*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
honestly though, at that part of the game, I would be shocked if they were stupid enough to communicate it that way.
Texans are an awful organization so it wouldn’t shock me

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Would you guys trade Mack

to suggest it did is pure speculation. As I have mention the Texans are not newcomers to hiring or promoting black head coaches
To say they have hired minorities into the HC position in the past, has nothing to do with claiming this time mitigating factors had a heavy influence into their decision on who to hire.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
honestly though, at that part of the game, I would be shocked if they were stupid enough to communicate it that way.

This is the Texans. A team that interviewed their 3rd string QB for a HC job last year and then instead of pushing him to get a NFL coaching job tried to hire him again this year because he was a great Asst HS coach.

Texans - So how did you improve your resume since the last time we tried to hire you for a job you are unqualified for?

McCown - Well I was Asst HS Coach of my son's team and played a ton of Madden!

Texans - Great that puts you to the top of our list.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
@modo the Texans we’re all in on Mccown, The Texans had no choice but to go somewhere else because of the lawsuit and they weren’t going to hire the guy who was suing the league. Enter Lovie Smith, former HC and black. Bet he doesn’t last two full seasons in that HC position and if the Texans still have an erection for Mccown, he’ll be the coach

dennehy

Liked Posts:
There's no doubt that they wanted McCown.

The articles that have come out about Easterby and Cal McNair are freaking hilarious. Not sure if this one has been posted:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@modo the Texans we’re all in on Mccown, The Texans had no choice but to go somewhere else because of the lawsuit and they weren’t going to hire the guy who was suing the league. Enter Lovie Smith, former HC and black. Bet he doesn’t last two full seasons in that HC position and if the Texans still have an erection for Mccown, he’ll be the coach

If McCown joins the staff and then gets promoted to HC after they dump Lovie, Modo is going to claim it is just coincidence.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Josh McCown would have gotten them another #1 overall draft pick. Not sure why they would even consider him. I feel bad for Lovie. He deserves a better team

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It is really strange to see a Bears fan on a Bears message board white knight for an organization and ownership that makes the Bears and McCaskey's look like the Pats and Robert Kraft.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol you are full of shit. This is what you said.

1. You claim McCown was not in the Texans plans. This is stupid because Jack Easterby is the EVP of Football Operations and is the one that liked McCown so yes he was in the Texans original plans.

2. You claim someone convinced the Texans to interview him. You did not say the GM but the Texans ie the org. So there is no other way to interpret this as you thought it was someone outside the Texans org when in fact it was the guy that fucking runs football operations.

3. You then claim he was not at the top of the list when he was one of only 3 candidates to have been interviewed twice.

You literally was wrong on every major element od this post and now trying to backpedal faster than Darralle Revis in his prime.
that was when we were knee deep in a Remy vortex. I also never claimed McCown was not in their plans. He was obviously one of the finalists. They told McCown they weren't going to hire him.

I originally said the Flores was disrespecting Lovie.

You said Flores was right.

Here's what Flores layers statement said:

" it is obvious that the only reason Mr. Flores was not selected was his decision to stand up against racial inequality across the NFL."

so, was Flores right, as you stated or was it really McCown that was the choice.

Flores claimed he would have been the choice, but you claimed McCown was the choice, but you also claimed Flores was right...

so again here we are:

1644357660439.png

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Josh McCown would have gotten them another #1 overall draft pick. Not sure why they would even consider him. I feel bad for Lovie. He deserves a better team
Why does Lovie deserve a better team? He's a mediocre coach who has done nothing in almost a decade.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
For the love of fucking Jesus Christ...

Has anyone read Flores' statement?

Flores claimed he was going to be the candidate except the lawsuit prevented it.
That's what I am disputing.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
that was when we were knee deep in a Remy vortex. I also never claimed McCown was not in their plans. He was obviously one of the finalists. They told McCown they weren't going to hire him.

I originally said the Flores was disrespecting Lovie.

You said Flores was right.

Here's what Flores layers statement said:

" it is obvious that the only reason Mr. Flores was not selected was his decision to stand up against racial inequality across the NFL."

so, was Flores right, as you stated or was it really McCown that was the choice.

Flores claimed he would have been the choice, but you claimed McCown was the choice, but you also claimed Flores was right...

so again here we are:

View attachment 17533
Jesus dude. I quoted you.

As what I have seen posted there were 3 people in the running...one was Flores, one was McCown and people speculated on the third. McCown was not in their original plans but someone convinced the Texans to interview him, but he wasn't at the top of the list. McCown still may find a spot as an assistant coach.

1. Your claim was he was not in their original plans. False. Easterby has had a hard on for him since last year.

2. You claim he wasn't at the top of the lists. False. You just admitted he was one of the finalists.

He is right though. Lovie was a last minute interview after the lawsuit made Flores and McCown risky hires.

He is right about the lawsuit being the reason Lovie is hired. He is wrong about him being the top candidate. There are two parts to his allegation.

1. The lawsuit impacted the decision. He is correct here.

2. He would be the coach if not for the lawsuit. He is incorrect or at best this is unknown given the reporting on McCown.

At no point did I claim 2 was right. I was referring to one hence why I referenced Flores and McCown in my comments. It is not my fault you can't read and comprehend. There is no way to read my reference to Flores and McCown and conclude I thought he was right that he was the shoo in for the job.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
For the love of fucking Jesus Christ...

Has anyone read Flores' statement?

Flores claimed he was going to be the candidate except the lawsuit prevented it.
That's what I am disputing.

Nope you were also claiming they weren't going to hire McCown, that someone outside the Texans recommended him, and that he was not one of the top candidates.