed my claim of privilege was tied to race says more about you than it does me.