*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Not a fan of this narrative. Poles is a rookie GM. Not sure being one of ‘his guys’ is a good thing at this point.

This is all spin for Poles not helping out the QB position this off-season really. Like really? Not helping by far the most important position in the game? And the reasoning is basically that Fields doesn’t need help? Lol

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Not a fan of this narrative. Poles is a rookie GM. Not sure being one of ‘his guys’ is a good thing at this point.

This is all spin for Poles not helping out the QB position this off-season really. Like really? Not helping by far the most important position in the game? And the reasoning is basically that Fields doesn’t need help? Lol
Agreed. I know he went with this board and BPA. It is difficult to build it all up in one year but Fields’ development should have played a bigger role. A lot is put on him and Mooney to make it work.

If he is the real deal, he will elevate everyone around him next year, but it would have been nice to have assisted in that elevation. Time will tell. Josh Allen’s trajectory is one in a million, or at least it feels that way. They are in a similar situation as Buffalo was and Josh struggled that year.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

I've said this a bunch of times, but it's not all or nothing. Poles can believe Fields is the guy without basically forcing that belief. If Poles went out and traded for one of the WRs that was on the market (Hill, Cooper, AJ Brown) and signed Armstead, which admittedly I wanted them to do, then what happens if he's wrong and Fields is not the guy? So, you paid all this money for guys that are protecting or receiving from a bust. By the time you fix the QB position, Armstead would be old and probably a FA. Brown will be wasted with mediocre numbers from a bad QB. And valuable picks would have been traded away. Most importantly to Poles, he would likely be fired for spending a bunch of money and not being able to develop a QB with high level talent around him.

But if you wait to add big pieces until you confirm your beliefs about Fields, then you aren't wasting money, talent and picks because you already have the QB in place.