*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think they hope to get teams bidding and get it up to a 1st, but you put the price low enough to get teams interested - at least that is my guess.

Mack would be the better choice to trade - he hated the 4-3 when in Oakland even though he played better in it. Doesn't like putting his hand in the dirt.
wonder whomst you plagiarized this from

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Now you have to be a good player in order to be qualified as a good coach?
No but you should have some noteworthy on your resume. Y’all keep crying that the Rooney Rule was unfair because the most qualified people should get the position but Mccown has nothing. His only qualifications was being white at the right time

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don’t think anyone thinks McCown is ready to be a HC. But Houston for some reason seems to think he’s way more ready than anyone else. That’s their right.

And BTW…they didn’t hire him as HC yet, so the point is mute. But it will still go on for another 20 pages…
Moot

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
We all assume he's talking about trading FOR a player. Then he said this:

I think what he is ACTUALLY talking about is that these are the starting discussion numbers on a BEARS player they are going to flip for picks.

If I had to guess, it would be Robert Quinn. MAYBE Khalil Mack. I don't see anyone else on the roster fetching that price. Not even Roquan.
Quinn isn’t worth that much. It could only be Mack

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Lovie Smith deserved another opportunity. For the Texans to be the only team to give McCown an interview when he had no coaching experience outside of High School just means they were dumbasses. But they realized they had a qualified HC already on their roster as assistant HC. Yeah, it's weird that Lovie was not a contender until recently, but its really not a big deal is it?
Might have something to do with Lovie not being there n their plans to begin with. Texans didn’t just come to their senses randomly when they saw Lovie walking the halls like has the the past year. They were all in on making a white guy with zero coaching experience and a mediocre at best playing career thier next HC but the lawsuit happened and I bet they got a call.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
No but you should have some noteworthy on your resume. Y’all keep crying that the Rooney Rule was unfair because the most qualified people should get the position but Mccown has nothing. His only qualifications was being white at the right time
Being white is not a qualification.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think you gotta go for it now while Fields is on his rookie deal. They have 3 years, assuming he develops.

I don't disagree. Just saying that would be the only scenario I can see trading Mack.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
One of them is expendable, because the Bears have a decent 3rd DE in Gipson, and the capital that they might be able to get for Mack can be used in areas where they are thin. Plus getting rid of Mack would open some cap this year and a ton of cap next year. No need to trade both or go into a full rebuild.

I mean if they make all the right choices with that capital and those guys are immediately good then sure but I don't think they are a better team in 2022 or 2023 if you dump Mack. They also already have 90+ million in cap space next year.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don’t think anyone thinks McCown is ready to be a HC. But Houston for some reason seems to think he’s way more ready than anyone else. That’s their right.

And BTW…they didn’t hire him as HC yet, so the point is mute. But it will still go on for another 20 pages…

Yes and it is my right to consider hiring a completely unqualified white HC as privilege. It will go on for 20 pages only if someone keeps trying to tell me I shouldn't feel that way. If you are cool with unqualified white guys getting jobs then do you. I never challenged anyone else's opinion on it. I stated my opinion.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Brian Urlacher is white and he was not considered.

Who the fuck knows dude. Maybe they were turned on by his smile.
Maybe, maybe they saw his play with Trestman ??‍♂️ But you do see the double standard right? Black coaches need to gain experience, need to ace the interview and shouldn’t be forced on to anyone.
Meanwhile Mccown just exist and the Texans are like “HE IS THE ONE”

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Maybe, maybe they saw his play with Trestman ??‍♂️ But you do see the double standard right? Black coaches need to gain experience, need to ace the interview and shouldn’t be forced on to anyone.
Meanwhile Mccown just exist and the Texans are like “HE IS THE ONE”
I agree with the double standard that it is easier for a white coach to be hired or even interviewed.

Just think that it is completely random as fuck to give McCown an interview. I mean he might be underqualified to be the QB coach let alone HC.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Yeah this is idiotic logic.

"We don't need the Rooney rule because people should be allowed whoever is most qualified."

Completely unqualified white dude with no HC experience at any level including Pee Wee is under consideration.

"Well the Texans can hire whoever they want."

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Then why the fuck was Mccown even considered? Why not Bienemy or leftwich who actually have coaching experience?
Maybe Houston was looking for something different in their next HC than YOU as a fan thinks is needed? Maybe they are just a different kind of idiot than you?

Just because it doesn’t make sense to you, or any of us, doesn’t mean it’s racist. That’s just stupid. But this is ccs, so there’s a lot of that to go around…