Heavily Medicated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Because they have had bad dumb coaches.

More and more, I think Eberflus got the job because he wants to establish an institutional identity that won't be drastically impacted by a departing coordinator.

The Bears tried that on defense when Fangio left...it was Pagano who had to learn the Bears system and terminology. It failed, but I'm not saying I don't want the Bears to do what you are suggesting. They should absolutely establish "The Bears system of offense."

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
This shit is why I'm starting to get hyped.

This front office and this coaching staff appear to not fuck around with regards to how important they view the offensive line.

It seriously seems like this crew wants to build the biggest, nastiest, most well coached offensive line in the NFL. There's just no fucking around with these guys.

If they coach as aggressive as they fill out their front office and coaching staff, we seriously have a good one right here....
Agreed

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I don't know.

Did Garrett throw his coaches and players under the bus as often as Nagy?
I stick by my comments earlier, Garrett is trash he had lot's of talent in Dallas and wasted it year after year. How many division titles or playoff wins did he have? Jerry stayed with him years to long, Fans hated him didn't last long in NY, I really think he's as bad as Nagy!!! Uninspiring.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The Bears tried that on defense when Fangio left...it was Pagano who had to learn the Bears system and terminology. It failed, but I'm not saying I don't want the Bears to do what you are suggesting. They should absolutely establish "The Bears system of offense."
Not exactly. They ran pagano's defense but used fangio's terminology. That wouldn't be the same as pagano running Fangio's defense.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Only two backers on the field in a base 4-2-5 which is the majority of the snaps. Ogletree would be fine.
No MLB, Ogletree and Danny cannot cover deep middle

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bill Callahan is from the Chicago area. I actually ran into him a couple of times in a long gone Wheaton banquet hall years ago. Very friendly, unassuming guy..... I hope he signs on.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I stick by my comments earlier, Garrett is trash he had lot's of talent in Dallas and wasted it year after year. How many division titles or playoff wins did he have? Jerry stayed with him years to long, Fans hated him didn't last long in NY, I really think he's as bad as Nagy!!! Uninspiring.
And I stick by my comments too.

Garrett might have been bad like Nagy in lots of ways, but if he didn't throw his players and coaches under the bus, he could not have been as bad as Nagy.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Because they have had bad dumb coaches.

More and more, I think Eberflus got the job because he wants to establish an institutional identity that won't be drastically impacted by a departing coordinator.
So ... institutionalized.

lennybrisco

Liked Posts:
Here's the thing, and why I think this whole "If justin only gets one year with the OC he's ruined!" take is really stupid in this particular case.

I don't know how many people saw the tweet, but Eberfleus wants to create a system SPECIFICALLY for Fields.

What that means is, whatever they design, if the OC leaves, a new OC will be running THAT system, NOT his own. That will create a lot more stability even if OCs come and go - it will truly be the Bears offense and establish an identity.

Now, I am sure a new OC will be able to add wrinkles here or there, but the tailor-made offense for Fields will be staying HERE with the Bears.

Its the smartest way to do it when you believe you have the QB right. Because it mitigates OC instability.

And even if they leave, the offense Fields needs now isn't the one he needs in 2 or 3 years. Either way it should grow and evolve with him. Maybe new OC will be what you need to keep growing that system.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
And even if they leave, the offense Fields needs now isn't the one he needs in 2 or 3 years. Either way it should grow and evolve with him. Maybe new OC will be what you need to keep growing that system.

Exactly. The base and terminology stays the same, but each new OC will bring their own wrinkles, which will offset any "playbook secrets" an exiting OC would be able to take with him.