*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
This was the point where I thought Arob checked out. No way his drops that in years past.
after seeing him last year there is no way you can invest that kind of money in him....he won't come cheap, and you can't afford to take a chance on him.

The Bears have almost zero luxury to miss in free agency.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Didn't see that on spotrac, his cap hit was $5.3 and change.
Idk but

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Tuesday that Houston is signing Tyrod Taylor to an incentive-laden, one-year contract worth up to $12.5 million, but the base salary is less than half that, per a source informed of the pact. Pelissero added Wednesday that Taylor's base value is $5.5 million and the QB's deal includes $2.5 million in guaranteed money.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@remydat

1. Prove where the were going to hire McCown as an establish fact

2. Answer the following question: Was Flores right when he said he was going to be the candidate except for the lawsuit or was McCown the actual choice?

Answer those two and we can end this discussion

1. Sure when you prove that they weren't going to hire him. Otherwise what we are left with is the fact there is more evidence they were going to hire him than there is to the contrary.

2. I already answered this question. I think it is clear Lovie was not the choice until after the lawsuit. There is evidence they would have hired McCown and there is evidence they would have hired Flores as both were reported as finalists prior to the lawsuit. The 3rd guy was Gannon. The distinction here is that while I may believe more in the story that McCown was the choice, Flores is under no such obligation and he has info regarding his conversations that I do not have. So either position is supportable hence why I always said my claim was the lawsuit drove the Texans to hire Lovie. I have never claimed Flores as 100% the choice or McCown as 100% the choice. I have seen no credible evidence that Lovie was a serious contender prior to the lawsuit and you have provided no such evidence.

P.S. Before you say it, Caserio is not a credible source because given the pending lawsuit he would put the Texans and the NFL in legal jeopardy if he admitted he only hired Lovie because of the lawsuit. So the only way we get to the truth is if Flores' case makes it to discovery and he can request all the Texans documents related to the job search.

Last edited:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Great perhaps McCown should put in the work like everyone else and not rely on his privilege to get a HC gig without ever having coached in the NFL.
Oh, I see. If someone thinks he'll make a great coach, they should not hire him because he is white and that would then be privilege.

I didn't hear anyone complaining about privilege when Deion Sanders became a HC in college.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Are there legit people who thought Lovie were in the Texans original plans lol. The Texans wanted Mccown but probably got yanked up by Goodell.
I'm getting major Deja Vu reading this.

Prepare for ten more pages.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Lovie Smith deserved another opportunity. For the Texans to be the only team to give McCown an interview when he had no coaching experience outside of High School just means they were dumbasses. But they realized they had a qualified HC already on their roster as assistant HC. Yeah, it's weird that Lovie was not a contender until recently, but its really not a big deal is it?