*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Newsflash to Poles and Cunningham.

This moneyball bullshit only works when you have a good team that players want to come play for!

When you're shitty like the Bears you have to overpay, that's the reason we've been overpaying for 30 plus years!

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Newsflash to Poles and Cunningham.

This moneyball bullshit only works when you have a good team that players want to come play for!

When you're shitty like the Bears you have to overpay, that's the reason we've been overpaying for 30 plus years!
Gotta rip the band aid off eventually. I still like the way he's operating but will say that the potential pool of guys who can help us is dwindling.

Considering Poles was planning on having Bates in the fold by tomorrow morning at the latest, it'd be nice to see him bring in someone else within that same timeframe and it wouldn't stop him from continuing to look at additional O line options.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bates...............

I think I just spit my soda out my nose.

all hail the Bears O-line

Can't make this shit up.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Why is Fields ruined?

I was responding to a post about if we tank next year. Which means he is running for his life with nobody open. Horrible for the development and long term prognosis of a young qb.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
No doubt. He's a 25 year old ascending player who we now know 2 teams were willing to pay $4 mil per year on average for. I'd want that over a journeyman any day of the week.

On the flip side, it's only $4 mil per year, basically the same amount Lucas Patrick got from us. Unless he exceeded expectations quite a bit, it's not like we were securing a pro-bowler here. The drop off from him to a guy like Trai Turner isn't likely to be all that big. So while swinging and missing sucks, at least we weren't pinning our hopes on bringing in Brandon Scherff.
True very true. Would have loved to have Bates as he would have been an improvement over Daniels. Lost out on him so now it is time to move on to the next guy on the list. Trai Turner on a one year deal still would improve the line, then add a veteran LT, Fisher/Brown and add another LT high in the draft to groom behind the vet.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Why do stupid people like this say we’re “sacrificing” this coming season, and act like it’s Poles’ fault? He’s doing what he needs to do to get us out of cap hell mediocrity to have a chance to contend.

Exactly. This upcoming year was going to suck regardless.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Why do stupid people like this say we’re “sacrificing” this coming season, and act like it’s Poles’ fault? He’s doing what he needs to do to get us out of cap hell mediocrity to have a chance to contend.
Weren’t you one of the stupid people that wanted to keep pace ?