*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I said draft or FA. I don't care. Jenkins was a RT in college, Borom was a RT. There isn't a 'legit' LT on this roster. So yes, it is a repeat of 2021.

When did you become an OL coach? Again we dont know if we have a legit left tackle until they play the games. Jenkins played some LT in college. Braxton Jones played LT in college. Julian Davenport has played LT in the NFL. And Borom played LT last year in the NFL.

Now explain to me your evaluation process for determining if they are legit LTs? What skills are you looking for?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Les, seriously just waiting for you to yell at people to get off your lawn - coming off as an ole fart. :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though - if you REALLY want to take a 10,000 ft view of it - the issue here is that some Bears fans are pissed that Poles doesn't have the same urgency as they do.

It's like having a completely broken down car classic car that someone is planning on completely restoring minus the steering wheel, and right when the person doing it gets started, people are pissed that the restorer fixed the brakes first instead of the gas.

Point is, you are still going nowhere because you don't have enough parts. And in the professional restorer's eyes, who should know about parts, who makes them, quality etc. he saw 2 top of the line break parts he decided to get because he wanted quality, instead of just grabbing the cheap shit of a bunch of parts for the thrill of making the car drivable for a little bit, even though its sure to break down pretty quick because of the inferior parts.

Fans always say they want the right things and then lack the patience for it to actually happen.

Has it never crossed your mind that Fields and Poles may have talked and he told Justin "look - next year is going to SUCK, but there are too many holes to fill. Just know that I am not evaluating you based on the surrounding talent next year. Work on improving yourself, and we'll get there eventually, but I am not going to get a guy just to say "I got a guy". I want to give you the right guys, and there are not a lot of them in my opinion this year. So don't be surprised if we fill holes on defense first. We haven't forgotten about you or given up on you - we want to overall give you the best team to lead on both sides of the ball, and we all realize this is going to take time. We'll be patient with you, so you gotta be patient with us."

Or is that too reasonable a take for all the dick ripping going on? Yes, 2022 will likely suck. That's news to NO ONE.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
When did you become an OL coach? Again we dont know if we have a legit left tackle until they play the games. Jenkins played some LT in college. Braxton Jones played LT in college. Julian Davenport has played LT in the NFL. And Borom played LT last year in the NFL.

Now explain to me your evaluation process for determining if they are legit LTs? What skills are you looking for?
Since when did you? Lol fuck off

What does your PFF pals say about Jenkins and Larry B (at LT) ? It's not speculation it's a fact that the Bears aren't settled at LT.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Since when did you? Lol fuck off

I did not hence why I said WE dont know.

You guys really struggle with English. You guys are claiming you know for a fact our OL or WRs suck. I am not claiming they are good. I am claiming WE (including me) dont know so perhaps we should wait instead of whine all offseason about it.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Les, seriously just waiting for you to yell at people to get off your lawn - coming off as an ole fart. :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though - if you REALLY want to take a 10,000 ft view of it - the issue here is that some Bears fans are pissed that Poles doesn't have the same urgency as they do.

It's like having a completely broken down car classic car that someone is planning on completely restoring minus the steering wheel, and right when the person doing it gets started, people are pissed that the restorer fixed the brakes first instead of the gas.

Point is, you are still going nowhere because you don't have enough parts. And in the professional restorer's eyes, who should know about parts, who makes them, quality etc. he saw 2 top of the line break parts he decided to get because he wanted quality, instead of just grabbing the cheap shit of a bunch of parts for the thrill of making the car drivable for a little bit, even though its sure to break down pretty quick because of the inferior parts.

Fans always say they want the right things and then lack the patience for it to actually happen.

Has it never crossed your mind that Fields and Poles may have talked and he told Justin "look - next year is going to SUCK, but there are too many holes to fill. Just know that I am not evaluating you based on the surrounding talent next year. Work on improving yourself, and we'll get there eventually, but I am not going to get a guy just to say "I got a guy". I want to give you the right guys, and there are not a lot of them in my opinion this year. So don't be surprised if we fill holes on defense first. We haven't forgotten about you or given up on you - we want to overall give you the best team to lead on both sides of the ball, and we all realize this is going to take time. We'll be patient with you, so you gotta be patient with us."

Or is that too reasonable a take for all the dick ripping going on? Yes, 2022 will likely suck. That's news to NO ONE.
@gpphat look at this long ass analogy

also @everyone look at the fan fiction conversation an NFL exec and his QB are having inside Teddy's head lmfao

Cringed so hard I pooped a tooth.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I did not hence why I said WE dont know.

You guys really struggle with English. You guys are claiming you know for a fact our OL or WRs suck. I am not claiming they are good. I am claiming WE (including me)
dont know so perhaps we should wait instead of whine all offseason about it.

Who said they suck ? I never said Larry B or Jenkins suck. What I have said is that it is the same situation as 2021., which it is and actually worse because they were able to get Peters off of a boat and he played as good as you could hope for., and the backup plan(s) are late round draft picks, sound familiar ?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Who said they suck ? I never said Larry B or Jenkins suck. What I have said is that it is the same situation as 2021., which it is and actually worse because they were able to get Peters off of a boat and he played as good as you could hope for., and the backup plan(s) are late round draft picks, sound familiar ?

But again it isnt because Borom and Jenkins will be in their 2nd year. You do realize it is possible for players to improve? It is also possible that having Jenkins for an entire season will be good for the OL as he was injured most of last year.

All you are doing is stupidly pretending that just because it is the same 2 players, nothing has changed year over year which is absurd.

I have no problem with people being concerned. But some of you are just exaggerating and flat out lying about the situation.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
But again it isnt because Borom and Jenkins will be in their 2nd year. You do realize it is possible for players to improve? It is also possible that having Jenkins for an entire season will be good for the OL as he was injured most of ladt year.

All you are doing is stupidly pretending that just because it is the same 2 players, nothing has changed year over year which is absurd.

Of course, TJ was and should be an immediate starter. I wasn't going to shit on Pace for moving up to select him because he did SOMETHING but we could have drafted the most season LT in the draft and not given up so much., instead of drafting a RT and hoping he can develop into a LT, which is my point.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Of course, TJ was and should be an immediate starter. I wasn't going to shit on Pace for moving up to select him because he did SOMETHING but we could have drafted the most season LT in the draft and not given up so much., instead of drafting a RT and hoping he can develop into a LT, which is my point.

What Pace did is over and done with. You said we dont have a legit LT and my point was simply we dont know that yet. A lot of that will depend on how they look when the pads come on so getting all worked up now is a bit silly. Is your life going to emd if you exhibit some patience and see how the OL looks in TC and preseason?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
How exactly does Poles "believe in Fields without basically forcing that belief"? By doing nothing? That's doesn't make sense to me.

Look, Poles could get lucky and Fields could turn out to be a stud without the supporting cast, but it's still not a smart move imo. You also can't believe that players aren't always going to "rise above" regardless of their situation. As a GM or coach, you have to think that you play a part in developing a player, especially QB.

There's a reason why so many people point to HOU as an example of how a team can "ruin" a QB, a la Carr.

Except you're setting up the next guy for failure by not investing in a legit LT., whether that was in the draft or FA. I get the receiver, at least I can be sold on that but not protection.

It's a repeat of 2021 hoping that either Borom or Jenkins works out
Like I said, adding big contracts that are largely QB dependent (like I used in my example of a WR and an older OT) probably aren't wise ideas if you don't know if you have the QB.

And keep in mind, I'm NOT saying I agree with this strategy, because like was said, there's really no reason to NOT add OL help. You can get young OL who may be still good enough to protect the next guy, if Fields ain't it. But my example of Armstead, I used specifically because of his age. If the Bears were able to get a 26-year old OL, I'm sure they would have signed him to a long-term deal (actually did with Patrick). But everyone would probably still be crying about it not being enough help.

Again, not saying it's what I would have done. But it makes sense what Poles did. I don't think he's looking for Fields to "rise above" his supporting cast, necessarily. But I do think they want to see certain things from him improved from last year. They want to see him get rid of the ball quicker and not take as many sacks. They want to see him improve the turnovers (mostly fumbles and a couple INTs were bad reads). I think Poles fully believes he will show that improvement, but I think he's also hedging his bets in case he doesn't.

When Poles got hired, he didn't know Fields well, maybe didn't even meet him yet. He knows what kind of talent he is. He probably has good word on what kind of person he is as well. But until you see with your own eyes how he responds to your hand-picked coaches and a new scheme, then he's probably wise to not go all in on Fields like the Chargers did with Herbert. Fields didn't perform like a rookie Herbert. Sure, it's likely due to the shitshow of Pace/Nagy, but there's a part that could be just Fields not being good enough.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
When are people going to realize that late round picks are crap shoots? He drafted some OL late in the draft. Yay. More Larry Boroms and Jamarcus Webbs.

Poles didn’t make any impactful moves in FA to help his QB, and all he really did in the draft is bolster the defense.

Poles is playing a risky game. If you want a successful team, the future is the QB.
Yes, but the future isn't 100% THIS QB. Fields could fail. Poles doesn't want to ruin future success by putting all his eggs in the "Fields is great" basket, because there's a chance he isn't. And Fields, as talented as he may be, is still someone else's QB. And that someone else (Pace) was fired, largely because of his moves at the QB position.

Like Fields or not (and I love him), it's hard to fault Poles for not risking his job solely on Fields being great. Because if you build the team as if Fields is already great, and he fails. Ownership will look at it as Poles not being able to develop Fields while surrounding him with a bunch of talent. They won't say, "oh well, maybe Pace picked the wrong guy".