*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Not to be a stickler Adam Rank, but it implies, not infers. One infers what is implied from subtext.

Either way, I agree with their rebuttal and refutation of the national narrative. These fuckwits would have preferred we would have kept Pace and watch him wheel and deal and being in more over priced vets as he outbid his own dumbass.

Fuck Ross who the fuck are you Tucker.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Not to be a stickler Adam Rank, but it implies, not infers. One indeed what is implied from subtext.

Either way, I agree with their rebuttal and refutation of the national narrative. These fuckwits would have preferred we would have kept Pace and watch him wheel and deal and being in more over priced vets as he outbid his own dumbass.

I really don't think they imply that. They are concluding that Poles didn't make sufficient moves. That doesn't mean that they wanted to keep the prior regime. Only time will tell

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not to be a stickler Adam Rank, but it implies, not infers. One indeed what is implied from subtext.

Going to have to side with Ross here.

Get drafted by coach/GM on hot seat - Fact

-Bad offensive line - Fact

-Lack of weapons - Fact

He then goes on to say the Bears MAY have the worst O-line and WR's in the NFL ,,,,,,they might, or they might not. It's not wrong to say it however.

Greg Gabriel is more wrong when he says this team is better than the '21 team, but time will tell.

Not sure that he implies at all the Bears should have kept Nagy/Pace. At least I did not take it that way, I took it as the Nagy/Pace should have been either gone last year, or not allowed to trade up for Fields.

Which leads to an interesting question, what would Poles have done if he was the GM in 2021?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really don't think they imply that. They are concluding that Poles didn't make sufficient moves. That doesn't mean that they wanted to keep the prior regime. Only time will tell

You might want to change your opinion because I agree with you.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
They are saying the team will be much worse record-wise, even though the talent on the field stands to not be much different at all, and with an easier schedule. So yes, they are in fact saying Nagy and Pace were better.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

He said changing coach and scheme is a negative.

Not when its getting rid of Matt Nagy and company

Canth

Liked Posts:

I get what EL is trying to say, but the headline of "Eberflus Let Slip" kind of low key irritates me. He didn't "let slip" anything. Rich Eisen asked him about what they are planning for Justin Fields and he answered. I think we have gotten so used to some coaches talking complete bs that we get surprised when you have one in Eberflus that gives slightly more direct answers...eventually.

I have noticed that about Eberflus. He sometimes starts with a bit of coachspeak that doesn't say much, but then as he talks, he will actually give a bit more of direct answers to questions. He did a similar thing during his answer about his coaching philosophy. Initially, it was a bit of a meh answer, but as he talked, and credit to Rich Eisen for being one of those few interviewers that often actually let's people talk, Eberflus actually passed on some interesting insight to his philosophy and approach to coaching.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Going to have to side with Ross here.

Get drafted by coach/GM on hot seat - Fact

-Bad offensive line - Fact

-Lack of weapons - Fact

He then goes on to say the Bears MAY have the worst O-line and WR's in the NFL ,,,,,,they might, or they might not. It's not wrong to say it however.

Greg Gabriel is more wrong when he says this team is better than the '21 team, but time will tell.

Not sure that he implies at all the Bears should have kept Nagy/Pace. At least I did not take it that way, I took it as the Nagy/Pace should have been either gone last year, or not allowed to trade up for Fields.

Which leads to an interesting question, what would Poles have done if he was the GM in 2021?

1. GM on hot seat is a fact.
2. Bad offensive line is not a fact as they haven't played a game yet. It is possible they suck or it is possible that Borom and Jenkins are much better in their 2nd year and Patrick stabilizes the C position. To claim the former as fact is just asinine.
3. Lack of weapons is again an opinion as we have not seen this WR core play together yet in this new offense. It is possible they suck or it is possible that Mooney becomes a No 1 WR, Kmet turns in a top 10 TE year and Pringle/Jones are reliable targets. Again to claim the former as fact is asinine.

So only one of the above is an actual fact. The fact you and Tucker don't understand this is telling.

Canth

Liked Posts:
One of my other interesting takeaways from that Eisen interview is that while they like Montgomery, they have confidence in the offensive system that it can produce 1000 yard runningbacks. So, my impression is that they are not going to invest significant dollars into the RB position - like a 2nd contract for Montgomery. I may be reading too much into it, but that aligns I think with the value of NFL RB's in general.

Especially in the Shanahan/Kubiak tree, I think there will be more emphasis and building and keeping the offensive line together - at least, that is my hope.

On that note, an interesting nugget from the recent Hoge and Jahns podcast pointed out that, whatever other flaws he may have had, Pace played DL in college and he knew how to find DL. Most of his best value picks were DL and arguably his best FA signing was Hicks on the DL.

So, with Poles being a former offensive lineman, and having a bit of a reputation from KC that he knew how to scout OL. It will be very interesting to see if Poles is able to find some of those OL gems. It gives me a bit of hope that maybe a couple of those late round picks pan out. Although I still would like to see another veteran starter be brought in...

Canth

Liked Posts:
2. Bad offensive line is not a fact as they haven't played a game yet. It is possible they suck or it is possible that Borom and Jenkins are much better in their 2nd year and Patrick stabilizes the C position. To claim the former as fact is just asinine.
3. Lack of weapons is again an opinion as we have not seen this WR core play yet. It is possible they suck or it is possible that Mooney becomes a No 1 WR, Kmet turns out a top 10 TE and Pringle/Jones are reliable targets. Again to claim the former as fact is asinine.

So only one of the above is an actual fact. The fact you and Tucker don't understand this is telling.

Yeah, welcome to the modern world where people don't understand the difference between opinions and facts.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
3. Lack of weapons is again an opinion as we have not seen this WR core play together yet in this new offense. It is possible they suck or it is possible that Mooney becomes a No 1 WR, Kmet turns in a top 10 TE year and Pringle/Jones are reliable targets. Again to claim the former as fact is asinine.

More convoluted Remy crap. Literally every team in the NFL has picked up a few scrubs in FA, added some 6th and 7th round picks, etc etc. So I guess we should not judge their rosters yet either?

Give me a break.

And maybe Mustipher and St. Brown have an epiphany and suddenly play at a pro-bowl levels? Because, we simply do not know?