Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
•Olney tweets that neither Prince Fielder nor Albert Pujols is an ideal long-term target for the Cubs, noting that Fielder makes the most sense for an AL club that could move him to DH for the back half of a long-term contract.

I dont agree about Fielder. If he gets 7 or 8 years he only be 34 or 35. So he will be able to be a 1B still

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
So... who wants LaHair on the Cubs in '12????

He's striking out crazy in the Winter League now.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cubs Claim Jeff Bianchi Off Waivers |

According to CubsInsider, the Cubs have claimed infielder Jeff Bianchi off waivers from the Kansas City Royals. Bianchi is a career minor leaguer. Bianchi has played in 491 games in the minors, posting a .281 average, 31 home runs, 251 runs batted in and 78 stolen bases.

Bianchi missed a few seasons as he underwent Tommy John Surgery and Labrum surgery. He’s a 25 year old right-handed hitter.

Bianchi was drafted by the Kansas City Royals in the 2nd round (50th overall) during the 2005 draft. From I get… I think the Royals had high hopes for Bianchi as they added him to the 40 man-roster to protect him from the Rule V draft in 2009. But I think injuries caught up to Bianchi and the Royals decided to clear a spot on the 40-man roster by designating him for assignment after the 2011 season.

If anything… the Cubs just added depth in their minors or maybe a player that can off the bench. As of right now, the Cubs did lose Ryan Flaherty and Marwin Gonzalez to the Rule V draft. So.. they need players to fill out their Triple A squad. Also, the Cubs traded 2B DJ LeMahieu to the Rockies… so more depth is a need right now.

So… I guess we will see what Jeff Bianchi is soon enough.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Picking up KCR trash now. So excited about 2012

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
What don't get is Cubs pick this guy up for depth but dont protect Flaherty and Gonzalez when they had the roster spots!! So Cubs saying KCR trash better then Cubs system but Cubs be ready to compete in couple years. What a joke

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
What don't get is Cubs pick this guy up for depth but dont protect Flaherty and Gonzalez when they had the roster spots!! So Cubs saying KCR trash better then Cubs system but Cubs be ready to compete in couple years. What a joke

It is entirely possible that Theo and Jed and the scouting department (you know, the one Ricketts spent millions to acquire) know just slightly more than you do. Chill out, smoke a joint, sit back and enjoy :smoke:

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is entirely possible that Theo and Jed and the scouting department (you know, the one Ricketts spent millions to acquire) know just slightly more than you do. Chill out, smoke a joint, sit back and enjoy :smoke:

Enjoy watching these guys put together a 95 loss team. Sorry I want a winning team. Not talks how team be good in 3+ years. If it was easy to build through draft, int. signings every team could do it. Guess what a lot of rebuilding teams have to rebuild on top of rebuilding. Big market teams shouldn't have to rebuild!!

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Enjoy watching these guys put together a 95 loss team. Sorry I want a winning team. Not talks how team be good in 3+ years. If it was easy to build through draft, int. signings every team could do it. Guess what a lot of rebuilding teams have to rebuild on top of rebuilding. Big market teams shouldn't have to rebuild!!

I'm not saying that your points are wrong. I'm just saying that they might have more information about each player than we peasants can find on Google or Baseball-Reference or FanGraphs. Now it might behoove you to drink a cold beer before you rupture a vein in your head from all this anger.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not saying that your points are wrong. I'm just saying that they might have more information about each player than we peasants can find on Google or Baseball-Reference or FanGraphs. Now it might behoove you to drink a cold beer before you rupture a vein in your head from all this anger.

I don't drink alcohol. Might need start

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't drink alcohol. Might need start

Have a Coke instead.

220px-Coca-Cola_24_Can_Pack.jpg

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21