My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Last edited:

Visionman

Liked Posts:
They are using Robert Kraft to argue this. He did not deceive anyone (no unwilling participants in a single instance) and his case was considered entrapped so it was tossed. Their hoping a single alleged $59 tug job will pressure the NFL to not suspend Watson after likely paying millions to keep defendants quiet.
They are just hoping they can get less than a full year suspension. Even if they do, the guy won’t have taken a NFL snap in almost 2 years. How many realistically come back from that?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They are just hoping they can get less than a full year suspension. Even if they do, the guy won’t have taken a NFL snap in almost 2 years. How many realistically come back from that?
Less worried about him playing well than I am about the lack of contact he's been getting. His style tales a lot of shots so hopefully he does less of that once he gets to play again. He's still young and I suspect he'll continue to be a playmaker once he shakes off the rust but you never know how well they are maintaining their chops.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Less worried about him playing well than I am about the lack of contact he's been getting. His style tales a lot of shots so hopefully he does less of that once he gets to play again. He's still young and I suspect he'll continue to be a playmaker once he shakes off the rust but you never know how well they are maintaining their chops.
Mental focus is also a concern. It's not like the minute he hits the field it will be completely forgotten, media questions, heckling, unavoidable social media attacks are likely to take some toll. I think he will very much follow a Mike Vick path. Come back, have a few glimmers of excellence and ultimately end up a middling QB playing for the hapless Browns franchise.

Only difference is Cleveland is screwed by the dumbest contract in pro sports history and traded away a shit ton. Ultimately it will end up comparing closely to the Minn Hershel Walker trade

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mental focus is also a concern. It's not like the minute he hits the field it will be completely forgotten, media questions, heckling, unavoidable social media attacks are likely to take some toll. I think he will very much follow a Mike Vick path. Come back, have a few glimmers of excellence and ultimately end up a middling QB playing for the hapless Browns franchise.

Only difference is Cleveland is screwed by the dumbest contract in pro sports history and traded away a shit ton. Ultimately it will end up comparing closely to the Minn Hershel Walker trade
He also won't have Hopkins and who knows if the Browns will change their entire offense for him like Houston did. That said, he's become more natural in the pocket and a better decision maker than Vick ever was. Vick was the better athlete. Certainly lots working against him but plenty of QBs don't get live reps before they show great play. Sitting for a while sure didn't hurt Rodgers, Warner, Gannon or Young. Lots of variables in his preparedness but I wouldn't assume one way or the other.

It's a message board and when I object to another's assumption, I fully expect the argument to turn into me saying that I'm insisting on the opposite of that assumption which is absolutely not the case. I'm simply saying we shouldn't assume poor play on his return.

Last edited:

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think you can pretty much write him off for the 2022 season. Whether it's a full year or partial year, it will be late enough and as you allude he'll have to get himself into "football shape." The good news is, since he's not taking hits, he won't need as many massages ?. Meanwhile, Baker Mayfield (whom I generally dislike as a human being) is going to ball-out wherever he goes (last I heard they were negotiating with Seattle). One good thing about Baker leaving Cleveland if it happens, we won't have to watch anymore Baker Mayfield at home in the Browns Stadium commercials.

Last edited:

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Vick played at a pro bowl level after missing a couple of years and not being named the starter when he returned. Watson won't be serving any prison time (and rightly or wrongly won't be as much of a pariah) so I'm guessing he will still be able to play whenever that time comes.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
These Lambert articles are shit.

Every single one is just a quote pulled from a national media source padded with drivel.

True, the pulled quote is usually interesting. But that's it. Just an interesting quote pulled from someone else's interview.

Every single one could just be a simple tweet without losing any of the content.