*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
yes they did, the first go around. I didn't say it was this year specific. He came onto their radar last year after someone convinced them to talk to him. Pretty sure they are going to try and work him onto their staff.

It was rumored to be their favorite, thats it. Twitter talk is cheap. And that was only from a single source.

In fact the GM in a live interview today said there were 6 candidates in the mix.

Umm no. The Texans signed McCown as a player in Nov 2020. He actually interviewed for the HC job while still signed as a player as he was not officially released by the Texans as a player until March 2021 after he had interviewed for HC in Jan 2021.

No it wasn't from a single source. Multiple sources confirmed he was the favorite and again the local Texans writer reported he McCown was set to be hired.

The GM isn't going to admit they bailed on Flores and McCown due to the lawsuit as that would obviously aid Flores' lawsuit.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
@remydat

It was John McClain that started the rumors and everyone fed from that....

Here are some other John McClain goodies:

"The Texans will never trade Deshaun Watson"

"The Jets are the only viable option for a Watson Trade"

"Watson about to be traded to Dolphins"

...Erik Lambert has a better track record than McClain...

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So tired of these nobody losers on Twitter who’s only contribution to Bears talk is allegedly repeating what someone told them. No FBI(Football Intelligence) *Jim Miller voice*.

Chicago has wonderful sports journalists and meatballs keep going to guys who work part time at Papa John’s for sports info.

He’s calling it as he sees it. Bears being secretive over this stuff are dumb and George is a liar for acting like it has anything to do with the privacy of his employees.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
True - but Adams is a rare receiver. Look how long Larry Fitzgerald was good for. Adams could be that dude too.

I do agree its the longest of longshots.

But I remember people saying the same shit about Peppers coming here, or the Bears trading for Cutler. Once in a great while, those long shots do come in....

And shit, I came up with my idea based on the Bears not paying him long term- what if they did and backloaded the shit out of that thing?
And please remind the class the length of Julius Peppers' contract for the Bears again?

These things are possible, but not with a the ridiculous stipulations you are suggesting. Just don't get excited.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
So tired of these nobody losers on Twitter who’s only contribution to Bears talk is allegedly repeating what someone told them. No FBI(Football Intelligence) *Jim Miller voice*.

Chicago has wonderful sports journalists and meatballs keep going to guys who work part time at Papa John’s for sports info.

He’s calling it as he sees it. Bears being secretive over this stuff are dumb and George is a liar for acting like it has anything to do with the privacy of his employees.
George doesn’t let the contract length out so no one calls him cheap for hanging onto fraud ass losers like he did with naggy and pace

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@remydat

It was John McClain that started the rumors and everyone fed from that....

Here are some other John McClain goodies:

"The Texans will never trade Deshaun Watson"

"The Jets are the only viable option for a Watson Trade"

"Watson about to be traded to Dolphins"

...Erik Lambert has a better track record than McClain...

There is a difference between an opinion vs reporting based on sources. I trust McClain more than the dude claiming someone encouraged them to interview McCown when he was already signed as a player or when you claim McCown was not a finalist when he, Flores and Gannon were the people that interviewed twice for the job. Or someone that thinks Lovie and Batman interviewed in secret and this poorly run franchise kept it hidden from everyone.

"Once [Texans GM Nick] Caserio fired Culley after a 4-13 season, he began the search for the new coach. McCown was highly recommended by executive vice president of football operations Jack Easterby.

"McCown, Flores and Philadelphia defensive coordinator Jonathan Gannon were the finalists. They interviewed two times each. Gannon was informed over the weekend he was no longer in the picture.

"Once Flores filed his lawsuit, pointing specifically to the Dolphins, Giants and Broncos but including the Texans and every other team, he wasn’t going to get hired by the people he was suing.

"[...] The Texans knew they were going to get ridiculed for hiring McCown with no college or NFL coaching experience. Hiring him at the expense of a more experienced minority became a deal-breaker, so they reached out to Smith.
"There were reports McCown turned down the job, which isn’t true. Although he’ll never admit it, Caserio changed his mind. And the general manager has it in his six-year contract that he gets final say. The McNair family approved his pivot from McCown to Smith."

"There were reports McCown turned down the job, which isn’t true. Although he’ll never admit it, Caserio changed his mind. And the general manager has it in his six-year contract that he gets final say. The McNair family approved his pivot from McCown to Smith."

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
And please remind the class the length of Julius Peppers' contract for the Bears again?

These things are possible, but not with a the ridiculous stipulations you are suggesting. Just don't get excited.

Just brainstorming. Honestly 99% of the shit we come up with as fans ends up being off base. If we were as good as we all thought we were, we'd be working for an NFL team - that's why I don't mind it as much unless its really egregious (like the idiots trying to trade Fields).

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is a difference between an opinion vs reporting based on sources. I trust McClain more than the dude claiming someone encouraged them to interview McCown when he was already signed as a player or when you claim McCown was not a finalist when he, Flores and Gannon were the people that interviewed twice for the job. Or someone that thinks Lovie and Batman interviewed in secret and this poorly run franchise kept it hidden from everyone.

"Once [Texans GM Nick] Caserio fired Culley after a 4-13 season, he began the search for the new coach. McCown was highly recommended by executive vice president of football operations Jack Easterby.

"McCown, Flores and Philadelphia defensive coordinator Jonathan Gannon were the finalists. They interviewed two times each. Gannon was informed over the weekend he was no longer in the picture.

"Once Flores filed his lawsuit, pointing specifically to the Dolphins, Giants and Broncos but including the Texans and every other team, he wasn’t going to get hired by the people he was suing.

"[...] The Texans knew they were going to get ridiculed for hiring McCown with no college or NFL coaching experience. Hiring him at the expense of a more experienced minority became a deal-breaker, so they reached out to Smith.

I literally told you that someone convinced them to interview McCown...thanks for confirming that.

I know all the above rumored info....

McClain was the first one to claim McCown was going to be offered the job. Everyone bit off that.

The GM today said there were 6 candidates all in the running.

And as I mentioned the teams don't divulge every piece of info to the public....how do you not understand that.

Here's the fun part to all this:

The original claim here is that Flores was going to be the candidate except for the lawsuit....
So either McCown was actually going to be the candidate like you claim, or there were other candidates...

Your vortexing completely took you off the argument that Flores was the shoe in candidate except for the lawsuit

1644355368077.png

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I literally told you that someone convinced them to interview McCown...thanks for confirming that.

I know all the above rumored info....

McClain was the first one to claim McCown was going to be offered the job. Everyone bit off that.

The GM today said there were 6 candidates all in the running.

And as I mentioned the teams don't divulge every piece of info to the public....how do you not understand that.

Here's the fun part to all this:

The original claim here is that Flores was going to be the candidate except for the lawsuit....
So either McCown was actually going to be the candidate like you claim, or there were other candidates...

Your vortexing completely took you off the argument that Flores was the shoe in candidate except for the lawsuit

View attachment 17532

Are you dense? Jack Easterby works for the Texans. He is the EVP that pushed for Caserio to be hired as they are both from Pats org. So you are stupidly saying the Texans EVP recommended McCown to his subordinate ie the Texans GM Caserio. It is the same org dum dum. My point had always been the Texans loved him. Easterby is a part of the Texans dummy.

And no. I said Flores was right that Lovie was hired because of the lawsuit. My argument is that if not for the lawsuit it would have been Flores or McCown not Lovie.

He is right though. Lovie was a last minute interview after the lawsuit made Flores and McCown risky hires.

My original post. I said Flores and McCown. Reading Comprehension is fundamental.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are you dense? Jack Easterby works for the Texans. He is the EVP that pushed for Caserio to be hired as they are both from Pats org. So you are stupidly saying the Texans EVP recommended McCown to his subordinate ie the Texans GM Caserio. It is the same org dum dum. My point had always been the Texans loved him. Easterby is a part of the Texans dummy.

And no. I said Flores was right that Lovie was hired because of the lawsuit. My argument is that if not for the lawsuit it would have been Flores or McCown not Lovie.
An internal party was pushing for McCown to be interviewed....an organization doesn't think with a single brain.....how do you not know this....

My argument was that Flores was a dick for throwing Lovie under the bus and assuming he was the preferred candidate....

Thats all I argued

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The problem with this is if it gets to discovery and Flores requests communications and emails from Texans and it is revealed Lovie was not a top choice until after the lawsuit or that they wanted to hire McCown but changed their minds due to the lawsuit.
honestly though, at that part of the game, I would be shocked if they were stupid enough to communicate it that way.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
An internal party was pushing for McCown to be interviewed....an organization doesn't think with a single brain.....how do you not know this....

My argument was that Flores was a dick for throwing Lovie under the bus and assuming he was the preferred candidate....

Thats all I argued

Lol you are full of shit. This is what you said.

As what I have seen posted there were 3 people in the running...one was Flores, one was McCown and people speculated on the third. McCown was not in their original plans but someone convinced the Texans to interview him, but he wasn't at the top of the list. McCown still may find a spot as an assistant coach.

1. You claim McCown was not in the Texans plans. This is stupid because Jack Easterby is the EVP of Football Operations and is the one that liked McCown so yes he was in the Texans original plans. Easterby as EVP of FO is one of the main guys that formulates the plan.

2. You claim someone convinced the Texans to interview him. You did not say the GM but the Texans ie the org. So there is no other way to interpret this as you thought it was someone outside the Texans org when in fact it was the guy that fucking runs football operations for Texans.

3. You then claim he was not at the top of the list when he was one of only 3 candidates to have been interviewed twice.

You literally were wrong on every major element of this post and now trying to backpedal faster than Darralle Revis in his prime.