*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They are saying the team will be much worse record-wise, even though the talent on the field stands to not be much different at all, and with an easier schedule. So yes, they are in fact saying Nagy and Pace were better.

This is called mental gymnastics

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
More convoluted Remy crap. Literally every team in the NFL has picked up a few scrubs in FA, added some 6th and 7th round picks, etc etc. So I guess we should not judge their rosters yet either?

Give me a break.

And maybe Mustipher and St. Brown have an epiphany and suddenly play at a pro-bowl levels? Because, we simply do not know?

Some players get better.

I know you expect Goff to be better because of time in the system.

At the end of the day, Remy is correct. You have no fucking idea, no one does until games are played

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some players get better.

I know you expect Goff to be better because of time in the system.

At the end of the day, Remy is correct. You have no fucking idea, no one does until games are played
I expect Goff to be better because his supporting cast will be better.
And it is you that has no idea, just if's but's and nut's, hoping that pigs can fly.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I expect Goff to be better because his supporting cast will be better.
And it is you that has no idea, just if's but's and nut's, hoping that pigs can fly.

You could have drafted busts for all you know. Like Charles Rogers

So yeah, you have no idea either

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
1. GM on hot seat is a fact.
2. Bad offensive line is not a fact as they haven't played a game yet. It is possible they suck or it is possible that Borom and Jenkins are much better in their 2nd year and Patrick stabilizes the C position. To claim the former as fact is just asinine.
3. Lack of weapons is again an opinion as we have not seen this WR core play together yet in this new offense. It is possible they suck or it is possible that Mooney becomes a No 1 WR, Kmet turns in a top 10 TE year and Pringle/Jones are reliable targets. Again to claim the former as fact is asinine.

So only one of the above is an actual fact. The fact you and Tucker don't understand this is telling.
Actually it’s not asinine. I think it’s very valid and logical to assume a player sucks based on their previous play UNTIL they prove otherwise.

I think that’s a lot smarter than to assume they’ll take a giant leap and be a way better player from experience.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
More convoluted Remy crap. Literally every team in the NFL has picked up a few scrubs in FA, added some 6th and 7th round picks, etc etc. So I guess we should not judge their rosters yet either?

Give me a break.

And maybe Mustipher and St. Brown have an epiphany and suddenly play at a pro-bowl levels? Because, we simply do not know?

Don't be a moron. You and Tucker were claiming things that were facts when they are opinions. Even Ross acknowledged they were opinions when Gabriel challenged him.

Like you are free to have the opinion that the Bears OL sucks. You are not free to lie and pretend things are facts when they are your opinion. Is it possible for the Bears OL to play well this year? The answer is yes however remote you think it is. Thus moron, it is not a fact they suck. It is your opinion. At least have the common sense of Tucker to admit when you are wrong.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Actually it’s not asinine. I think it’s very valid and logical to assume a player sucks based on their previous play UNTIL they prove otherwise.

I think that’s a lot smarter than to assume they’ll take a giant leap and be a way better player from experience.

Yeah no it is asinine. The comment by Tucker was that it was a fact. This is just flat out wrong. If you are assuming something then it is not a fucking fact dude. An assumption by definition means you are expressing an opinion. Again Tucker already admitted in the follow up you quoted that 2 of the things he claimed were facts were in fact his opinion. That opinion may be reasonable and based on reasonable assumptions but it is still an opinion.

Words have meanings. There is no scenario where the comment about the OL and WRs are factual. The facts will be established on the field. Period. Opinions don't magically become facts just because you personally agree with them.

SpinachTeeth

Liked Posts:
I agree with ncogneto on most of these.

Most of these “wait and see” people, you have to be proactive in NFL (hell, in any career/field) to have any success. Not reactive.

In fact, why didn’t we just do nothing this off-season and “wait and see” to see if Jenkins/Borom got better, maybe Arob gets his swag back, maybe Nagy turns it around, maybe Mack won’t get injured, maybe Tarik comes back and retains the magic, and team will be better. “We don’t know until they’ve played a game on the field so all your reasonable concerns about the team are invalid, can we be patient and wait and see till they’ve played a game first before dick ripping. Oh and lest I forget, in the usual CCS way I’m going to insult you personally as well just because I disagree with your opinion”. (One of the worst ccs qualities that would not happen on other boards like realgm for example bc their mods actually care).

It’s not a “fact” that the o-line is bad, but based on any reasonable projection (bad antecedent o line last year that lost 2 starters and added a career backup and four 5th round or later picks), it is as valid a concern/expectation as any projection in the NFL.

For those who say “coaching change” will change things, we’ve seen this before. I remember literally the same arguments used when we switched hiestand to Castillo a year ago. And what do you know? In the end talent is talent and coaching change didn’t make a damn difference.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
I get what EL is trying to say, but the headline of "Eberflus Let Slip" kind of low key irritates me. He didn't "let slip" anything. Rich Eisen asked him about what they are planning for Justin Fields and he answered. I think we have gotten so used to some coaches talking complete bs that we get surprised when you have one in Eberflus that gives slightly more direct answers...eventually.

I have noticed that about Eberflus. He sometimes starts with a bit of coachspeak that doesn't say much, but then as he talks, he will actually give a bit more of direct answers to questions. He did a similar thing during his answer about his coaching philosophy. Initially, it was a bit of a meh answer, but as he talked, and credit to Rich Eisen for being one of those few interviewers that often actually let's people talk, Eberflus actually passed on some interesting insight to his philosophy and approach to coaching.
Go look through the rest of the titles of his articles on his site and tell me if you can find even one that is not just click bait.
Most of his articles are a bunch of meaningless words and projections based on a quote from a coach or player. There is very little substance if any.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Yeah no it is asinine. The comment by Tucker was that it was a fact. This is just flat out wrong. If you are assuming something then it is not a fucking fact dude. An assumption by definition means you are expressing an opinion. Again Tucker already admitted in the follow up you quoted that 2 of the things he claimed were facts were in fact his opinion. That opinion may be reasonable and based on reasonable assumptions but it is still an opinion.

Words have meanings. There is no scenario where the comment about the OL and WRs are factual. The facts will be established on the field. Period. Opinions don't magically become facts just because you personally agree with them.
Dude you are a psycho

imma exit from this vortex

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We wont know who was a good pick or not until these guys play in real games.

But I never said Tolbert was not good. Just said they wanted a YAC and deep speed guy and VJJ has him beat in both.
This and if it was about measurables with a deep ball emphasis. Pierce or Pickens in 2 were the guys. Can Pierce be coached up and develop a reasonable tree or any run after catch, twitch? Can Pickens be coached at all, stay on the Field and not get out muscled on jump balls at the next level? After Watson, that had his own set of ?s (but crazy upside), it was a pick your poison WR draft.

I'm OK with this draft though I understand that VJ may never be that #1 WR type. I'm OK with what we took in 2 instead of a very short armed T or the WRs available (I though Pickens was the choice if WR but it's easy to understand why they passed). VJ is an unknown but he has enough tools to be a useful addition this year. Do I think a WR chose in 2 or after him has a better career. Sure, but I have no idea which ones.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
ah shit.. my bad.
Shit happens. If it was about measurable Alec Pierce in 2 was the pick.?
Isaiah Watson (9.6) and Kevin Austin (9.9) had top RAS scores. Both went undrafted. Would have been nice to sign one. Austin was my sleeper selection of this year.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
How do you put Lance above Mills at this point? Is he just projecting how he thinks they will play this year and not basing this on what they have shown to this point?

Now that Fields has fixed his hitch (at least in practice) will he get some love?
Yeah, his anticipated rankings