CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Age is not really an issue at that position. We’ve seen numerous tackles play well at a later age. Injury is a concern but the price reflects that. I’ll wait and see how things go but if LT is an issue this year then Poles fucked up. Again, need to see how the plan comes together first though.
It is an issue with this team because they are trying to get younger. Either way, I am comfortable with Jenkins and Borom with another veteran tackle brought in to compete or be the swing tackle (they have the potential to be really good if healthy). Not sure what everyone was expecting with these two guys as they were rookies last year. To me, the weakness on the Bears last year was at center and interior of the line. Mustipher was so bad that he made it much harder on the rookies. I was also not happy with the guard play.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Curious what moneyzzz we can get Fischer for

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
It is an issue with this team because they are trying to get younger. Either way, I am comfortable with Jenkins and Borom with another veteran tackle brought in to compete or be the swing tackle (they have the potential to be really good if healthy). Not sure what everyone was expecting with these two guys as they were rookies last year. To me, the weakness on the Bears last year was at center and interior of the line. Mustipher was so bad that he made it much harder on the rookies. I was also not happy with the guard play.
If you have the opportunity for an elite LT to protect your franchise qb, you should probably take it.

SpinachTeeth

Liked Posts:
This isn't a one way street though. The money a guy may agree to in one location/team is not necessarily the same money that it would take another team to sign him. The Bears could very well have offered or expressed a willingness to pay more - that doesn't mean he has to take it.

For example, no income tax in Florida means he can take a little less for a team in Florida and still clear more than he would in Chicago or for a California team.

Likewise, after spending years in New Orleans and in the south...he may not have wanted to go up to the north unless there really was no other option. Having lived in the south for many years myself, I can attest that it is a mental hurdle to overcome to be willing to move back to deal with things like the cold and snow.

Fair point, and point taken.

Just wish we tried harder - I know we may not know all the details, but it seems like there's only been rumblings of our "interest" in Armstead, where it was very obvious the Dolphins were going hard at him. Are we going half-assed at the other O-line and free agents?

That Athletic article from today gave the same sense - Cunningham "convinced" Poles to spread out money among mid tier agents rather than the higher impact ones - at some point some positions are worth spending for. Will we hit 2023 with 130 million in cap space and still keep the same philosophy? I'm not sure it's even a given we'll spend next year.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Curious what moneyzzz we can get Fischer for
They should get turner, bates and fisher. Lt- fisher lg- bates c - Lucas rg - turner rt - Jenkins. If fisher doesn't rebound this year turner can kick out to lt. Leaves borom as a swing T and a lot of versatility inside especially if they decided to keep whitehair

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
They should get turner, bates and fisher. Lt- fisher lg- bates c - Lucas rg - turner rt - Jenkins. If fisher doesn't rebound this year turner can kick out to lt. Leaves borom as a swing T and a lot of versatility inside especially if they decided to keep whitehair
I could get behind this and double dip at WR with the 2’s.

Liked Posts:
Not a bad deal. Elite talent for sure, always hurt though. If he stays relatively healthy it’s a steal….big IF though.