*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Could be.

Yes, and with the Bills matching the Bears offer sheet proves that. Only 25 and now the Bills starting OG on a Super Bowl contending team. This is an L for Poles.
It proves that the Bills think highly of him. It doesn't prove he will turn out to be good. He has started like 6 games in his career. And furthermore, this is not some earth shattering deal. A lot of guards make way more than this.

It's an L for Poles but most likely means very little in the grand scheme of things.

Rise

Liked Posts:
This guy is to stingy with his money. That contract is so low no wonder the bills matched. He needed to give him over 6.2 million and then they could not have matched.

He is like the corporate boss with a National company credit card who takes you to McDonald’s.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
The Bears need to draft a LT. And they need to draft a number 1 WR. And they need those players to develop into good players. They were not going to get those 2 positions cleared up in free agency. Let's not get wrapped up in this Bates crap. It's just a distraction.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pass block win rate is based on whether the OL holds their blocks for 2.5 seconds. As Fields was 2nd in the NFL in air yards the obvious answer is the Bears had a lot of longer developing deeper routes that required holding blocks for longer than 2.5 seconds.

Hence one of the things Getsy has stressed is getting the ball out quicker and picking your spots to throw deep.

That would be dumb as performance and pay is not peefectly correlated. Guys are over and under valued all the time. I thought that obvious considering you guys spent 72m for Golladay and have nothing to show for it. Meanwhile your best WR made less than 1m last year.

Proving once again you have your head in your ass .

Golladay left the Lions because Detroit did not think he was worth that much.
Ergo Detroit getting a 3rd compensatory pick

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Yes, and with the Bills matching the Bears offer sheet proves that. Only 25 and now the Bills starting OG on a Super Bowl contending team. This is an L for Poles.
No doubt. He's a 25 year old ascending player who we now know 2 teams were willing to pay $4 mil per year on average for. I'd want that over a journeyman any day of the week.

On the flip side, it's only $4 mil per year, basically the same amount Lucas Patrick got from us. Unless he exceeded expectations quite a bit, it's not like we were securing a pro-bowler here. The drop off from him to a guy like Trai Turner isn't likely to be all that big. So while swinging and missing sucks, at least we weren't pinning our hopes on bringing in Brandon Scherff.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The Bears need to draft a LT. And they need to draft a number 1 WR. And they need those players to develop into good players. They were not going to get those 2 positions cleared up in free agency. Let's not get wrapped up in this Bates crap. It's just a distraction.

That's why I think they make due this year and end up tanking more or less.

Get a top 10 pick next year to draft your stud LT.

Rise

Liked Posts:
That's why I think they make due this year and end up tanking more or less.

Get a top 10 pick next year to draft your stud LT.

Then Fields is ruined and it’s back to square one, it never ends.